Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:18:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Essentially, how do I start mining if I am cheap?  (Read 211 times)
Jarwolf (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:06:25 AM

Hello community! I am new here. First time on this Forums and jeez, it took me a good minute to even find out how to start a topic! I feel like I am going to love this Forum, though, I didn't want to take an hour just to find some answers so hopefully I am allowed to create this post here, I also hope it is in the right spot. without further ado, I will get on to my questions.

I have a basic knowledge as to what Bitcoins are and I know that there are several different kind of "cyber currency's' starting to sprout. Anyhow, I wanted to get into mining Bitcoins, just something that can give me extra cash in the long run. I am currently attending College and I work at McDonald's so, really.. the Ant miner hardware are out of the picture, unfortunately as I really do want one as I heard it is the best hardware out there as to mining for bitcoins. Are there any alternate ways of mining bitcoins? I don't even care if I only make $30-$50 a month from mining bitcoins. Heck, I'd be good for $100.00 a month!

What alternate hardware can I use other than Ant Miner?

When running Bitwinter client, what does "Proofs of work accepted by server." mean? It says mine is at 512.

Do I need a bitcoin wallet in order to get paid at the end of the month if I even get paid for how slow I mine bitcoins?

How would I transfer my earned bitcoins into USD and have it transferred to my banking account if I wanted to do so?

zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:36:31 AM

welcome to bitcointalk traffic. a good start if you have the desire to learn bitcoin, if your mining is successful i suggest you spend more capital to buy it, because it will give you big advantage. $ 15500 will get if you understand how to mine.
but if you want to do it with other tools, maybe you can use cloud mining, but I do not know if it will work or not?
or you can use samsung s5, s6, s7, s8 samsung phones to do mining.
finally you can use a bitcoin VIP wallet to swap to USD.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:12:28 AM

This forum has really a particular role in helping members to learn a lot about bitcoin technology. As the price is bitcoin is obvipusly increasing, mining bitcoins may be very profitable in these circumstances. I wouldn't suggest cloud mining because you most people say you will finally be in losss if investing in cloud mining contracts. It is more better to acquire your own hardware if you want better start
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3231

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:27:28 AM

...Anyhow, I wanted to get into mining Bitcoins, just something that can give me extra cash in the long run. ... Are there any alternate ways of mining bitcoins? I don't even care if I only make $30-$50 a month from mining bitcoins.

You can't realistically mine bitcoins, but you can mine other coins and get paid in BTC. Check out NiceHash. Expect to earn less than $1 per day.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Jarwolf (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:12:59 AM

Would https://www.ebay.com/itm/NF1-NanoFury-USB-ASIC-2-4-Gh-Bitcoin-Miner-Nano-Fury-Bitfury/253045942268?epid=716964765&hash=item3aeab6a7fc:g:YscAAOSw0UdXq39W help at the very least. I'm not sure if I wish to do cloud mining. At the moment I am using Bitminter's client and i'm just using my laptop to mine other coins in attempts to get BTC at the end of the month. As in buying it, do you mean to buy the hardware or more bitcoins? :0 I'm also considering my electric bill as I got a lot of bills already on my plate lol.
krdcwplgf

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:40:24 AM

Would https://www.ebay.com/itm/NF1-NanoFury-USB-ASIC-2-4-Gh-Bitcoin-Miner-Nano-Fury-Bitfury/253045942268?epid=716964765&hash=item3aeab6a7fc:g:YscAAOSw0UdXq39W help at the very least. I'm not sure if I wish to do cloud mining. At the moment I am using Bitminter's client and i'm just using my laptop to mine other coins in attempts to get BTC at the end of the month. As in buying it, do you mean to buy the hardware or more bitcoins? :0 I'm also considering my electric bill as I got a lot of bills already on my plate lol.
Mining with a laptop? I think it's simply sacrificing the life of your laptop. Because heat dissipation is a harsh problem you have to face, the same performance desktops are cheaper and have good heat dissipation. I think mining or should use professional equipment, personal computer mining cost is not high.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3231

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:50:50 AM

That USB miner might generate $1 over the next year, but it costs $90 plus about $8 in electricity . Cloud mining is a money loser. Don't bother with it.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Aya1

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:21:47 AM

There are two ways to get Bitcoin. First, buy it directly on sites that provide physical money exchange with virtual currency.

Second. by mining. Two ways are equally require capital, just choose just which way is preferred.

If the first means of capital used to buy Bitcoin, the second way of capital is used to buy devices to mine Bitcoin.Just
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: