Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:38:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Method of diminishing the Multipool effect for coin devs  (Read 1037 times)
kslavik

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:04:32 PM

Think about real resource miners: gold, silver, copper, etc. Do they mine it and then wait for the price to go up? They in fact do the opposite: they short sell it before they even start to mine it, so they would know exactly how much their operation would cost and how much profit they will make. I think short selling (hedging) of digital currencies is coming as well, so be ready for it.

Mining and trading are two different things, which are very independent from each other.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:06:04 PM

Hence merged mining. The more blockchains you need to secure the more useful merged mining becomes.

-MarkM-

I don't want or like merged mining, and it's not a solution to the flash mining pool problem, it just duck shoves the problem to some other coin dev.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 09:10:45 PM

Think about real resource miners: gold, silver, copper, etc. Do they mine it and then wait for the price to go up? They in fact do the opposite: they short sell it before they even start to mine it, so they would know exactly how much their operation would cost and how much profit they will make. I think short selling (hedging) of digital currencies is coming as well, so be ready for it.

Mining and trading are two different things, which are very independent from each other.

Millenia after the "invention" of gold, silver, copper, sure.

But back in the day when someone proposed a newfangled shiny that they speculated might catch on?

Heck even just going out trying to short sell it likely would let competitors realise a new shiny was on the horizon, they might go out and mine it all while you are busy doing your market-research aka trying to sell it, short or otherwise...

New "fools gold" is being found every day around here, wanna pre-order some of the next one up in case it turns out not to be pyrites afterall but an actually new metal?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: