Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:49:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best strategy, when you entered late into altcoin?  (Read 518 times)
oseikuf44 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:22:44 PM

What is the best strategy if you entered altocoins trading very late and want to catch up.
Archimyste

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:24:50 PM

The best strategy is always to diversify, so pick a few altcoins you like after researching a lot about them then throw a bit of money in each of them ^^
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:27:08 PM

Best strategy when you are late into buying promising coin is to buy in batches. You should schedule your buying in such a way that you are only buying the deep. If you consistently buy the deep, you may have better portfolio than those who take early position in such coin!
PMmesexycoins

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:29:17 PM

The best one is only known after the fact. Diversifying should be safer, but with uncertainty there's no such thing a safe bets for most of us.
illusioNiZt

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 07:31:04 PM

Make a list of coins with great potential to grow research on them and then invest, you can invest money according to the project I would suggest investing in multiple alt-coins rather than investing all your money into one project.

Meruem

Activity: 95

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:35:19 PM

In few words, if you are not a professional trader - there are two ways.
Long term investments and short term. Short term are mostly for professionals or if you know how to buy/trade on exchanges and if you have time to supervise coins 24/7. You need to buy them cheap while price is increasing in short terms and sell them on the top, before their price fall.
Long term strategy is to make an investigation of for example top 20-25 crypto currencies by market cup and then choose the best one for you. The best ones I mean the coins which are perspective. Then buy them and hold.
oseikuf44 (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:44:35 PM

Thanks guys, I am going to work on my trading strategies to achieve maximum profit in the coming years.
madarkieus

Activity: 153

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 07:48:45 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 08:06:44 PM by madarkieus

What is the best strategy if you entered altocoins trading very late and want to catch up.

Even though altcoins are very low right now, you just want something to outperform BTC. Otherwise, it would be wiser to invest in BTC in the first place. Catching good altcoins at the moment is very hard because of the immense rise of BTC. So take your time for research, use stop-loss and right now in this kind of market sentiment I am not a fan of the hodl for life strategy. If you make good profits like x5 take some of it out that you have actual profits in USD or BTC.

My personal tip, I really don't like midcaps. They just crash every time BTC moves up or down. Big market caps have suffered a lot recently and maybe its their turn now, although I think they will suffer a bit more. The low market cap coins, also called shitcoins, is where I personally made the most profit. They are much less coupled to BTC but are a bigger risk to take.
jimmylarge123

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:50:51 PM

Do not forget about stop-loss orders. And you should move them up while the price is going up.
dzkazmi

Activity: 218

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:54:45 PM

The only best working strategy is buy at low and sell at high. and hodl until you are in profit.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
justin86

Activity: 406

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:02:05 PM

If you are very late though you can't know if you are very late, the best thing is not entering in the first place.

gamer_2088

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 08:07:01 PM

I think it is best to sell high, buy low. Most important thing is not to buy a lot of coins. It is important to distribute among the top 10.

rallyko

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:20:37 PM

Diversify risks! Do not forget that most of your portfolio should be bitcoin-this is the basis. Fix a profit from time to time. Good luck! Wink

hari9981

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:25:21 PM

I think it's never too late to invest in altcoin. although the altcoin price is very expensive. altcoin will continue to rise if many requests occur. you just need to wait for a better price. even if you buy altcoin at an expensive price. and waiting is the best way to get results from your altcoin.
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:37:01 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 12:38:41 PM by Zocadas

When I "entered to late into altcoin" and it is not a shitcoin, I just keep it on longterm. All cryptocurrencies on first ranks on market cap show an amazing history. Nearly all (except ZCash) have a rise for months an even years like Dash, Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple and even Dogecoin.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 09:46:01 PM

All depends on whether you are a long terms trader or short terms. Although even if you are of either long or short trader , diversification of your investment capital into different investment opportunities in altcoins is the best as compared to put all your egg.
mariored89

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 09:56:51 PM

Wait a drop like a price correction and this point is the best moment to enter  Grin
exadex.org

Activity: 122

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 10:00:02 PM

It may be too late for Bitcoin (I don't know), but it's never too late for altcoins. Grin
Ardor, Waves and BitShares for example.

aloha99

Activity: 97

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:07:10 PM

There are no best strategies when you come late. Sometimes, it would be better to never enter if you miss a huge pump. Crypto trading is not like FIAT trading where you can easily identify entry and quit points. Best strategy is to follow carefully crypto news and try to invest in promising projects
nexus2k14

Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:10:43 PM

Best strategy it will be Diversity and make sure you go small at first. Good advice invest at least 50% in BTC even is a small fraction of one, it will be still profitable that for sure, so anytime you check a part of your portfolio will be on the plus and may cover some losses from alts. Make sure you don't invest in alternative crypto more than you can lose. Good luck, if you can't decide what to buy ask here on forum.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: