Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:44:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to launch your own crypto (AltCoin) with no money?  (Read 377 times)
withanias (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:19:57 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2018, 04:33:09 AM by withanias

Do you have a great idea and ambition to launch your own cryptocurrency (AltCoin) by yourself or with your team members, but no money to risk? Do you dream of launching the next Electroneum, RaiBlocks or BitCoin Sharp? (BTCS... I totally made the last one up  Cool)

• You should live in a country where it is legal to issue cryptocurrency. (USA is ruled out. I live here. If It were legal, I would be launching it myself)
  • You should be interested in launching actual cryptocurrency (AltCoin), not ICO token.
  • You should have some creative twist. For example, may be your cryptocurrency is to benefit all the dog walkers, or, all the citizens of your country... or start your own virtual micronation (which will become real once we can actually travel to Mars and settle there)... or all citizens of your city etc.

You pay me in your new cryptocurrency for my services, no money needed Grin I can even set up a server and host a website etc if you don't have money for that. Yes I can code. I can take care of all technical aspects but not marketing, not promotion, not legal/compliance expertise. I can help a little with marketing and promotion but I cannot help you decide any legal matters.

If your venture fails, I won't demand any money (or any other compensation) from you for my coding, website, server setup etc. I am not afraid of failing and risking a small amount of my money (for website, server setup)

Just because I can code, it does not mean that I am willing to code for six months. The key to success is to quickly launch something and promote it fast, rather spending months coding something mildly innovative. We can start with existing code base of many successful projects in 99% of the cases. There is no need to re-invent the wheel. Please message me directly with your ideas for launching your own AltCoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
withanias (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:48:36 AM

Honestly, not much unless you are making something revolutionary and complicated! A mid level programmer or someone right out of school with a good grade can do it  Grin

But programming experience definitely helps. I have experience in programming, computer security and systems administration.

If you have some idea, message me directly. I am firm believer that one should try many ventures. Even if one of them succeeds, we're good to go  Cool

superving

Activity: 938
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:27:24 AM

You must have a lot of programming skills in you to do all this things.  Cant give us an example on how to launch on own crypto without investors or money involve?

withanias (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:49:30 AM

I have a lot of experience. True. When you raise funds for your project or business, that is ICO (Initial Coin Offering). My Advt is specifically for launching cryptocurrency (AltCoins), not ICO tokens  Smiley

Granted, some ICO tokens (IOTA is a prime example) are very succesful and trade just like AltCoins. But they are an exception, not the rule.

Raising money for your business or project via ICO does need investors, a team, whitepaper, roadmap etc etc. If you have all of that, you wouldn't hire a little guy like me for coding  Grin

ICO tokens usually bank on another blockchain, whereas Alts have their own blockchain. I will give you some examples below for both good and bad ideas for a new AltCoin. But remember, it only takes a small twist to launch a new AltCoin. Idea does not have to be so complicated that people cannot understand.

1. A new AltCoin called JOESHMOE (JOE) is the new digital currency of the future. Only 90% pre-mined
A. Good idea
B. Bad idea
C. Good everywhere except USA
D. Depends on weather

Answer: B

2. I want to launch a new AltCoin just like BitCoin, uses same proven technology but cheaper to buy than BitCoin
A. Good idea
B. Bad idea
C. Good but only if BTC/USD is below $20,000
D. Bad unless there is successful bounty campaign

Answer: B

3. I want to launch a new AltCoin called BrexitCoin and airdrop to all former UK trading partners. I will give 1% to the local strippers who will endorse it
A. Good idea
B. Bad idea
C. Bad because it violates UK indecency laws
D. Good for strippers only

Answer: A

4. I want to launch two Altcoins, one based on CryptoNote and another using DAG (Directed Acyclic Graph) instead of blockchain. Also, FREE airdrop if it snows like crazy
A. Good idea
B. Bad idea because weather got nothing to do with it
C. Complicated to launch two coins at the same time
D. Difficult to know unless Crude Oil prices fall

5. I want to launch an AltCoin like LiteCoin. But I hate men. I will only allow women to download my wallet.
A. Good idea if promoted properly
B. Bad idea because it promotes gender discrimination
C. Bad idea because LiteCoin is already very expensive
D. Good idea but only if we combine it with Deep Neural Networks together with support vector machines to predict user behavior in our wallet.

You must have a lot of programming skills in you to do all this things.  Cant give us an example on how to launch on own crypto without investors or money involve?
jezus

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:20:33 AM

Me to dont have money .

█████████████████████████████████████████
██                                     ██
██ █████████████▄ ▀███████████████████ ██
██ ██          ▀██▄ ▀██▄            ██ ██
██ ██            ▀██▄ ▀██▄          ██ ██
██ ██              ▀██▄ ▀██▄        ██ ██
██ ██                ▀██▄ ▀██▄  ▄▄████ ██
██ ██                  ▀██▄ ▀████▀▀    ██
██ ██                    ▀██▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ██
██ ██▄                     ▀██  ██  ██ ██
██ █████▄                 ▄▄██  ██  ██ ██
██     ▀███▄        ▄▄██████▀ ▄▄ ▀████ ██
██ ████▄ ▀▀██ ▄▄██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄████▄▄    ██
██ ██  ██  ▀███▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀████ ██
██ ██  ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄           ██ ██
██ ████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄          ██ ██
██   ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█ ██   ██ █▄         ██ ██
██ ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ███████ █████████████ ██
██                                     ██
█████████████████████████████████████████
LASER ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT BORDERS

A BLOCKCHAIN-AGNOSTIC SERVICE LAYER
FOR IMPROVED SPEED, ANONYMITY, AND INTEROPERABILITY
[]
withanias (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:23:58 AM

I hope you didn't post on this thread just to promote your signature  Grin
Do you have any ideas on new crypto, if you want to launch one?

Me to dont have money .
saint_casanova

Activity: 234
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:03:12 AM

I think I do dream about setting up some altcoin but mostly for fun or research cause you can't take it seriously if you are solo it.
withanias (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:17:13 AM

You are already more ambitious than those without those dreams!
You won't be solo. If I like your idea, there will be at least 3 people behind the idea: you, me, campaign mgr (which you will hire easily on this Forum)  Cool

I am sure you can even hire advisors and promoters on this Forum in exchange for some bounty.

I think I do dream about setting up some altcoin but mostly for fun or research cause you can't take it seriously if you are solo it.
JWKY

Activity: 602
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:32:22 AM

what criteria needed for a person to launch such coin?
time? experience of crypto? team?

I think I have very minimal above criteria =.=

●⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬ Bitcoin RM(First smart fork of Bitcoin,100% Proof-of-Work) ▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫●
▬ ● ▬   Bitcoin RM is NOW LIVE, Pool mining, ECI apply now HERE   ▬ ● ▬
●⚫ ▬▬▬ Website | ANN | Discord | GitHub | Reddit | Youtube | Medium | Facebook | Twitter | Pool ▬▬▬ ⚫●
withanias (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:49:06 AM

First, it should be legal to launch it in the person's jurisdiction.
Second, technical work (coding, website, node server etc) to launch the idea into a new coin
Third, promote it.

And finally, get it listed on exchanges Smiley

I will help you with my time and experience. Don't worry about team. If I like your idea, there will be at least 3 people in the team backing the idea: you, me, campaign manager (you can easily hire one on this Forum).

Please message me privately: what country you are from and, what your idea is.

what criteria needed for a person to launch such coin?
time? experience of crypto? team?

I think I have very minimal above criteria =.=
crypto-dev

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:28:06 AM

What about ICO projects in countries where cryptocurriences are not legal?
withanias (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:30:49 PM

Good question!

It is my personal opinion that such ICO projects are too risky to consider because they will be bordering on the illegal once the ICO tokens start trading. But you have to check with a lawyer.

Any cryptocurrency (AltCoin) or ICO token can be treated as

1. a utility token (if it is an API key that provides access to your online services)

2. a virtual currency (if it is used as a store of value or used in sending/receiving anything of value or if it is traded on an exchange)

3. a security (if it is used in raising capital i.e. crowdfunding a not-yet-existing project, product or a service),

4. a note (i.e. a debt instrument if it is used with any promise of repayment), or,

5. a commodity (if it shares characteristics of a physical commodity such as a precious metal).

It is easy to rule out item 4 above, if you make no promise of repaying. But other classifications are not so easy to rule out. That means, in a country where one classification is illegal, that country's regulators can try to apply the illegal classification to prosecute you for breaking the laws.

My personal opinion is to stay away from both ICO and cryptocurrencies, if one of them is not legal in your country. Yes, you can get proper legal opinion or even hire a lawyer. But that costs money. With that money, you can buy yourself some food, grains, clothing etc.

What about ICO projects in countries where cryptocurriences are not legal?
Batmain

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:30:54 AM

just out of curiosity, how much programming knowledge do you need to launch a coin?

Different languages and web programming I think? Extensive knowledge in cryptography, front end and high end and security? We are dealing with money so we must have optimum protection and very great coding skills to ensure every transactions and the assets of every member of the platform that you are going to make.

Do you have a great idea and ambition to launch your own cryptocurrency (AltCoin) by yourself or with your team members, but no money to risk? Do you dream of launching the next Electroneum, RaiBlocks or BitCoin Sharp? (BTCS... I totally made the last one up  Cool)

• You should live in a country where it is legal to issue cryptocurrency. (USA is ruled out. I live here. If It were legal, I would be launching it myself)
  • You should be interested in launching actual cryptocurrency (AltCoin), not ICO token.
  • You should have some creative twist. For example, may be your cryptocurrency is to benefit all the dog walkers, or, all the citizens of your country... or start your own virtual micronation (which will become real once we can actually travel to Mars and settle there)... or all citizens of your city etc.

You pay me in your new cryptocurrency for my services, no money needed Grin I can even set up a server and host a website etc if you don't have money for that. Yes I can code. I can take care of all technical aspects but not marketing, not promotion, not legal/compliance expertise. I can help a little with marketing and promotion but I cannot help you decide any legal matters.

If your venture fails, I won't demand any money (or any other compensation) from you for my coding, website, server setup etc. I am not afraid of failing and risking a small amount of my money (for website, server setup)

Just because I can code, it does not mean that I am willing to code for six months. The key to success is to quickly launch something and promote it fast, rather spending months coding something mildly innovative. We can start with existing code base of many successful projects in 99% of the cases. There is no need to re-invent the wheel. Please message me directly with your ideas for launching your own AltCoins.

NOTE: I have a limit of 2 messages per day. You can email me at vxr480@gmail.com

Most of the best coins and platforms that have existed takes not hours or days but years. It is better to have you own idea, get some experience on the existing platforms but have a unique one. The blockchain is still developing so you must code it yourself. You can do it man.

vincentbeth934

Activity: 77

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:03:55 AM

You still need money to create your own cryptocurrency. Unless you know how to create all of the programming needed for the project.
yeezred

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:58:29 AM

Grin thanks for the laugh

Most shit that's just a FinTech startup is now saying they have a blockchain just for the extra millions in seed money
pageraji

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:38:50 PM

it was a nice idea that i read information from you, i think you are an expert on this, dont you try to launch ICO alone?
Psi
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

[center][table][tr][td][url=https://trustdice.win/

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:04:06 PM

I think it could be done and sent you a pm as I have a few idea's that might work out even with no or little money invested. 
 Would be looking for help with creation of a website, server, nodes,  etc  ... 
 Thanks

FreeJack2k

Activity: 205

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:59:21 AM

I would like to create their own coins. But it is necessary to understand and need a lot of money to run the project.
JanEmil

Activity: 2296
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 02:20:32 PM

I am ready. To learn, have fun and earn a little.

Denmark, Europe.

I have some ETH.

Above 40 years old. IT manager.

Idea:
Gambling coin.

People send ERC20 coins to smart contract. Value is taken from CMC. You get 1 lottery ticket for every 0.1$.
Every week one winner take 50% of all coins send.
The rest 40% is send to 1 Gambling coin holder.
10% is send to Founder team to run the project.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: