Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:30:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Money pak to paypal problems.  (Read 4607 times)
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 04:52:44 AM

I dont know if anyone else has gotten this, but the guy at paypal said it was happening to a lot of people. I didnt notice it at first, but I got 2 codes yesterday and I noticed that there were fees attached to both of the payments. So I called PP and they said no problem it is an error in our system and reversed the fees.. No big deal. Then I got to looking back over the last week and there were several more all with fees!! So I called them back up and dude says there is an on going problem with PP's system charging fees when you load money pak. He agreed to refund the fees on all the transactions, but told me that they wouldn't do it in the future because i was taking to many of them.  So for now I am no longer taking Money pak. They said I could use it for personal use but no more than 4 or 5 times a month and that I shouldn't use it at all until the get the fee issue resolved. 

-E-

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:39:22 AM

If you are going to use Moneypaks you should use them on a debit card like Greendot, or WalmartMoneyCard. This way you don't have to worry about extra sneaky paypal fees or your account getting limited.
macromode

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:30:19 PM

I funded my paypal using moneypak codes I got from trades yesterday for the first time. I topped up with three moneypak codes and then saw those weird fees tacked on and then I couldn't find anything about why paypal would charge those fees. Since that was my first time funding paypal with moneypak, I thought there was some fee that escaped my notice but I'm glad to see this was an error and that I have some company. Today I checked my paypal account and discovered that each fee was reversed. Now I'm wary of using paypal to redeem moneypak. Anybody try something like AmEx Serve to redeem moneypak codes?
macromode

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:35:59 PM

Just got an email from PayPal letting me know they are aware of this issue we've been experiencing:

Dear XXX,

We wanted to let you know about an issue on a recent Green Dot MoneyPak add money transaction in your PayPal account. For Green Dot MoneyPak add money transactions made by you since July 9, 2013, we incorrectly charged you a fee for this transaction.

To help resolve this matter, we will be reversing the fees that were incorrectly charged to your PayPal account within the next three business days. At this time, we are investigating the cause of this issue and hope to have a resolution soon. We will continue to monitor all accounts to ensure that any additional fees that are incorrectly charged are also reversed as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We will contact you again as soon as we have resolved this issue.

Sincerely,

PayPal
Hondaguy

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 06:47:24 AM

Glad to hear you got you money back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: