Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:11:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloudflare 520 error when accessing both Kraken and Bitfinex  (Read 933 times)
kenneho (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:51:51 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 07:05:55 PM by kenneho

Hi all.

I funded my wallet over at Kraken, and thought I'd buy some crypto, but it fails constantly with Cloudfare 520 error. At least 80% of the clicks I perform on the website, I get this error. Had the same issue yesterday.
I got some Cloudflare 520 errors over at Bitfinex too, but not as frequently as on Kraken.

The error page states that the error occurs between Cloudflare and Kraken.

Does anyone know what may be causing this?

EDIT: I'm trying to transfer my Kraken funds over to Bitfinex, as Bitfinex is more stable, but as of now I'm not sure I will even be able to do that - Kraken is just returning 520.

EDIT 2: The web console states this: Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at self (“script-src https://www.kraken.com https://*.google-analytics.com”). Source: ;!function(){var t=0,e=function(t,e){ret....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mahof

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:49:29 PM

same problem 520 since yesterday morning
Lipe490

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:27:15 PM

I really would like to understand how those great exchanges have such a problem like 520 error. Every week they report this issue and people just do not get to trade. They gain so much money with trading fees that I question myself if it is that hard to pay for decent servers. I will never use Kraken or Bitfinex again because of these problems. It seems like every uptrend of bitcoin they claim to have some kind of connection issue. Btw I had the same 520 error early today.
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:43:52 PM

I really would like to understand how those great exchanges have such a problem like 520 error. Every week they report this issue and people just do not get to trade. They gain so much money with trading fees that I question myself if it is that hard to pay for decent servers. I will never use Kraken or Bitfinex again because of these problems. It seems like every uptrend of bitcoin they claim to have some kind of connection issue. Btw I had the same 520 error early today.

I'm also flabbergasted that these exchanges always have some problems with their servers especially when there's a huge price movement in the market. For me, these issues just provide us a better picture of how they handle things in their end. It is very obvious that they are not using their money to enhance their hardware and they just keep their profit for themselves without thinking the improvement that they need to do within their company. These problems made me withdrew all my money from them and transfer to another exchange that has lesser downtime. They should close down because they are just providing inconvenience to their users.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:07:18 PM

Most likely cloudflare is having an issue, bitcointalk is giving me those errors and some other sites too.
You can always check their status here https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/ as it looks everything should be fine now.
kenneho (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:24:16 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I'm guessing it may simply be a scalability issue, due to the tremendous growth in crypto interest worldwide.

Anyway, seems to be working now, so I'll give it another try.
kenneho (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:28:32 PM

Oh, it's still not working. Got the 520 both here on bitcointalk, Localbitcoins and Kraken.
Mahanton

Activity: 2688
Merit: 625

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:49:33 PM

Most likely cloudflare is having an issue, bitcointalk is giving me those errors and some other sites too.
You can always check their status here https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/ as it looks everything should be fine now.
This is true even this forum have this issue where it do error showing 520 which is really hassle specially when you do make browse and reading up and using those site. Sometimes it goes online and sometimes it do have error again.I didnt experience this on Kraken since i dont really use that site but on bitfinex it do have the same issue.The reason behind on this one is too much load up for sure.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 441

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:42:05 PM

I also got the same issue with Kraken as well. Looks like its a DDoS or something or I maybe wrong. Or perhaps a surge of customers. Everyone is flocking on the crypto world that. New users everyday, clogging their network. Even the forum has the same issues too earlier. I just gave up getting in and instead just focus on other activities. I hope that everything is back to normal again.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Shu1llerr

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:14:17 AM

Hey. I'm constantly getting 503 error. Kraken and Bitfinex lies, on them a hacker attack. with krakenom the problem is solved simply - update a page, yet will not come. I update the page up to 10 times, and after that comes.
clutchn350z

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:30:43 AM

I seem to have stumbled upon a rather simple way to use the exchanges until they can become stable.

The way I have sort of skirted the Error page issue or at least made it bearable is when I click on a link or feature that would normally change the webpage that I am on i simply hold the control button down opening a new tab intstead of letting the page i am on change... if the new tab page is a Cloudflare 502 error i am at least still active on the good page I didnt let change and I just press the link or feature again without having to refresh the page or hit the back button until a new tab opens properly without an error page...

Not sure if that made sense but it works and I have been able to navigate the websites without losing my mind

Hope this helps out a few of you Smiley

Good luck

BTC - 1FmvLwbVd9csHj53hhufeK59UyhnARaabz
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:38:56 AM

I am being able to access both bitfinex and kraken on my first attempt without any cloudflare issue, that might be just a temporary problem they have with their servers because of high traffic flow, many newbie traders are creating account in both web wallets + exchange platforms these days so such temporary outage is normal.

However, I will never trust bitfinex again.
Kraken-Septimus

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

https://support.kraken.com

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 02:59:03 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 06:19:35 PM by Kraken-Septimus

Hi!

We're having a major upgrade next week. Stay tuned!

https://blog.kraken.com/post/1399/degraded-service-upgrade-next-week/

Edit: We had some major upgrades in early January that made trading and connectivity much smoother. If you haven't been on Kraken in a while please drop by and check out our new trading interface trade.kraken.com .

Unlock futures trading with Kraken's Crypto Facilities acquisition!
Do you need support? Please open a ticket here and escalate that ticket using this form.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 03:01:58 PM

I don't know what's the reason behind these errors but kraken and bitfinex aren't the only ones. Even bitcointalk has been facing some issues. And by the way do not use bitfinex it has been facing quite a lot of withdrawal and other issues. Use some other exchange.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: