Bitcoin Forum
October 02, 2024, 11:18:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The ''Sell Bitcoin'' feature of Blockchain in partnership with coinify  (Read 156 times)
Ople (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:00:14 AM

Hello,

Now that I have access to my account, I wish to sell my tiny amount of BTC against a few Euros. I like that blockchain.info offers such a possibility, without leaving their website, instead of going to an exchange and verify my identity then input my SEPA account.
I did this for Bitstamp and Coinbase, but I have no news on the verification of my identity, and then I do not know how to link my wallet from  blockchain.info to those exchanges. I also looked at localbitcion, but nobody is in my area.

On  blockchain.info, I go to the section ''BUY & SELL BITCOIN'' then I read the text :
Simple. Seamless. Secure.
Blockchain works with exchange partners all around the world to make buying and selling bitcoin in your wallet secure and seamless.
Select your country

Our exchange partner Coinify will process your bitcoin purchases. Click Continue to begin buying and selling bitcoin.

Then I click ''CONTINUE" and appears a section ''Sell Bitcoin'' where I enter an amount in EUR I want to retrieve from my current amount of BTC.

The website does not detail anything about the process of selling bitcoins for EUR, so I hope people here have done it before.
My question are:  once click on ''Sell'' , what happens ?
Will there be a confirmation page for selling after I click on Sell ?
How do I enter my SEPA account ?
do I need to register an account on Coinify?
How long will the transaction take ?
can the transaction be cancelled ?
How do I know the fees of a transaction to compare them to Bitstamp and Coinbase ?

mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:19:38 PM

For sepa withdrawals I will recommend you to use bitpanda rather than inbuilt blockchain.info sell feature. I have used bitpanda before to sell my bitcoin for some EURO and than successfully got that in my bank account within 2 days.

Bitpanda also offers bitcoin, ethereum wallets so that you can use them as web wallet too.
Ople (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:31:04 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 02:17:44 PM by Ople

For sepa withdrawals I will recommend you to use bitpanda rather than inbuilt blockchain.info sell feature. I have used bitpanda before to sell my bitcoin for some EURO and than successfully got that in my bank account within 2 days.

Bitpanda also offers bitcoin, ethereum wallets so that you can use them as web wallet too.

I registered on bitpanda after reading your message. I see they have several levels of identification [bronze, silver and gold] how far did you go with this and what company did you choose for the gold level of verification ? Myself, I went up to Silver.

I see here https://www.bitpanda.com/payment-payout all the possibilities with bitpanda.. What methods of withdrawals did you test so far?
For the silver level, there are
Euro Wallet, Bank Transfer, Amazon.de* Voucher Code, Skrill, NETELLER

I see the rate BTC/EUR on bitpanda [1btc = 13,401.63 EUR] is less interesting than on blockchain.info [1 BTC = 13,804.64 EUR]. Why such a discrepancy?

Ople (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:14:27 AM

this is the reply from the support
Clicking 'sell' will bring you to our partner, Coinify's, payment detail + account setup up process.
Here is an article that outlines Coinify's Buy process so you can have an idea of how the flow works: https://support.[Suspicious link removed]/hc/en-us/articles/217439106.

Bank transfers include a mandatory 1-2 day review of uploaded documents and we use the 'priority' fee that is viewable by navigating to Send--->Transaction Fee--->Priority fee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: