Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:03:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are there not more exchanges pairing altcoins with USD (USDT/Tether)?  (Read 122 times)
Snappeer (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:04:52 AM

Hello,

I see that almost all exchange markets use Bitcoin as their base currency to be paired with altcoins. However with the recent increase in bitcoins, many smaller altcoins keep falling in value even though their USD value is the same, mainly because of the rise of bitcoin. This is a bit frustrating to trade with.

From about 20 exchange markets that I looked at, only 2 stood out.
Bittrex has over 200 altcoins which can be exchanged for bitcoin, but only 12 coins (the big ones), can be exchanged for USDT.
HitBTC does pair their altcoins with USDT, unfortunately they only support  round 60 altcoins.

Is there no demand for altcoins/USDT or how come that almost no other exchange market support to trade in return for USDT? The entire idea of USDT was to create a stable cryptocurrency that is equal to the US dollar.

In the end of the day, I have to pay my food and rent in my local currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
saint_casanova

Activity: 234
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:21:26 AM

Hello,

I see that almost all exchange markets use Bitcoin as their base currency to be paired with altcoins. However with the recent increase in bitcoins, many smaller altcoins keep falling in value even though their USD value is the same, mainly because of the rise of bitcoin. This is a bit frustrating to trade with.

From about 20 exchange markets that I looked at, only 2 stood out.
Bittrex has over 200 altcoins which can be exchanged for bitcoin, but only 12 coins (the big ones), can be exchanged for USDT.
HitBTC does pair their altcoins with USDT, unfortunately they only support  round 60 altcoins.

Is there no demand for altcoins/USDT or how come that almost no other exchange market support to trade in return for USDT? The entire idea of USDT was to create a stable cryptocurrency that is equal to the US dollar.

In the end of the day, I have to pay my food and rent in my local currency.
I think maybe because if USDT becomes the main currency to trade in instead BTC then the main reason for USDT to use for BTC will fail.
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:18:18 AM

This is an interesting question to be addressed not only USD but also many other various fiat. I think many people who do not receive or work with the dollar have to pay high rates to exchange their money in USD and BTC comes to supply this because most exchange the fiat of their country directly by BTC this avoids rates, fraudulent and many losses.

We have an exchange project here in the forum that will set up an exchange where you will receive several fiats (Arousal), I believe this will make life much easier for those who work with fiduciary coins.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Mister.Satan

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:14:54 AM

We depend on USDT too much, if one-day people realize 1:1 USDT USD then there will some serious thing going on.
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:30:30 AM

USDT is centralized stablecoin without any kind of proper audit. So the founders of USDT are able to literally make money if they want to. And if it is real situation the whole crypto market is in danger.

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: