Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:41:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are so many devoted to Bitcoin vs other cryptos?  (Read 542 times)
Clavulanic

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:09:49 PM

Because whichever way you are, the price of all alternative coins depends on the price of bitcoin. And a part of your deposit should always be kept in the main currency. It does not matter what happens to it today, if tomorrow it will still grow.
I agree on that and maybe it is simply because people really see what was really the big advantage in bitcoin than any other kind of coin.As we all have seened bitcoin is really amazing and it canreally change  our life it is really simple to use .I really beleieve that bitcoin can run throug a decade or maybe forever because it is now gdtting more popular than the past few  years.

██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Appreciate Coin
Send and receive tokens
in blogs and social
media communities
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▄████ ███ █████ ███ ████▄
▄█████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
██████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀██████
██████ ███ █████ ███ ██████
██████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄██████
▀█████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀█████▀
▀████ ███ █████ ███ ████▀
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
NO
INFLATION

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀▀███████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀  ▄  ▀▀▀▀████▄
▄████  ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄  ████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄██▀     ▀██▄  █████
████  ████  ███  ████  ████
████▄  ▀██▄     ▄██▀  █████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀  ████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TECHNICAL
INTEGRATIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀██████████▄
▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀████████▄
█████████▄▄█▌ ▐█▄▄█████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
▀███████████▌ ▐███████████▀
▀██████████▌ ▐██████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GROWING
USE CASES

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████▀   ▀████████▄
▄████▀     ▄▄▄     ▀████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄███████▀▀██▄  ▀████
████  ████  ▀▀  ▄████  ████
████▄  ▀███▄  ▄████▀  ▄████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████▄     ▀▀▀     ▄████▀
▀████████▄   ▄████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
EASE OF
CRYPTO TRADING

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:14:00 PM

Since it's the pioneer in the field of crypto currency, it's not really surprising that a lot of people are more into it than the other crypto currencies and also it's making them a lot of profits compared to the others.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:45:17 PM

It's no secret that BTC has a big problem with fees and transaction times and it's getting worse with rising valuation and number of users.  That's the first issue.  Bitcoin's closest market cap competitors don't have these issues....at least not yet.

The second issue is that other cryptos have given better returns year-on-year vs. Bitcoin...especially in the past week to a month.  During that period BTC went up 100% but some of its closest competitors in market cap have returned 200-300%....or better.
I am sure that majority of the coins will be having scalability issue in the future when there are as many users there are with bitcoin ,with rising value of bitcoin it is inevitable to pay higher prices for transactions and that is how things work here,and most of the currencies went up because the price of bitcoin sky rocketed and there are some coins which had their rally in the meantime like IOTA.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:45:28 AM

As you have said in your post,no other coin has handled such a huge volume o transactions and only when such coins handle such a huge transaction volume,then only we could say that it is better than bitcoin.
In short, what I have understood and experienced is that there is yet no other coin stronger than bitcoin. Bitcoin is the one which has the largest market in the world at present among digital currencies. As far as throwing away bitcoin form the throne of crypto market is concerned, it is impossible. No other coin is as trustworthy as bitcoin is. Bitcoin is having the largest amount of investments and security as well.
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:51:26 AM

Logically yes, alts will give you more profit because of their small marketcap compared to bitcoin alone with $300b and keeps increasing day by day
But bitcoin price movement is directly affected alts prices, when bitcoin pump, alts dump, when bitcoin dump, alts dump too then when bitcoin is stable alts will moon. That's why it is better to have your balance in bitcoin, when btc pump alt dump then use your btc to buy your favorite alts with big discount Grin

rcticoin

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:40:53 AM

ever agan compare bitcoin with other payment?
such as paypal? payerr? PM? webmoney? payza?

I want to ask, if you want to buy an item, there are some payment processor,
what will you choose? pay via btc, paypal, PM, payer or something else?
(if smua payment processor there balancenya)
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:47:14 AM

Bitcoin is really getting more popular because it is really proven and tested it really gives as an extra  huge income that is why many people really believe in bitcoin and it is really getting more trending than the past few year because  many more people really depend on it today.I think bitcoin is really a good way to earn profit verry amazing.
Realist247 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 07:52:42 AM

With the fees being so high I don't see the value of spending Bitcoin to pay for anything.  I'd use a credit card or Paypal.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:05:14 AM

Bitcoin is really getting more popular because it is really proven and tested it really gives as an extra  huge income that is why many people really believe in bitcoin and it is really getting more trending than the past few year because  many more people really depend on it today.I think bitcoin is really a good way to earn profit verry amazing.
This is truth. People didn’t know about bitcoin when it was developed back in 2009 and then after two or three years, there were some peeps who somehow know about it. All those technology and money lover knew what it was but still genre public was totally unveiled of it. Later and now, see this amazing thing coming into our lives and now it become an important part of us.
chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:15:45 AM

There were few users initially knowing about the importance and existence of bitcoin. Now the user Base has grown vastly and many are aware of the coin compared to the few years. As its the first crypto, legacy will continue and the price is expected to go a long way and its in it early ages. As long as volume is there buyers will be there and there will be very less sellers seeing the present scenario. Keep a watch and we do not know where the price is gonna go.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
1kings

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:41:03 AM

BTC has the highest followers now been the first crypto. It'd remain the prime crypto for a while until more people are aware of the viability of other cryptos. It took BTC about 8years to get popular and AltCoins are riding on that wave. In a little while, they start standing alone. Then their users would grow.
tickledlicker

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:30:45 AM

Bitcoin is among the first to introduce a fully functioning cryptocurrency to the world. This is why so many have stayed to keep using btc.
earl07

Activity: 168
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:44:32 AM

It is the first crypto currency that been created and the pioneer among all coins.Bitcoin may have flaws but its trust and the price is one of the thing that people devoted to.Besides its the mother coin crypto and not been dethrone for many years and will always be on top.Bitcoin can change anyones life,and i think a time will come that it will have a big role to the modern world and in the future.

_$ Cheesy BAKIT SAYO GILIW Cheesy$_  
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:48:01 AM

It's no secret that BTC has a big problem with fees and transaction times and it's getting worse with rising valuation and number of users.  That's the first issue.  Bitcoin's closest market cap competitors don't have these issues....at least not yet.

The second issue is that other cryptos have given better returns year-on-year vs. Bitcoin...especially in the past week to a month.  During that period BTC went up 100% but some of its closest competitors in market cap have returned 200-300%....or better.

To me, this is a no-brainer.  Even some merchants and vendors have dumped Bitcoin in favor of other cryptos.  Most know of the STEAM example.

So why are so many on this forum not switching?  Most of you would be in a position to get in before the crypto ignorant (new investors) start piling in fresh cash.

I really do not understand the logic since I don't believe for a second that it is an issue of brand loyalty...especially how little it is discussed as an option.

Thoughts?

To me, this is a case of comfort and convenience more than anything. The fact that there have been a myriad of issues being encountered while trading in Bitcoin has not dampened the fact of the users global enamor to it. Especially now that its value has reached an all time high and even with its drop it atill is very palatable to some investors
Crypto Rock

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 06:48:20 AM

It was the first crypto and continues to the the leading one (market cap, price, progress toward the final state). This will continue for a while, but in the future this can go in any direction. 
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:02:47 AM

People tend to trust names and brands, many people by BTC and do not understand anything in crypto currencies, so they cannot imagine that any other coin might succeed.

szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:36:18 AM

People tend to trust names and brands, many people by BTC and do not understand anything in crypto currencies, so they cannot imagine that any other coin might succeed.

Bitcoin has been here for long and has been able to withstand many negative campaigns they did against it plus it is gaining interest from people globally and this is making it growing value consistently than all the other crypotocurrencies and so that is why i think people are devoted  to it more than the others because it is a bigger industry than the others.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: