Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:29:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LTC Pool][2% PPS][CGStats!] LiteGuardian.com - Custom DDOS Protected Pool  (Read 22015 times)
jimmy.coiner

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:35:47 PM

Lets see if my long question gets frigan lost again.... (this time i copy it first!)

Hi, i am just getting into litecoin mining and have decided i want to use a PPS pool (with as low as fee of possible of course)  I am thinking I am going to try yours because in my research you offer the lowest fee for PPS and VARDIFF.  My reading tells me that i want vardiff.  Can you tell me how vardiff will help me? I dont fully understand it I just know that its good. The only thing I care about is minimzing network traffic, am I correct in understanding that it helps with that?

Thanks!

Yes absolutely correct, VARDIFF cuts down on network traffic.  It monitors the traffic generated by your workers and adjusts the difficulty to suit them best.  It reduces network traffic, reduces load on the server, can reduce rejects and is even more important for low hashrate miners.  We allow setting your min and max diff or you can leave it default and let the system manage the difficulty for you.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks, been mining your pool for about a day now, so far I love it! It's a welcome change from the other LTC pools I tried in the process of finding yours, they all look and work the same!
LiteGuardian (OP)

Activity: 35

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 04:12:03 PM

Lets see if my long question gets frigan lost again.... (this time i copy it first!)

Hi, i am just getting into litecoin mining and have decided i want to use a PPS pool (with as low as fee of possible of course)  I am thinking I am going to try yours because in my research you offer the lowest fee for PPS and VARDIFF.  My reading tells me that i want vardiff.  Can you tell me how vardiff will help me? I dont fully understand it I just know that its good. The only thing I care about is minimzing network traffic, am I correct in understanding that it helps with that?

Thanks!

Yes absolutely correct, VARDIFF cuts down on network traffic.  It monitors the traffic generated by your workers and adjusts the difficulty to suit them best.  It reduces network traffic, reduces load on the server, can reduce rejects and is even more important for low hashrate miners.  We allow setting your min and max diff or you can leave it default and let the system manage the difficulty for you.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks, been mining your pool for about a day now, so far I love it! It's a welcome change from the other LTC pools I tried in the process of finding yours, they all look and work the same!

Thanks much for the positive feedback!  I am constantly adding new features and improving things as well, development never stops!

We have now upgraded our pool software to allow setting not just the Minimum and Maximum difficulty of a worker but also the starting difficulty of the worker.  This is huge for slower miners who might not get a share in fast enough for VARDIFF to trigger (vardiff normally requires 1 share to start working) but now, it sets the difficulty on connection to your starting difficulty and you start mining at that right away.
LiteGuardian (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 06:04:14 PM

We now have a Hong Kong Server!!  This new server will offer excellent ping times to Asian locations and will help solve having to cross the Pacific ocean to mine!
jimmy.coiner

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:06:16 PM

can you please tell me the  best difficulty settings for a 7950 on your pool thanks
tenshou

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:14:31 PM

It's best if you set the minimum to be around 64 and the maximum to be 256. The server will automatically find the most optimum diff and assign it to you.

diatonic

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:47:46 AM

First I find the first VGB block for Nuggets, then I find a block at #LiteGuardian.

I need to buy a lottery ticket. Loving this pool. Also, lowest rejects of any pool I've ever mined at:

4008 total accepted shares
3 total invalid shares
0.075% farm wide reject ratio

#bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=diatonic | Tips: 1DiATonicgGnUcsH6NpSuCEDwRRW3wecgs
rapeghost

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:54:41 AM

Hi,

Just wanted to throw a quick review of this pool for everyone.
--------

Some Statistics--
Time using pool: Roughly 1.5 weeks
Total Paid Out: 252.79682 LTC

All Time Shares: 1627163
All Time Rejects: 743 (0.05%)

LiteGuardian has 3 pool servers now, US, EU, and Asia.

The Pros:
1. Responsive Admins
2. Custom User Interface (its pretty)
3. PPS with a fair fee
4. Fun community (#Liteguardian on Freenode)
5. Low reject rates (very very low)
6. Vardiff

The Cons:
1. Site stats update every ~15 min, but you can just use the IRC bot to get current stats

Ending Conclusion: I like this pool, a lot. I've currently rented out 65MH of my rigs to a friend and I have him mine here too. He's been nothing but pleased so far. He was on wemineltc before and he finds LiteGuardian much nicer. LiteG admins will also implement features for the pool if you ask (and if they're useful). For example, since the site is PPS, we get paid no matter what, regardless of blocks. However, I'm a bit of stats junkie so I wanted to know how many blocks we were actually solving per day. I asked -- 3 to 4 days later, I have block announcements at my fingertips as well as who solved them.

So, pretty sweet pool. Come mine with us... and join 'Team OTC' if you're a #bitcoin-otc user and help us fuck team 'Founders' in the goat ass.

Cordially yours,
rapeghost
tenshou

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:47:57 AM

Thanks for that informative review Rapeghost.

Grin
BrianB

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:25:46 AM

I've been mining in this pool about 10 days. I like the web interface, and the admins and other users have all been friendly and helping me get into mining.  0% rejects too!

tenshou

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:08:04 PM

Thanks. Grin
LiteGuardian (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 09:27:47 PM

Hi,

Just wanted to throw a quick review of this pool for everyone.
--------

Some Statistics--
Time using pool: Roughly 1.5 weeks
Total Paid Out: 252.79682 LTC

All Time Shares: 1627163
All Time Rejects: 743 (0.05%)

LiteGuardian has 3 pool servers now, US, EU, and Asia.

The Pros:
1. Responsive Admins
2. Custom User Interface (its pretty)
3. PPS with a fair fee
4. Fun community (#Liteguardian on Freenode)
5. Low reject rates (very very low)
6. Vardiff

The Cons:
1. Site stats update every ~15 min, but you can just use the IRC bot to get current stats

Ending Conclusion: I like this pool, a lot. I've currently rented out 65MH of my rigs to a friend and I have him mine here too. He's been nothing but pleased so far. He was on wemineltc before and he finds LiteGuardian much nicer. LiteG admins will also implement features for the pool if you ask (and if they're useful). For example, since the site is PPS, we get paid no matter what, regardless of blocks. However, I'm a bit of stats junkie so I wanted to know how many blocks we were actually solving per day. I asked -- 3 to 4 days later, I have block announcements at my fingertips as well as who solved them.

So, pretty sweet pool. Come mine with us... and join 'Team OTC' if you're a #bitcoin-otc user and help us fuck team 'Founders' in the goat ass.

Cordially yours,
rapeghost

Wow! Thanks for taking the time and effort to write such an in depth review! 
jimmy.coiner

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 03:06:59 AM

It's best if you set the minimum to be around 64 and the maximum to be 256. The server will automatically find the most optimum diff and assign it to you.

Thank you, that is what i did and so far its working great.  Thanks tenshoes!
jimmy.coiner

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:45:04 AM

can someone help me get my card hashing faster?  i have a 7950 but i am only getting 400mh, i thought this was good but i hear i should be able to get faster.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 01:21:45 PM

can someone help me get my card hashing faster?  i have a 7950 but i am only getting 400mh, i thought this was good but i hear i should be able to get faster.

Message me in #Liteguardian I will help you hit 600+ no problem!
LiteGuardian (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 03:38:05 PM

Our miners rock!
tenshou

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:17:56 PM

Depending on the 7950 that you have. Some 7950 can go as high as 700KH/s.

Join us on freenode at #Liteguardian.  We'll make sure you get the most out of your cards.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 01:47:19 PM

420 MH and growing!!!!  If anyone would like an invite just drop me a message.
jimmy.coiner

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:43:50 PM

Sorry for the dumb question but what is #liteguardian?  Twitter hashtag?
BrianB

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:41:53 PM

It is the IRC chat room on Freenode.  You can use the web client: https://www.liteguardian.com/irc-chat

jimmy.coiner

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 03:57:35 PM

It is the IRC chat room on Freenode.  You can use the web client: https://www.liteguardian.com/irc-chat

Oh Derp! I knew it was a dumb question!  I've never tried IRC but i will check it out.  Loving this pool, keep it up guys!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: