Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:03:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dumbest thing you did in Crypto as a noob  (Read 1821 times)
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:07:51 PM

Hi all! I got into cryto this same time last year, I wanna share with you the dumbest thing I did as a noob back then, and it still haunting me.

I created a new ethereum wallet last year I stocked it up with 25eth..am very poor at that time eth was 4$ each I think..that was the most I could afford, I was using an ethereum client node, unfortunately for me I wrote down my wallet address instead of the private key. Now m been haunted by that fact I could have been a millionaire in my country..#dumbestthingyoudidincrypt
We all have made bad dicesions when we first started to use cryptocurrency, and maybe for most of the poeple the biggest mistake they did is they did not save bitcoin up until now, or else they would have became crazy rich from it, i know i personnaly regret not saving my coins, i tried to collect as much bitcoin as i can in one year and then i sold them when the price reached 1000$, soon after that by a couple of months bitcoin started rising like crazy, and at that momnet i relized how impatient i was and i sould've at least saved some, it is not bad to make these mistakes as long as you learn from them and try to avoid mistakes made by others.
sebastianAndrei

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:16:08 PM

That thing is that I didnt know what bitcoin was while my friends getting profit by it and now i know it but it isnt too late i can still invest if the price dump.
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:27:26 PM

This is a very useful topic for reading, I think that it should be fixed in the basis of the site, because beginners often make the same mistakes, and if the first thing they read about the world of the Crypto currency, these are typical errors of people, then there is a very good chance that their acquaintance will succeed and the person will not lose money or invest in a crappy project! Let's fix this topic at the heart of the site!
Protazio

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:39:03 PM

I have yet to create one but I think for me is not buying btc when I discovered it in around 2010 or 2009 when it was worth nothing or less than $1
Apaxy

Activity: 512
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 07:49:55 PM

This is a very useful topic for reading, I think that it should be fixed in the basis of the site, because beginners often make the same mistakes, and if the first thing they read about the world of the Crypto currency, these are typical errors of people, then there is a very good chance that their acquaintance will succeed and the person will not lose money or invest in a crappy project! Let's fix this topic at the heart of the site!
it would be even better if many told that they did something that could not be done and what it led to. many users want to cheat in this or that situation, but sometimes what happens. As a result, only problems.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:51:12 PM

For me it's hard to choose.

Scenario 1: I had some bitcoins $50 worth on my blockchain wallet that I had gathered through faucets after sweating day and night clicking on ads for free satoshis, I lost the money to a ponzi scheme despite clear warning not to get involved.

Scenario 2: Panic sell my bitcoins in January this year because of a mere correction. As a noob, I thought the price would crash and never return.
Leaflion

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:52:42 PM

To trust other people, some even more inexperienced than me... (4chan, bitcointalk, etc). Haha.
I've learnt since then.
erzascarlet_30

Activity: 210
Merit: 42

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 08:51:25 PM

Hi Everyone! Well, the dumbest thing I did in crypto was way back 2014. Buying the coin when I saw it in green line, then when it is already in red line or negative line, i sell it. Then when i notice why i didn't have profit, then I was like "oh right, the green line is when the coin is above and negative red when it is been dump." Then i was like "why you so dumb, waste of money." Hahahaha. I don't know it back then, still learning to trade that time. Excitement sometimes make you dumb

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
haileysantos95

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:46:42 AM

Scenario 2: Panic sell my bitcoins in January this year because of a mere correction. As a noob, I thought the price would crash and never return.

Common mistake that most people must be doing when engaging in bitcoin, traders love this when all the hard working FUD spreading members and someone manage to listen to them and sell the coins that could have more value later on.
cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:48:44 AM

I joined all the airdrops hoping to get profits from it but i failed,i realized that when one month have passed,bounty is more profitable.
benjaminoo

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Ice Rock Mining - Lifetime Profit

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 11:11:09 AM

I haven't done anything stupid myself yet (touch wood)...

But some wanted to buy Electroneum on Cryptopia for $0.06. He thought the price field was in USD, but it was actually in BTC. So he bought one ETN coin for around $450 when the real price was around $0.06. You can still see the gigantic spike in the price when you go back all the way to the first day of Electroneum trading on Cryptopia.

At least he made one seller VERY happy.

benjaminoo

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 11:13:01 AM

That thing is that I didnt know what bitcoin was while my friends getting profit by it and now i know it but it isnt too late i can still invest if the price dump.

Agreed. I had known about BTC for a number of years now. Finally decided to buy $2 worth of it in August this year. Could have gotten 5 times my investment if I had just been a bit braver!!

benjaminoo

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 11:14:04 AM

Sent 8 btc to a gambling website instead of the Ethereum ICO in 2014.

Wow!!! That's a costly mistake. So you lost out on both ETH and BTC. Were you able to recover the funds from the gambling site?

Ai7xpressTV

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:41:29 AM

I dont want to remember these things. The dumbest thing was that I have bought Stratis at 700 satoshis. I was new to crypto and really excited about a 100% gain.

On the other side I was really scared about altcoins because BTC was in bull mode. So I decided to sell all my Stratis for a double. Right after my sell it started rallying to 400,000 sats. That really killed me. Sad
Emaxxx (OP)

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 04:26:57 PM

how can we pin it?

Emaxxx (OP)

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 04:30:56 PM

The latest dump shit I did was I sold all my altcoins to buy BTC against segwit2x fork.. unfortunately for me I wasn't aware that segwit2x was cancelled that night..buy the time I checked coinmarketcap all  coins i sold were 25%+ in green..and BTC was dumping..so I put my funds in usdt.. hopping for altcoins to dump...sold 9LTC for 54$ each..damn me..lot of mistake

santapants

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 04:33:13 PM

I spent all of my Litecoin because I thought it was more boring than the others... whoops.
Ru1016

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:35:34 PM

my dumbest thing was simply not getting into bitcoin when i heard about it 6 years ago.  i started to, did a bunch of online research then decided it was too complicated to do and gave up...
peopleupsetmeup

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:54:06 PM

I made an investment on doge coin and sold em after a downsing at 50% of the bought value, sick...
Sheckley

Activity: 279
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:16:00 PM

I have also done a similar mistake, forgetting to write down the password of a wallet that later would suddenly be worth a lot. However, I was lucky because after hours of trying variations of my usual passwords, suddenly the wallet opened.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: