Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:18:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dumbest thing you did in Crypto as a noob  (Read 1820 times)
chrisfatos

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

DIW - Decentralized Security

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:36:03 AM

Yes, not investing in Bitcoin all those years ago was the dumbest thing I've ever had to experience. But the good thing is that Altcoins are become as useful and valuable as Bitcoin is slowly.
Ethereum is doing so well now, and so is Litecoin and Ripple. Great year incoming.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
awawo

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:35:39 PM

The dumbest thing I have done in crypto is investing around 2bitcoin into a ponzi scheme this time last year and all my bitcoin was scam. I felt very bad and foolish enough to have believed all that was told by the scheme as at that time, by now I should have been a millionaire with the help of bitcoin price rise recently.
Emaxxx (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 01:46:30 PM

Sold 14ETH for 80ish pounds thinking I was a genius and there was no way it could go higher. 14ETH atm is £6.8k and climbing.
Lesson learned: The crypto sphere has enormous scope for growth; don't underestimate its potential.

Panicked when Ark first started dropping and sold it all, then bought it all back shortly after when it started rising again. 2k Ark gone for no reason Smiley As of now, that 2k is worth £6.5k.
Lesson learned: Just because a coin is going down doesn't mean it's bad.

Spent the £600 pounds I was going to use to buy Dash on a plane ticket. Wasn't really my fault as this was a family obligation but I could have put my foot down. When I saw it skyrocketting I didn't buy back in because I was salty. As of now, that decision has "cost" me £66,500.
Lesson learned: Don't get salty just because you missed an opportunity to buy in early. This helped me recently. I meant to buy Iota one day but ended up getting delayed, and it went up by 40% overnight. I was feeling bitter, but I still bought in. Since then what I put in has almost tripled.

There was also PivX... It sounded promising to me and I was going to buy a few hundred pounds' worth one night, but I'd read an article earlier saying to not buy coins on impulse when you're tried. I thought it made sense and decided to ignore PivX. Shortly after, the anon-coin frenzy kicked in and PivX exploded. It went up by (IIRC) x100. As of now it's gone up by over 200x. I'm not even going to calculate how much that would be.
Lesson Learned: None. Ouch.
The guilt is terrible bro..and all this in less than 2months

subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:17:24 PM

There's really no point to keep dwelling on something you did in the past which looked like the smart move to do but now looks like a mistake.  There will be many more opportunities to regain those missed financial gains.  Keep researching for the next Bitcoin.  Cryptocurrency is making people fortunes everyday. 
Phil419She

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:25:07 PM

The dumbest thing I did was when I waited for the coin ebtc (from free airdrop) to reach $1 and not sell it so I could earn a fortune because it was my first coin. I watched it drop until I decided to sell it at $0.03 at the order book. Then later on it rose higher, still haunting me till today.

greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:32:18 PM

I used to think way overpaying for my L3+ from a third party seller, but considering that that reached ROI like 3 months ahead of schedule thanks to the recent rise in LTC value, I'd have to go with buying a D3.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:39:44 PM

For me it is mainly panicking when trading and making losses by selling as soon as a coin starts falling. Nowadays I make better assessments and I am more patient if I am confident that a falling coin will rise again.

Psalms23

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:43:52 PM

It was my first time trading and one time I saw a coin rising fast (I think it's in the process of pumping) so I bought big time then suddenly the rising stop and drop slowly, I waited for 2 hours to see if it is still going up but that was it, I lost half my money that time.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:58:22 PM

I think the dumbest thing I've ever did in my crypto life when I was a noob was when I started trading, and I really didn't know what I was doing and thought it's going to be easy like 1,2, 3 and so I clicked a lot of things until I accidentally hit sell and sold all of my coins which could've made me a millionaire now. It haunts me up until now every time I logged in on that exchange site.
Nebell

Merit: 104

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:06:47 PM

I am actually surprised I have not done anything really stupid yet.

The worst thing is probably that I bought Espers when it was at its highest pump. That was my first crypto trade and I bought into hype. It's worth 1/10th of what I paid, fortunately I only spent $100 on it.
The second dumb thing was that I sold Ark at $1.1 and 8 hours later it soared to $2 and a few days later to $4-5. But then again I bought it at $0.65 so I gained almost double profit. It's just that I could've gotten much more from it.

Every other investiment I've done have been increased nicely, Waves (bought at between $2-$4), NEO ($6), SunContract ($0.035), Shift ($1), Nexus ($1.7).

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:17:39 PM

I think investing into HashOcean mining program, it was clear that this people are not real but ignore the warning and looking for free BTC until they one day disappear, I learned my lessons and now no there is no free launch anywhere

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
magle

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 03:19:48 PM

The dumbest thing I did when I started was to buy from coinbase with credit card. Insanely expensive compared to just buying on exchange. But I was noob, so what could i do.
Another rookie mistake was waiting when BTC hit 1000 USD, instead of buying. Because I felt it was too expensive at the time.  Grin
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:22:58 PM

Hi all! I got into cryto this same time last year, I wanna share with you the dumbest thing I did as a noob back then, and it still haunting me.

I created a new ethereum wallet last year I stocked it up with 25eth..am very poor at that time eth was 4$ each I think..that was the most I could afford, I was using an ethereum client node, unfortunately for me I wrote down my wallet address instead of the private key. Now m been haunted by that fact I could have been a millionaire in my country..#dumbestthingyoudidincrypt

I sold my Ethereum at $20 to rebuy it back for ~$50... But man that okey at these Ethereum levels today.. We shouldnt look back, there are so many good chances right now Smiley
brelok777

Activity: 160

Decentralizing Wealth Building Investment Opportu

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:39:32 PM

The most stupid situation with crypto currency is when I collected a few bitcoins in my wallet, and then quite unsuccessfully lost access to this wallet. And now, looking at the price of bitcoin, it's not that elbows, but I want to bite all.

Weider

Activity: 247

Blockchain will change the world.

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:36:33 PM

I sold BTC3.2 four years ago for total profit not even $100. Now it's worth aprox. $55000. Another EPIC FAIL I did was, when my Siacoins reached $2500 I have chance to switch it for BTC1 at that time. I didn't and I am still HODLing SC and believing in project, but I could have so much more...  Cry

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DAOX: Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs / Bounty & Airdrop / ANN THREAD / TELEGRAM
anelenaniku

Activity: 136

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:03:31 PM

Hi all! I got into cryto this same time last year, I wanna share with you the dumbest thing I did as a noob back then, and it still haunting me.

I created a new ethereum wallet last year I stocked it up with 25eth..am very poor at that time eth was 4$ each I think..that was the most I could afford, I was using an ethereum client node, unfortunately for me I wrote down my wallet address instead of the private key. Now m been haunted by that fact I could have been a millionaire in my country..#dumbestthingyoudidincrypt

We all did dump things when we just started, the dumbest thing you can do now is not to evolve, there is always a chance. I would recommend you to invest to a good ICO, I will invest to www.diwtoken.com , this ICO looks very promising and here is your chance to be millionaire
chaosfourever

Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:13:19 PM

Dumbest thing I did was only put $200 into Ardor. I basucally bought NXT then split half into Ardor early costing me money. I wanted to put $1000 but the job was not stable yet. Cost me $140k so far.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Sinistlercoin

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:26:29 PM

Dumest thing I did... nothing.  I literally did nothing when my instincts told me I should have bought BTC. 

I have always had a knack for identifying things that have good potential for profit, and until recently I never did anything.  I have always said I would use $1,000 to invest in something.  I read an article about BTC in 2013, when it was under $100 each.  My gut told me to buy, my logic told me not to.  I didn't.  The result... I don't have $170,000 that I could have had.

Something similar happened a couple of years earlier on a stock that I was interested in.  In a matter of one year my $1,000 would have been worth $10,000.

I started doing some P2P lending about 8 months ago, which is earning 14%.  I started in crypto a little over a month ago, and my gains currently sit at 90%.  Should have done it a long time ago.  I'm in crypto for the long-term now.
carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:52:56 PM

my stupidest experience in the world of cryptocurrency is when I have been paid with a new altcoin, from the bounty campaign. I immediately sold the coin at the lowest bid price, and then the coins rose almost 10x from the price I sold, I felt very stupid

styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:31:14 PM

For me it is not getting in several years ago. I started to research bitcoin from mainstream media reports, but I realise now that these were articles written by people who didnt know what they were talking about... at the time it made me think crypto was pointless... now I am much better informed... I hope!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: