Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:28:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP I'm a Bitcoin Dummy!  (Read 110 times)
Lump (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:40:17 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 11:49:47 PM by Lump

I am new to Bitcoin, but recently invested in a small amount to explore how it works. I've ran over the basics, and will be doing my own research, but it's always valuable to ask a community for more down-to-earth explanations of things, so here I am.

If you have credible and verifiable information, I would be delighted if you could contribute to this learning process, for myself and other people able to view this thread. If you choose to respond, please cite the specific question you are answering with a designation. (example: "Q1" For multiples, please include the designation before each separate response.)

Thank you, in advance, to anyone that participates.

Please answer the questions, while assuming the following:

I have a Bitcoin Wallet
I have NOT lost any information and have full access to all aspects of said Wallet.
I have Bitcoin in my Wallet, account, etc.

Q1: Can I secure my Bitcoin on paper?

Is there a way that I can write down certain information ON PAPER and store that information in a safe, file cabinet, safety deposit box, etc? If so, can I then SAFELY delete the digital Wallet on my device without losing access to the account and Bitcoins?

Q2: What information about a Wallet IS and ISN'T safe to share with other people?

Q3: What are the different ways a person can convert Bitcoin to U.S. Dollars (USD), and how does it work?

Q4: Is it taxed (either as Bitcoin or once converted to USD), and if so, how is it taxed (form type?), what is it taxed as (income, interest, etc.)?

BONUS QUESTION:

Q5: How do I sell or give Bitcoin to another person?

Let's say it's Christmas, a birthday, special occasion or whatever and I want to gift Bitcoin to someone. How do I do that? Or, on a regular day, how do I sell Bitcoin to a regular person, in real regular life?

Thanks again, in advance, to anyone that can contribute. I hope this helps me, and anyone else interested.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: