Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:35:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay considering to accept bitcoin as payment method  (Read 210 times)
MiiDoViic (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 119

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:10:46 PM

Without a doubt we all are waiting for major retailers to start accepting bitcoin as a payment method. Bitcoin is already sitting at 17k and it's hard for the big online companies to not consider it. a large portion of people are already paying middle men with bitcoin just so they could buy them products from websites like (amazon,ebay,asos....) with USD . Well today there was an article on yahoo where they interviewed this week Scott Cutler, senior vice president of eBay Americas and he told them that  the online retailer is “seriously considering” accepting bitcoin, but “we’re not quite there yet.”
You can fnd the full article here : https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ebay-seriously-considering-accepting-bitcoin-164410989.html
What do you think about ebay accepting bitcoin ? and how is it going to effect the price.
crypto_Butterfly

Activity: 186
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:11:38 PM

They have to adopt a global payment system, I dont think paypal is a global payment method, so accepting bitcoin will be good for all of us.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:57:02 PM

I doubt they're getting far with this.  Every couple of weeks or so we get news about a retailer that's supposedly thinking about it - it doesn't mean that they're actually going to do it.

If they do, it'll shove fees up even higher and hardly anyone will want to spend on eBay with it.  BTC's transaction capacity is still too low to be used frequently at these major merchants.

Hopefully someday they'll actually do it, but if it happens it'll be years from now.
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:59:13 PM

one day they will accept bitcoin as payment method but i think they buy bitcoin secretly
its my opinion

MiiDoViic (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 119

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:06:27 PM

I doubt they're getting far with this.  Every couple of weeks or so we get news about a retailer that's supposedly thinking about it - it doesn't mean that they're actually going to do it.

If they do, it'll shove fees up even higher and hardly anyone will want to spend on eBay with it.  BTC's transaction capacity is still too low to be used frequently at these major merchants.

Hopefully someday they'll actually do it, but if it happens it'll be years from now.
All it takes is launching the Lightning Network and we will be fine. But when is that going to happen ,no one knows. We need a scale able solution so the network could handle the kind of transaction that are going to appear once a big retailer starts to accept bitcoin and as soon as possible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: