Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:08:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Triple digits by 2018?  (Read 792 times)
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:16:10 AM

Do you think we could see sub $1k prices at some point next year? I mean, is that even a possibility?

Thanks

It's just an intermittent cycle that scares a lot of people. Some whales decide to pull out their money, so they do and the prices drop. More whales follow. Then, the initial whales who pulled out decide to buy at this newer low price and start making the price go back up while all of the other whales follow. The price continues to rise because people are buying after the drop. This will continue for a while; don't doubt it. However, there are more players in this game getting involved now, meaning that there are more whales which can end up being beneficial for the average user here on out.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:07:58 AM

No, no way. There's no reason for it to crash to three digits while there are so many reasons to go higher.

Things are looking exciting for Bitcoin in the future. More conventional financial party will be joining in, starting with CME's futures trading in about a week. That means more institutional fund coming in, most likely driving the price further upwards. Looking at technical side, we also have so many great developments incoming: Lightning Network, Atomic swap, Schnorr signature, and the recently published micropayment channel

We may swing on 6k - 9k range in the upcoming months, but not three digits. It's just impossible.

Unlikely maybe, but impossible? really? last time we had a triple digits price was in March, that's just eight months ago...
And things have changed dramatically since march, we got segwit activated, the lightning network was tested successfully we got the CME creating a futures market, the Japanese recognized bitcoin as a form of money and the Chinese banned icos, we also had lots of forks and I'm probably missing some stuff as well, so the last months of bitcoin have been very eventful.
FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:05:55 AM

Do you think we could see sub $1k prices at some point next year? I mean, is that even a possibility?

Thanks

Zero chance of that happening bar some catastrophic black swan event.

I doubt we'll ever see Bitcoin under 5k again, those days have passed.

A new floor will probably be established over 10k in the near future.

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:22:55 AM

Thanks

Possibility are endless but that is impossible, we have already reach an all time high for bitcoin this indicate that there will be a new cap if bitcoin drop in its price.
When been coin price drops there will always be a margin of around 10-30 percent decrease in price market then increase again with the same margin.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:06:28 AM

Thanks

There is absolutely no reason to think that bitcoin will crash at all, let alone crash to 3 digits in 2018.

Let's just take the worst case scenario - the rally stops, people panic dump, the bubble pops. even in that scenario i think it is very hard to imagine the price of each bitcoin going down to anything less than $4000 per coin which is retracing back to around September pricing.

To regress all the way back to 2015 levels would be crazy, and if it does happen, i'm sure it's a great time to buy honestly. In fact, people can't wait to buy at these price levels right now that i'm sure if the panic dump does take it that low, it'll recover pretty quick.
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:50:06 AM

Thanks

Nope. Not a chance. If bitcoin crashes it will NOT go down to 3 digits, maximum 4 digits.

I think that the pump is still not over yet at this point and we'll see a lot more increases in price right now. It'll be rare to see days where bitcoin is going down a lot right now, and for bitcoin to crash down to 4 digits is a 50% or more deduction in price and that's not going to happen overnight.

Even if all of 2018 is bearish and all, i don't think 3 digits is possible still. It's just way too big of a fall.
owengtam09

Activity: 1330
Merit: 248

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:10:30 AM

Thanks
No way, I don't think so, we already have $15k or higher by next year. 3 digits is now far from it. I think the safe price for bitcoin is $8k. What will be the reason that bitcoin can possibly go down into 3 digits? Well, I cannot see any reason from it. Big investors are coming so I guess it will not go down next year for 3 digits.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:42:08 AM

Thanks

Yes I feel this is quite likely the price at the end of 2018,then we'll post here 2lakh is coming and I am sure it'll come, with the future's on our side and etf is also coming it's highly likely we shall see this happening, there are tons of people who are into Bitcoin now and we shall see a monstrous rally very soon, things have just began for Bitcoin and I feel any amount is reachable. Plus with major corprates money coming here it shall be good for us.
Drixy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

reading.......

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:33:17 AM

Whenever bitcoin price falls a little, some people starts to talk about crash, die and similar things. Those are who were talking about 100000 dollar and moon yesterday. All these fluctuations in price are normal. Now the price is being corrected and soon it will rise again.
The correction phase is done it surely to settle on a large scale of value. As of now it settled for a price of $16000. Been waiting for a correction to secure my funds so far it has pumped my earnings for a bit cause i recently sold my btc and planning for an investment to succeed.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:40:34 PM

Thanks

There is absolutely no reason to think that bitcoin will crash at all, let alone crash to 3 digits in 2018.

Let's just take the worst case scenario - the rally stops, people panic dump, the bubble pops. even in that scenario i think it is very hard to imagine the price of each bitcoin going down to anything less than $4000 per coin which is retracing back to around September pricing.

To regress all the way back to 2015 levels would be crazy, and if it does happen, i'm sure it's a great time to buy honestly. In fact, people can't wait to buy at these price levels right now that i'm sure if the panic dump does take it that low, it'll recover pretty quick.
I also want to be the one to grab this opportunity to buy bitcoin in a cheap price. There is a huge difference between the thinking of an ordinary bitcoin holder and a trader, for almost every trader bitcoin low price is an opportunity to buy bitcoin and for a holder it may be a panic time. Unfortunately this time will never come again to see bitcoin price in three digits, the supporters group has expanded a lot more than 2015. Everyday hundred and thousands new supporters arise to buy bitcoin to be part of the success story of life with bitcoin, who will never miss any opportunity to it in reduced price.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: