Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:14:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should MultiPool Mine Extremely low diff/hashrate Coins?
Yes
No

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should MultiPool Mine Extremely low diff/hashrate Coins? LKY, ARG, PXC?  (Read 2961 times)
ahmed_bodi (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:57:24 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 03:12:06 AM by ahmed_bodi

Should MultiPool Mine Extremely low diff/hashrate Coins? good for the community?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thef

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:58:43 AM

Yes, why wouldn't they try to maximize their mining revenue?
ahmed_bodi (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:00:57 AM

Mod's Could You Sticky This?

Reply to the above: because their killing a coin which people are working hard at keeping alive. Its easy let the community decide.

thef

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:03:27 AM

Reply to the above: because their killing a coin which people are working hard at keeping alive. Its easy let the community decide.

Why would anyone care if another crapcoin died besides the people holding useless coins?
ahmed_bodi (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:05:32 AM

every coin is a crapcoin including Bitcoin and LItecoin. Every coin is a commodity not a currency. Coin's only get far after people put work into it, and its always those same people who are holding the "crapcoins". Bitcoin itself was a crapcoin. but the people holding managed to make it succeed

nearmiss

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:06:05 AM

tbh, my posts were never specifically about ARG.  Its just an example of the overall situation.  (I hold very little ARG personally)

With 400Mh/s worth of miners on multipool, and a forum full of people sick of so many alts (obviously most of which see little value in ARG, given its usual daily hashrates), how do you expect this vote to go?

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
ahmed_bodi (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:07:49 AM

i hold 0 ARG i hold more ltc and btc. but my opinion is based on the fact that its killing the coin, MultiPool is okay on coin's which its not going to kill. But ARG it is on the verge of killing which makes everyone except the people on Multipool loose out

Kevlar

Activity: 602
Merit: 254

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:09:22 AM

Doesn't this problem solve itself? If the coin loses value because it's utility has dropped due to difficulty traps, won't people stop mining it and the problem will be solved?

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
everybodyclapyohands

Activity: 132

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 02:13:30 AM

If you all think it's crap then stop mining it, don't put it on the multiport, and when the Bank and Exchange come out for ARG and DGC you will all see just how much better off you'd have been if you pointed all that hashpower at the coin 24/7.  In the meantime, don't fuck us over just because you can't see the true value of the coin.

Secure Online Wallet - https://mywl.lt - Vote for your favorite coin
IRC Wallets #digitalcoin on irc.freenode.net
DGC Faucet Free digitalcoin Open source faucet written in NodeJS
ahmed_bodi (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:15:11 AM

If you all think it's crap then stop mining it, don't put it on the multiport, and when the Bank and Exchange come out for ARG and DGC you will all see just how much better off you'd have been if you pointed all that hashpower at the coin 24/7.  In the meantime, don't fuck us over just because you can't see the true value of the coin.

+1

thef

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:15:32 AM

i hold 0 ARG i hold more ltc and btc. but my opinion is based on the fact that its killing the coin, MultiPool is okay on coin's which its not going to kill. But ARG it is on the verge of killing which makes everyone except the people on Multipool loose out

So you want the Multipool miners to mine less profitable coins and reduce their earnings? Why would they willingly do this? If the supporters of ARG really cared about the coin and believed in it, they would put their money where their mouth is and pay Multipool the amount of BTC they would miss out on to not mine ARG. If they don't want to do this, they could always buy ARG on the exchanges to increase the price so that more miners will switch to ARG and the effect of Multipool would be decreased. However, not enough people actually believe in ARG so there aren't enough people willing to pay the costs of securing a blockchain. People have already decided to abandon ARG.
ahmed_bodi (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:17:25 AM

exactly reason enough for multipool to leave ARG aswell. us smalltime miners of ARG are happy enough like that, aslong as theres a select few mining ARG it wont die, coins like tenebrix, hypercoin and other "dying" coins are proof of that

r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:41:04 AM

So you want the Multipool miners to mine less profitable coins and reduce their earnings? Why would they willingly do this? If the supporters of ARG really cared about the coin and believed in it, they would put their money where their mouth is and pay Multipool the amount of BTC they would miss out on to not mine ARG. If they don't want to do this, they could always buy ARG on the exchanges to increase the price so that more miners will switch to ARG and the effect of Multipool would be decreased. However, not enough people actually believe in ARG so there aren't enough people willing to pay the costs of securing a blockchain. People have already decided to abandon ARG.

+1, it's a garbage coin, let it die.

Spoken like a bagholder of some other coin. How about we let your coins you support die? At least the ARG dev is actually in the process of developing some decent services some of which are unique and give the coin a real chance at helping it succeed. Thats better than alot of other coins which have virtually no services and exist only for pumping and dumping. Coins like that are not going to last and are just polluting the market.

I hope ARG is ok and support it going forward along with dgc. I'm even happy seeing other decent coins with solid development thrive too, it all helps the crypto community to become more widespread and a chance to be adopted by more mainstream folk.

Hopefully someone will come up with a way very soon to bring some of these coin raping pools like multipools.in into line. Sooner rather than later.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
ahmed_bodi (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:45:29 AM

agreed r32! much appreciated, thats how the whole community should be thinking but it seems money speaks around here rather than innovation

Torn

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

Free Dog to good home

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:52:37 AM

Just a second please.. "you" make a coin that you wish to be mined right? (otherwise it's pointless) but you do not want Multipool and "our" massive 400mh/s miners ability to mine it? (realizing of course that the 400mh/s is really hundreds of individuals).
Then why make the coin? Is it a private-party thing where only the special few are made aware?

Dude, go fuck yourself! The coin will die without Multipool most likely stirring up interest in it. You should be happy as shit that anyone would trade your new alt-alt coin.

Thanks for poll!
Be well.
T.

Will not trade sex for coins regardless of rumors! You may still attempt if you want.
ahmed_bodi (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 02:56:56 AM

actually yes i would be happy without multipool. so would others. All it does is cause more problems by diff jumping, If flound only allowed direct mining on ARG and no diff jumping there would be no problem because theres no diff jumping.

skyhigh2004

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:09:27 AM

Seriously?  Its like natural selection only the strong can survive.  If ARG and other altcoins for that matter have enough benefit and bring enough new ideas into the mix they will draw enough hash power on the regular to sustain themselves long enough to mature into something possibly usable in the future.  If said new coin doesn't bring anything new to the table and can't draw enough hash power on the regular to help work to secure and mature the block chain I say let it work itself out naturally.

Also this does play into itself as said earlier.  If multipool and things like cryptoswitcher start to hurt profitability of said coin then the said programs will stop mining them.  The problem will fix itself.  If a certain coin can't weather the storm maybe its not meant for prime time.

BTC:157BZV5z5dEdEoE5KSr5D7CQGXamLpsZ7n  LTC:LYCf5PnQpXCCmpR4ka3mR8DFDe5hKhTdfc
MEC:MAgTT8QdhVCkgHTkUoKvs4w1TQvv3NU99v  DGC:D8Ubh9oYTpSe1HEBptY8wf6ZrPpj7bhkV5
FTC:6hb1VsGzkej4kSsssGA4FMnkCoVp7PLi8D  PXC:PqQwQKJoYxGSVrKtVfDa5aaJVL9Yevhb2b
ahmed_bodi (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:11:47 AM

the point of the matter is it was doing well enough as it was without multipool, had miners and a diff at an acceptable level. but the 10 mins that multipool visits ALL alts kills the diff

EDIT: id be perfectly happy with multipool consistently mining ANY alt with a low diff which is trying to build its community like LKY and ARG. but diff hopping is ruining those chances

thef

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:15:30 AM

the point of the matter is it was doing well enough as it was without multipool, had miners and a diff at an acceptable level. but the 10 mins that multipool visits ALL alts kills the diff

Then the coin shouldn't have been designed with a difficulty adjustment algorithm that allows this to happen.
skyhigh2004

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 03:23:29 AM

You do you all coins started at a low difficulty right?  Its supposed to go up.  LTC suffered from this a few months back but since it drew in miners it weathered the storm.  This is natural growth of this economy we have here.  Ways to make things the most profitable.  Its not anything new.  I for one love multipool, saves me the time of finding several prop pools and setting them all up.  

If anything things like coin choose and coinwarz are to blame for people difficulty jumping way more than the first pool that switches coins for you.  That is what is actually killing alts not multipool or anything else.  If you tell every miner where they can make the most money at any given time they will usually take that path.  Its not our fault a certain coin isn't always profitable.

BTC:157BZV5z5dEdEoE5KSr5D7CQGXamLpsZ7n  LTC:LYCf5PnQpXCCmpR4ka3mR8DFDe5hKhTdfc
MEC:MAgTT8QdhVCkgHTkUoKvs4w1TQvv3NU99v  DGC:D8Ubh9oYTpSe1HEBptY8wf6ZrPpj7bhkV5
FTC:6hb1VsGzkej4kSsssGA4FMnkCoVp7PLi8D  PXC:PqQwQKJoYxGSVrKtVfDa5aaJVL9Yevhb2b
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: