Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 03:34:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CPU mining is still alive and kicking!  (Read 1396 times)
Riptide_NVN

Activity: 294
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:26:07 PM

Ryzen any good at this?
guru30

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:31:27 PM

I've been working on CPU mining for a long time. I think it's for someone who does not have that much money for a very expensive graphics card and just wants to make a few bucks along the way, the easiest thing to do is run their PC. Unfortunately, there are not so many coins where you can really believe that you can earn something more than its electricity costs. I also found ROI https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2361848.0 or Hodl https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1317918.0 or Dynamic . I think that even with these CPU Coins maybe can not rich, but the next vacation or the small car is quite possible.

Sorry for my bad englisch ....

Guru

Switcher_NL (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:12:34 PM

Do you think it's easy to set up CPU mining on a GPU mining rig ? Or do you think the CPU mining running at the same time will decrease the overall efficiency of the GPU mining ?

i suggest you mine Electroneum with ur CPU. Thats what im doing Smiley Not getting much but my computer is always on anyway so might aswell Cheesy 10 ETN / day. I think value will increase in the future.

Would you have a software to suggest to mine ETN ?  Grin

Okay, well a CPU has threads too, so an average i7 has 8 threads, you can set it up so it uses 7 threads, keep 1 thread available for any other stuff going on, including with mining
Switcher_NL (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:18:39 PM

Seems like there are many coins which are CPU mineable only, which are decentralised in a good way!

Any list available to find all the new CPU mineable coins?? any channels/groups sharing this info across??

Also any upcoming less difficulty coins which are mineable by GPU??

The thing is, those lists are well picked over, the coins on it are hard to mine now, due to the difficulty.
Verium is still very well mineable, but we are noticing an increase in interest and the community is growing.
If it is picked up by the mainstream miners, you will be too late!
coindetective

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:37:38 PM

I've been mining Credits and Dynamic which are both cpu only coins and ive been getting good results.
Im going to check out this coin and see what results i get, hopefully its profitable

Can you pls define what good results actually mean?

citysleeper

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:12:05 PM

is it worth nowdays to combine several raspberry pi3 to mine?
btcgolong

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:36:13 PM

No...proof of stake maybe...but not mining
I.Grozni

Activity: 588
Merit: 286

Coinomi multi-coin HD wallet

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:40:55 PM

In late 2015, I mined Monero with CPU. Then it was $ 0.2 and everyone told me it was not worth it. For a few months I mined and gave up. Now I have a beautiful couple hundred $ in Monero and I'm sorry that I gave up.
tomwalsh

Activity: 112
Merit: 30

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:41:44 PM

What level of profitability can be expected?

I assume it is profitable in terms of power consumption but the component cost of buying a machine means it is only intended for use by already owned systems.

What are the future price prospects for the coin?

citysleeper

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:26:32 PM

No...proof of stake maybe...but not mining

thanks for info
binkyj357

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:42:26 AM

i suggest you mine Electroneum with ur CPU. Thats what im doing Smiley Not getting much but my computer is always on anyway so might aswell Cheesy 10 ETN / day. I think value will increase in the future.

Would you have a software to suggest to mine ETN ?  Grin

[/quote]

I'm using XMR STAK (cpu-only version, haven't had much luck w/ the new unified edition), mining ~8 ETN/day (using an AMD FX-4300)
PranDoW

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:48:38 AM

In my opinion CPU mining is not good way to make money. GPU gonna be much better and more productive
btcgolong

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:56:17 AM

In late 2015, I mined Monero with CPU. Then it was $ 0.2 and everyone told me it was not worth it. For a few months I mined and gave up. Now I have a beautiful couple hundred $ in Monero and I'm sorry that I gave up.

Never give up if you believe in something...go with your instincts
thulisman

Activity: 85

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:03:01 AM

I think mining with a CPU is not an effective form. I've also tried to exploit some altcoin with the CPU, but it's not profitable for me because the performance is not high. In my opinion, you can use GPU or some professional exploiting machine will bring more efficiency.
binkyj357

Activity: 103

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:38:38 AM

I think mining with a CPU is not an effective form. I've also tried to exploit some altcoin with the CPU, but it's not profitable for me because the performance is not high. In my opinion, you can use GPU or some professional exploiting machine will bring more efficiency.

I think it depends on your circumstances and your goals. Some people, like myself, are looking to hold for medium/long term profits. If I had no way to GPU mine a coin I really believed in, I would be happy there's an option to get me in the game. In fact, that's pretty much how I started in crypto, and I'm happy I scraped together what I could before this year's series of price explosions. My GPUs are currently pointed @ BTG, and I mine ETN w/ that CPU because I want both in my portfolio without having to spend actual money.
Switcher_NL (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:19:41 AM

Okay, so when everyone is using GPU’S the playingfield is levelled....unless you get a $500,= gpu....then you have a bit more......some have 12 per rig and so on.....right?

So what if people mine cpu only coins, read cpu only, so gpu will not work.
When you buy a 500,= CPU....You have a pretty big one, or you can buy 7 small ones, like xu4 odroids to mine....very efficient little buggers.

Don’t compare e them too much, cpu and gpu mining are different things.

citysleeper

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:35:53 AM

tried to mine vericoin with pc and mac.
both mined no more tnan total zero.
not even one part of a million.
I.Grozni

Activity: 588
Merit: 286

Coinomi multi-coin HD wallet

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:55:39 PM

What if you have an older computer that has already paid off its value with its work, but is it still strong enough to be able to dig up some crypto currencies? Will you still use it for ordinary surfing and CPU mining or will you throw it off? Btw. soon come new projects for CPU mining such as JSEcoin and Nimiq.
ronnylov

Activity: 276
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:13:10 PM

I am mining on my home server which is always powered on anyways and I don't need all the CPU power for the server functions. So I just dedicate half of the CPU cores for mining. Yes it needs a bit more electrical power doing that but I earn more than the increased cost of the electricity. I also put one GPU in the server and together they earn more than all the power cost for the server.

★★★ LETHEAN ★★★
BLOCKCHAIN BACKED DECENTRALISED P2P VPN
MediumTwitterDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
Switcher_NL (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:21:43 PM

tried to mine vericoin with pc and mac.
both mined no more tnan total zero.
not even one part of a million.
vericoin is not mineable, that is a staking coin, you need to have some, to earn some......vericoin is mineable, preferably in a pool, unless you can get your hashrate above 30kh/m
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: