Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:07:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best exchange or site to cash out coins to Usd?  (Read 396 times)
67MustangGT (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:53:38 PM

I've used Coinbase in the past to purchase coin but have heard some issues recently with them.

Can you share what other sites that are reputable have the options to exchange coins for Usd?

I've also transferred coin from Coinbase to my Trezor.  It seems expensive to do that with BTC. 
Is that the norm on all sites for transferring BTC?

Thanks for the help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:04:03 PM

There are lots of unconfirmed transactions in mempool so fee for transaction is quite high.

Yes coinbase have lots of issues and you have done good job by transferring bitcoin you have bought in coinbase out of it.

Poloniex, bittrex, hitbtc and many other have bitcoin to usdt (tether) pair which is similar to USD and holds 1:1 price so you can trade your bitcoin for tether and exchange back when you want to buy bitcoin, It is so much easier than USD.

Also you can trade bitcoin for Euro in bitpanda and keep those euro in their inbuilt wallet and buy some coins back in future. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
coinsontheroad

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:14:47 PM

Coinbase is holding about $5K in coins of mine hostage. Won't answer support tickets. Phone support is non-existent. I fled them months ago but still fighting to get my money.

I purchase BTC and/or ETH on Gemini and transfer to other exchanges to purchase and trade other coins.

67MustangGT (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:36:22 PM

Thanks for the info.

I do have a Bittrex account and have use their exchange.
I didn't know about usdt, that's helpful.

Does Bittrex allow to transfer from bank account to usdt?

I guess I have not found a "one stop shop" to get Usd onto an exchange.  Maybe Gemini you can do that but they want your SSN.
I like using credit card but it seems Coinbase, Bitstamp and Coinmama may be the only main ones that allow this, correct?

Thanks
dcryptoguy

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:59:16 PM

I'm fairly new to crypto trading. Having no problem with Coinbase, but too expensive. Still waiting to get live with Kraken which seems to have reasonable fees to get in/out of USD. In the meantime I found Bitcoin Investment Trust (GBTC). I'm up about 20% here already. Good way to get into a fund through your regular stock account that tracks bitcoin. Temporary solution until I can get up with an real exchange.
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 09:02:56 PM

It seems that a lot of people will never understand that the fees are going to be very expensive if there are a lot of unconfirmed transactions on the mempool.

Actually, $17 for a transaction is nothing, because we have more than 140k of unconfirmed tx's.

There are lots of unconfirmed transactions in mempool so fee for transaction is quite high.

The normal fees for this kind of congestion should be more than $30, but just imagine that scenario, everybody would be complaining about it if we had to pay more than thirty dollars for sending a few bucks.
It will get back to normality again, but it is just matter of time until the pool gets cleared again.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
Heo

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:03:06 PM

Coinbase is holding about $5K in coins of mine hostage. Won't answer support tickets. Phone support is non-existent. I fled them months ago but still fighting to get my money.

I purchase BTC and/or ETH on Gemini and transfer to other exchanges to purchase and trade other coins.

Can you elaborate what happen ? I also have coins in coinbase. I just read your message and kinda worry now.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:05:29 PM

If you want a good broker you should try Gemini. They recently added more states and more countries. Out of most brokers I think they got the least amount of customers and should process applications much quicker than Coinbase.

Coinbase is good but the support staff is underwelmed and cant keep up with the demand and thats why people are experiencing these issues.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
william8829

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:20:37 PM

I've used Coinbase in the past to purchase coin but have heard some issues recently with them.

Can you share what other sites that are reputable have the options to exchange coins for Usd?

I've also transferred coin from Coinbase to my Trezor.  It seems expensive to do that with BTC. 

Thanks for the help.

If your just exchanging crypto currency into USD and you are already signed up with Coinbase.  You can use their exchange GDAX. Its "fast and free" when transferring between GDAX and Coinbase.  Then trade at market value and pay a small takers fee which is much less than Coinbases exchange fee.
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:43:20 PM

Thanks for the help.

Localbitcoins is a very good bitcoin exchange site, that has an escrow service giving a smooth trade between the buyer and seller, and you can select your native currency which you wish to be paid with.

When it comes to the transaction fees, it's becoming too expensive.
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:15:01 PM

Can someone tell me right now which site pays you out more?  Is it coinbase or gemini?  Also people say gemini is better because of rates for buying btc.  Is that the same with selling btc?  Thus use gdax instead?  So if you sold 1 btc, you would get more money transferred to your bank account as oppose to coinbase?
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:19:04 PM

I like using credit card but it seems Coinbase, Bitstamp and Coinmama may be the only main ones that allow this, correct?
Cex.io & bitpanda also offers deposit with credit card. But not sure if they require id verification or not. But I heard its a good exchange.

usdt (tether)
Two days ago I visited there site (https://tether.to) and tried to sign up.
But it was temporarily offline and could not able to sign up. It is due to tether stolen incident. I hope they will be back soon.

Have you opened scam accusation against coinbase? Let the community know about it.
Coinbase may reply here and solve the issue without any delay. I don't know they are active or not herein bitcointalk, but it will not hurt to give a try.
Bobby Ocean

Activity: 6
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:23:12 AM

bitFlyer US

https://bitflyer.com/en-us/

Verification is fast, you can talk directly to customer service who are usually in the live chat on the trading floor.

Wire transfer only, no ACH.   

Wiring Money out is only $10. a wire.

The way you set up bank verification is that your wire any amount into your newly established account, and that becomes the bank you wire money out from. So think carefully about which of your banks to chose.   It you have to change it up down the line, that simply needs to be vetted and approved through customer service. 

Each account has a unique extra code so that your wires so that can expedite getting you, money into the account. 

bitFlyer US is in San Fransisco and the bank they use is a Commercial Bank in the San Diego area with nine branches, top shelf, but not one of the majors.

They have three account tiers, each one with a Max daily limits:

Trade Lite Class:
        $2,000

Trade Class:
        $50,000

Trade Pro Class:
        Unlimited

At this point, there is only one pair at bitFlyer US BTC <=> USD

They will be adding different pairs down the line.  So you send your BTC in or out.  The exchange is solid, as bitFlyer Japan has dominated Crypto trading in Japan for quite a while, and the company has opened this new exchange with all the top security protocols.  and trades are free till the end of March.

I do not work for bitFlyer US - I have just had experiences that are 100 times more professional than with Krakken or the traitorous scum of Coinbase. 

enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:32:23 AM

In my opinion other good exchange to cash out in usd is Exmo, this exchange operated acouple years and i never heard any negatif issue about this exchange. They has many active trader and big volume daily transaction.

clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:41:23 AM

Peer to Peer is still the best option since there is an increase in government oversight and coming regulations.  The more you can do and rely on peer to peer selling and buying the better for you to convert your bitcoin to cash or otherwise.

ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:05:56 PM

Peer to Peer is still the best option since there is an increase in government oversight and coming regulations.  The more you can do and rely on peer to peer selling and buying the better for you to convert your bitcoin to cash or otherwise.
I think all are posted in old thread. But coinbase is the good reputed site sometimes server should be busy so it will take more than one or two hours is possible because December month segwit2x is launched in the market so most of Bitcoin servers are busy in the crypto market.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:24:46 PM

They don't? Luckily we have a app converter of coins into our state money but the app have features coinbase doesn't i thought coinbase is a reliable one but now that I've seen it scratch it. That could be a problem if someone or various people have the same issue as yours it could lead to lawsuits. Incase some buggy or invulnerabilities they are unaware of what's happening that is a major problem since almost all the mojority of users uses coinbase.
peterthegreat

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:28:35 PM

If from US than Gemini, if from Europe than maybe Kraken and don't know about Asian countries. Also if you want to keep it anonymous or want to cashout in cash than LocalBitcoins is your best bet. It is available for almost all the countries in the world.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:11:40 PM

May be the best of the best to change BTC in fiat is Localbitcoins website because you can see many offer and choose among them , not like coinbase that has only one offer. you just need to trade with people with positive feedback in localbitcoins.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
dimbond

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:15:32 PM

Also for a long time this topic interests, re-read your comments, nothing new has really seen anything. I also have problems with the withdrawal of coins in fiat money.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: