Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:51:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dumbest thing you did in Crypto as a noob  (Read 1817 times)
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:32:30 AM

I think the dumbest thing for me would have to be selling the bitcoins my friend gifted me when I first got into cryptos. I just wanted the money and it was not even worth much at the time. Then when bitcoin bulled, I finally realized my mistake and by then it was too late. Now I don't sell coins indiscriminately no matter how badly they are doing.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Likemuk

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:57:29 AM

Just yesterday I needed to offer a portion of my Bitcoins for ZAR - the BTC/ZAR cost was falling because of political reasons and I needed to profit by it by offering high and purchasing low. I saw the numbers fly past on the trade and began to freeze. In my flurry, I bobbled to get an offer request submitted and did not understand I was composing a low cost into the crate. So I sold my Bitcoins for about $100 less per Bitcoin than what I could have gotten. Lucikly the cost went down sufficiently far so I could purchase again and simply equal the initial investment, yet I could have made a little had I recently centered more.
RemBlanc

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:26:51 AM

My dumbest thing I did when I do panic selling all of my holding coins. Selling those at a low price If I hold for a bit and wait atleast a profit maybe I have already in huge of btc.

Same with me. When I was still a noob I sell my coins because of panic.  I really regretted doing it, if only I hold it longer then I can get more.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:06:50 PM

I bet most of the newcomers have sold their tokens for a low market value not expecting that its market price will further increase due to the natural market volatility as well as selling due to panic. Many people have experienced the pressure on to sell already or to further hold bounty rewards with hesitations because the increase is not continuous in terms of the price of the token. These are the common mistakes that the new ones are doing.
popsywura

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:23:46 PM

Am sure most newbies have done one dumb things one way or the other. In my early days in cryptocurrency, I hardly know what bitcoin address is.  Imagine me loosing a whole 1 bitcoin in the quess of converting Perfect Money to bitcoin. I wish I could have that one bitcoin now.
Torbeks

Activity: 298
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:34:00 PM

The most important thing is that you learn from your previous mistake. Don't regret on the things that cannot be undone. Always think of the present. All newbies will make a mistake. It just so happen that you are not sure on what you were doing and that is why it happened.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
kent47400

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:10:09 AM

Surely that is your nightmare that continues to haunt.
It's very difficult to forget about that event and it will continue to be remembered by you.

You better forget about 25 Ethereum and now you can do other activities that can get Ethereum back, like trading and bounty.
damsix
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 46

Id Telegram : @dam_six

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 03:47:45 AM

25 Ethereum and you give it in vain. LOL
It was very sad to hear it and for me the number was very big.
Hopefully this event will not happen again in the future.

andeonnut

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:59:19 AM

I thought that the lowest a coin could go was 1 satoshi so I bought several one satoshi coins thinking I couldnt lose. LOL.

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
setialovers

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 04:10:10 AM

The dumbest thing i did in cryptomarket is selling my coin at cheap price and after i sell it, the price spike up more than x3. I am regret it until not and thats why i am plan to hold my coin for long term
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 04:14:54 AM

what I can't forget is my experience as a bounty hunter in crypto, not as an investor. at that time I joined a good project but the project was paused for about 2 months. I forgot to join again and finally I was late. I think it's a good project if I follow it to the end of the period and can make hundreds of dollars from there.
ajaymukund

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 04:21:12 AM

Hi all! I got into cryto this same time last year, I wanna share with you the dumbest thing I did as a noob back then, and it still haunting me.

I created a new ethereum wallet last year I stocked it up with 25eth..am very poor at that time eth was 4$ each I think..that was the most I could afford, I was using an ethereum client node, unfortunately for me I wrote down my wallet address instead of the private key. Now m been haunted by that fact I could have been a millionaire in my country..#dumbestthingyoudidincrypt
wow, there are so many people who are similar to yours. I know someone who has used his private-key in his wallet holding more than 103 Bitcoins. It's a huge number and it's going to haunt him for a long time. So the lesson is to respect the little things and never look down on them.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
sulis sudibyo

Activity: 882

Volare.network

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 04:23:17 AM

the stupidest thing I've ever done when I was a newbie is believing in what others say, which has not been proven true. maybe it looks simple, because of this I suffered losses when trading. now I have learned that trusting with others is one mistake

───[  Volare.Network  ]───
─────────────[  The First Commercial Blockchain Network from EQBR Technology  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    mVOLR AIRDROP    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 05:11:08 AM

the dumbest thing I've ever done was when I decided to pause in 2014-2015, even though at that time I was able to produce more than 1-2 bitcoins only through ponzi schemes, faucets and a kind of bounty hunter at that time. If you are an old player, you will still remember Stellar Coin (now called Stellar Lumens) which at that time shared coins for free just by sharing on Facebook and Twitter (I think this is the forerunner to the emergence of a bounty campaign today. Sometimes I still regret why at that time I sold bitcoin to buy one tv and personal computer, but it was okay, because maybe without the personal computer I bought at that time, I could not understand the crypto industry even further until now.
patispace

Activity: 183

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 11:23:56 PM

I think I've made too many mistakes in this crypto-universe. Perhaps the most painful of all my mistakes was having been invited to invest in bitcoin about six years ago, when cryptocurrencies were not yet well known and their price was very cheap. But unfortunately I did not have enough vision to think it would be profitable, so I simply turned my back on bitcoin. Another of my mistakes was having bought ethers below $5.00, to sell them at $7.00, thinking it was a good profit margin.
Considered

Activity: 504
Merit: 100