Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:14:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Day Satoshi Moved his Bitcoins  (Read 393 times)
nakko (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 09:35:15 AM

This is a hypothetical question. But what if he actually did send his Bitcoins to an exchange? Will they sky rocket past the moon, or bumble down as weed.
1kings

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:35:27 PM

Bubble! It'd be the biggest dump.
Beatcoin.it

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:57:49 PM

For sure it will be a super panic sell or a mega buy, anyway there's a lot of order made by users all over the exchangers. I think is more resonable the second option.
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:39:41 PM

If Satoshi really do that, I will think there will be a big dump. But again, will the founding Father do this to his baby?
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3855

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:22:45 PM

Meh. The effect on the price will be minimal; probably because of the newbie bitcoin holders that somewhat read the news and went full panic mode. I wouldn't be bothered though as the typical FOMO investors that doesn't know a single thing about bitcoin and are just investing because of bitcoin's skyrocket in price most probably don't even know who satoshi is.  Cheesy

Bubble! It'd be the biggest dump.
Sure, a huge dump can be caused by a bubble, but the situation OP described definitely isn't an example of a bubble.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:40:13 PM

If this happened i am silently try to buy for all my btc's xmr then take popcorn and observe situation from side

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:45:01 PM

This is a hypothetical question. But what if he actually did send his Bitcoins to an exchange? Will they sky rocket past the moon, or bumble down as weed.

Bro, if that happened then it will lower the prices of the bitcoin because we will have 6% more coin in the circulation than the previous circulator. Which means though we are having bigger demand but on top of that we will have bigger supply pool so there is no rise in the prices. This is because our formula high demand low supply = $$$ won't work here. :-) It is juts reversed when Mr. Satoshi dumped his bitcoin into the circulation. But lets not this doesn't happen really.

For skyrocketing the prices of bitcoin you ask Satoshi to put big amounts of fiat into it . Lolz. Then it would be possible to spike the rates.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:54:15 PM

Who can really predict which wallet is satoshi's wallet?? I am sure his bitcoins are spread among thousands of different addresses which are surely untraceable as every btc address is anonymous. How can we say that even until now he hasn't moved a bit out of it?? I am sure he must be moving something to pay off some bills for sure. But yes if people get to know such a thing they would just be blindly dumping the whole crypto.
ozaeri

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:11:13 PM

No one knows the truth for sure, we can only guess, in my opinion, we cant be sure is there a one guy or maybe there is a crew even? so they can wait and observe the situation, and laugh about this case

► ► ►    TOR-Q-ALL   |   Blockchain Based Secure Mobile Calls and Internet    ◄ ◄ ◄
PRE-SALE / Nov 22nd
► ► ►        WHITEPAPER        TOKEN SALE        ANN THREAD        ◄ ◄ ◄
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 05:15:57 PM

If sent to an exchange I think satoshi has a purpose to sell it and if it happens maybe Bitcoin will crash or he will sell it slowly to avoid big dump on the market
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:20:17 PM

Inevitably, he would only be able to sell some of it at a time.

In an ideal scenario (for the price), the price would decrease by the same amount that his coins increase the supply, which would be somewhere around 6%.

In reality though, the huge amount of coins that we're talking about would cause quite a significant drop in the price, and it would probably drop much lower because people would expect satoshi to sell more of them afterwards.  It would cause a panic.

If satoshi said anything about why they decided to sell, it might mitigate concerns.
Wulanayu

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:40:03 PM

if that happens then I think there will be a very big bubble and unstoppable by anything, but it's just your imagination. I'm sure sir satoshi will not be like that, he will not act like that on his own baby. Undecided

EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 05:43:02 PM

To everybody who is posting in here that Satoshi will never dump this coins, i have this to tell you:

If he/she/it decides to move their coins, they are allowed to do that, it is money, and we all know how money works. It does not matter if he/she/it is the "real" founder of bitcoin, if he decides to sell their billions of dollars worth of bitcoin, then eventually the price will go down, it is pure math.

But i dont think that it will happen, we should not think about this. Satoshi is gone, probably the bitcoins that he has are like a contribution to all of us (he keeps the coins, so they are freezed, no one owns them all)

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:50:34 PM

Damn. That would be the greatest thing for me. I would be waiting for that moment. And i f that comes, i will wait until he gets to sell everything. Because obviously, he won't be able to sell it all in one push. So with the first big sell, people will start to panic and sell more since they think that satoshi will sell more. And then by the time he finishes, a lot has already sold their possessions. And this would mean huge bitcoin drops plus the increase in the number of bitcoins available, more drastic drops. And that would be the second life of bitcoin. And from ashes it will rise again, slowly and surely. And might even become better having its founder (s) back in the game to improve it more and kick the asses of bitcoin wannabe coins.
lzby2000

Activity: 379

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:54:07 PM

If Satoshi is true, do, will cause a big shock bitcoin so, I think the price will fall sharply. Because people will have no confidence in the creator of people. The crowd will cause panic selling.

--►Telegram --►Twitter
--►Ann Thread              PIPSCHAIN - HYBRID EXCHANGE
Bringing you fiat & crypto currency in one platform!     --►Whitepaper--► Website 
--►Medium
nakko (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 05:16:51 PM

Damn. That would be the greatest thing for me. I would be waiting for that moment. And i f that comes, i will wait until he gets to sell everything. Because obviously, he won't be able to sell it all in one push. So with the first big sell, people will start to panic and sell more since they think that satoshi will sell more. And then by the time he finishes, a lot has already sold their possessions. And this would mean huge bitcoin drops plus the increase in the number of bitcoins available, more drastic drops. And that would be the second life of bitcoin. And from ashes it will rise again, slowly and surely. And might even become better having its founder (s) back in the game to improve it more and kick the asses of bitcoin wannabe coins.

Personally i believe it will happen one day, obviously not now, Perhaps 5 to 10 years, or when Bitcoin becomes main stream.
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:42:07 PM

No idea what will happen but for sure its gonna be fun to watch. Mosty likely then peole are gonna find out who he is.
grinstring

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:42:58 PM

If ever Satoshi would decide to take that action, the first reaction would be a huge dump. Everyone would experience the bubble that most have been afraid of.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:53:28 PM

If ever Satoshi would decide to take that action, the first reaction would be a huge dump. Everyone would experience the bubble that most have been afraid of.

And that is if someone buys all of the coins from him or an exchange let him sell a million bitcoins at once. There are a lot of of factors that are needed to be considered before Satoshi successfully dumps his coins. You can't just go into an exchange or multiple exchanges and offload 100k coins at once; there'll be lot of red flags before you can even complete your trade. Also, movement of Satoshi's coins is entirely questionable, as most early adopters believe that he's already gone or no longer have access to his own private keys.
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:01:17 PM

I think if this happens It will be a super dump, bitcoin price will surely fell to the ground. I sure hope that will not happen to us because for sure many people in this crypto community will suffer bigtime.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: