Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:49:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitfines a joke?  (Read 759 times)
satrapus (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:54:29 PM

So I've been trying to generate an eth deposit address for over an hour  Shocked
The Bitfinex web page either hangs or gives me an error:
"The Ethereum watchonly daemon is restarting, please come back in a few minutes."
I tried generating deposit addresses for other coins to no avail.
At some stage I even got a "Deposit address creation disabled" message.
Is this below par performance usual for Bitfinex?
Thanks
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Colorblind

Activity: 392
Merit: 41

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:06:30 AM

So I've been trying to generate an eth deposit address for over an hour  Shocked
"The Ethereum watchonly daemon is restarting, please come back in a few minutes."
Thanks

bitfinex getting hammered by both DDoS attacks and customer spam for last few days. Seems like their system isn't good enough to handle that much of an attention, so they shutting down some of the micro-services (like depositing) to make sure important parts (matchmaking/accounting) will survive the hassle. Even though they claimed they use engine capable of digesting 1 000 000+ requests per second, evidently it is not. 
satrapus (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:19:07 AM

Thanks

bitfinex getting hammered by both DDoS attacks and customer spam for last few days. Seems like their system isn't good enough to handle that much of an attention, so they shutting down some of the micro-services (like depositing) to make sure important parts (matchmaking/accounting) will survive the hassle. Even though they claimed they use engine capable of digesting 1 000 000+ requests per second, evidently it is not. 

What is an alternative exchange that's safe where I can day trade eth and preferably hold usd.
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:55:24 AM

Thanks
It is obviously their fault but these things do happen. I think it is back online now since i just executed an eos deposit without any issues and now it's got the full amount of confirmations needed. Their ETH is probably now up to date.

So no, they're not a joke but they did promise you something that did not happen(come back in a few minutes).

As for alternatives, not really sure which ones you are looking for but gdax, kraken, etc. all have ETH and fiat support. It just is up to you which one you prefer to trade on and which one you are most comfortable with holding your funds with.
satrapus (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:59:00 AM

Deposit address generation suspended for 24 hours due to abuse.
AngelOnCrypto

Activity: 66
Merit: 14

ICO Bounty Hunting Guides and Tips

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 03:24:21 PM

Bitfinex has a very bad reputation lately. Be careful with it.

MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:45:50 PM

A lot of websites are being under DDoS attack at the moment, just like this forum, as an example, it is impossible to post or just to search on the forum because it is incredible slow.

bitfinex getting hammered by both DDoS attacks and customer spam for last few days.

It is fine, bittrex should be doing the same right now, but no. They are getting thousands or even dozens of thousands of tickets per day, and they are not even replying a single one a day, at least, bitfinex is a little bit honest (not honest at all, but just a little)

Seems like their system isn't good enough to handle that much of an attention, so they shutting down some of the micro-services (like depositing) to make sure important parts (matchmaking/accounting) will survive the hassle.

Do you really think that there are exchanges that are caplable of having more than one million of requests per second? it is impossible, not even the NASA has the ability to do it.

Even though they claimed they use engine capable of digesting 1 000 000+ requests per second, evidently it is not.

Hello
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:27:50 PM

That's normal for every trading platforms to experience that situation. Bitfinex is a huge cryptocurrency exchange. As the other was saying. Bittrex just attacked by DDOS. But it shouldn't take too long to mitigate. I mean, this is where is money is flowing and generating. You might loss your money for that. Anyway, that's better than selectively scamming clients. If you know Bittrex. They've disabled a lot of acoounts. Others were complainng because they have not recovered their funds yet. You don't want that to happen to you. Anyway, Bitfinex was hacked before. They lose huge amount. So be careful too.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:03:22 PM

What is an alternative exchange that's safe where I can day trade eth and preferably hold usd.

GDAX is one of the better exchanges in the industry. It's bought by Coinbase a good while ago, and has them standing behind it. I must however point out that they have a very strict verification process that they are very tight with all the way through. If you have no problems with that, then definitely sign up there. You could also choose for Coinbase itself, but they in comparison with GDAX charge far higher fees, which might be a negative aspect if you're a high volume trader. At second place there is also Bitstamp, where you again will face a strict verification process, but that nowadays with all the regulations is something more exchanges are subject to.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:38:32 PM

Thanks
On that case it do sometimes happen when that new address request is being abused or just a total error on the system which is normal and cant really be avoided on exchange sites.Bitfinex isn't a joke exchange site but recently their site do already have lots of complaints not only into errors but also into their service either on withdrawals,deposits,block of  accounts, verification matters and etc. which would result up to make hesitations on using this site. If they wont really resolve this stuff for sure it would gradually decrease their users.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██