Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:35:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dumbest thing you did in Crypto as a noob  (Read 1817 times)
alfstep

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

Here I come! Again!

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:29:42 PM

I am to naive to buy a trading bot from an unkown person and asa you can expect I was fooled LOL
As A noob trader who constantly losing and panicking make me irrational in making decision. That is what i can advice to beginner, do not rely solely on your emotion, be logical and stay careful

Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 04:42:26 PM

Hi all! I got into cryto this same time last year, I wanna share with you the dumbest thing I did as a noob back then, and it still haunting me.

I created a new ethereum wallet last year I stocked it up with 25eth..am very poor at that time eth was 4$ each I think..that was the most I could afford, I was using an ethereum client node, unfortunately for me I wrote down my wallet address instead of the private key. Now m been haunted by that fact I could have been a millionaire in my country..#dumbestthingyoudidincrypt
My first mistake was that instead of the address of the wallet I inserted the private key everywhere. My second mistake was that I first started dealing with crypto currency, then I stopped. For this time, I think I could earn good money.)))
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 04:44:00 PM

As a newbie never sell with a loss. You lose only then when you sell with a loss. Of course, if you have choosen shitcoin, maybe then it's better to lose less than more, however, choose the strong coins like NEO, BTC, ETH, ETC, ADA, and a few other, and then u won't need to sell at loss

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 04:48:36 PM

For me, the dumbest thing I ever did was to follow exactly what youtube pumpers and shillers said.
Specifically, Suppoman...

When I first started out, I didn't know where to turn to so I naturally just started watching a bunch of youtube videos on crypto and ran accross Suppoman.
I got hooked and even paid for his shitty "newsletters".
I would buy whatever he shilled and ended up losing quite a bit of money.
Combine that with the noob habit of panic selling, and I was ready to give up after about 3 months.

Then, I decided to try to stick it out longer and figure out what I was doing wrong so I started educating myself on everything crypto and then branched out into market economics, trade strategies, etc.
I looked long and hard at what I had done wrong and changed those things.

Obviously, things got way better as I started basing my trading choices on informed decisions rather than a paid shill.

(also, his voice is somehow incredibly annoying.  Like a desperate pre pubesant car salesman).

Hagmonar

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:50:20 PM

Hi all! I got into cryto this same time last year, I wanna share with you the dumbest thing I did as a noob back then, and it still haunting me.

I created a new ethereum wallet last year I stocked it up with 25eth..am very poor at that time eth was 4$ each I think..that was the most I could afford, I was using an ethereum client node, unfortunately for me I wrote down my wallet address instead of the private key. Now m been haunted by that fact I could have been a millionaire in my country..#dumbestthingyoudidincrypt

I have almost the same thing happen to you too. I was holding a tokens that i bought in from ICO at that price of 0.5$ each tokens and i have more than 650 tokens. After a few months of holding i sell them all at 3$ each and a 2 weeks later the tokens price goes up to 60$ each.
Triss Merigold

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:50:29 PM

I understand you. Perhaps some people who are engaged in bounty companies or airdrops, think that they have received garbage and tend to sell it faster on the stock exchange. But! It is possible that they have a project in their hands, as loud as the Efirium of their time. This project in the future can cost thousands of dollars for 1 coin.

cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:58:47 PM

I was new in crypto world and I joined trader when I signed up in poloniex, I bought alt without seeing any news and I bought dgb when the price is high, a few months of decreased assets and btc rise in the flat of my money back then I sell dgb, i stupidly affected my friend for ICO investment until now the lost money does not come back
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:59:59 PM

there will be no dumber than selling low and buying high.
this is the most common thing that beginners do.
and i am sad to admit i am one of those people.
but i am better now and never do that.
snegovsergey2

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:03:07 PM

I bought a ripple when it cost 2.9$ and three months later sold it at price 0.7$. It was a great part of my savings. But I am rather stubborn and intend to create my own wealth due to the cryptocurrency.
Dyanggok

Activity: 280
Merit: 60

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:26:08 PM

Dont know how to call it, if its cause im a noob or an impatient stupid guy, Dumped my Hydro Tokens at 1Sat each. Got phished for two times. And did not know to back up 2fa google authenticator.
eye-con

Activity: 449
Merit: 102

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:02:47 AM

I bought an altcoin and I was too eager to gain profit as much as possible, but I know to myself that there is no such thing. until I sold my tokens at low value.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
ethergod

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:04:44 AM

The dumbest things I did was to trust online wallets with my private keys and not to keep my passphrases, thinking my computer would never have unforeseen issues that could jeopardize my wallet. Well, it's these lessons that make us stronger. Fortunately, I was not impacted too hard by these mistakes.
vinapuppy

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:27:36 AM

I remember when first started with bitcoin. I invest in some legit project called HYIP. I don't realize that's it's just a ponzi scam. The dumbest thing next is I make an email to the support of that hyip for BTC that's I still doesn't get
Shadovka

Activity: 896
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:31:33 AM

I am quite lucky in a way there is some guidance to me from my friend so i did not make any dumb move, the dumbest move i will include is cashing out too early on a coin and see it rising and holding on to a coin watching it drop day by day.

Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:59:12 AM

Buying at a really high price, at the height of the bull market because I had missed the dip and thought that the prices would keep growing and I would miss out from not investing in the market and after I bought, the price started going down and I had to sell because I felt so sad seeing the price of my coins going down. i learned my lesson and now i will only buy when prices dip.
Memenya

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:03:04 PM

I stopped and for me that was the dumbest move i made because if i didnt stop maybe i am earning many coins and i can help my family financially, my tip for you is dont stop in this industry
So all experience will teach us more carefully in the next future. That is really bad thing that you have done.
I think my suggestion is always learning first doing anything. Always more carefully everytime we do something so we will have another same mistake again.
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:04:11 PM

Well, it was years ago, bitcoin was just starting up. By "just starting up" I mean that it was gaining traction slowly... The value for it was around 200$ in deep-web black markets... Even today, when I remember, I regret my poor decision as I bought some drugs in deep web for 10btc... Which was worth not more than 2k at the time...
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:20:13 PM

That's very unfortunate for the OP. 25 ETH MIA due to this carelessness.

I still consider the dumbest thing that I ever do is when I sold pretty good number of my bitcoin during $800 as I thought that would be the highest price that bitcoin would ever be.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Specialforce

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:29:09 PM

There are a lot of things that i did pretty bad like panic buying and also panic sellinh that is the time that i am newbie and lastly i did was selling my altcoins at wrong time and that altcoins i can get more profits if i wait

Step NOY

Activity: 136

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:34:00 PM

I put 5 ethereum on the exchange, and then bought Cardano, Gnosis, NEO on them. Ethereum bought at 300, waited 2 months ethereum grew and my altcoins sagged. I was upset:(
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: