Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:45:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin transaction cost is too high  (Read 3120 times)
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:54:18 PM

What is happening?
will it change after adjustment since the transaction cost is being affected by the crazy price rise

Seriously this is not understandable. The fee is way too high now and for people who want to send small amounts they have to pay the fee almost similar to the transaction amount. The overall structure of fee is not changed, its just that the value of bitcoin is increase a lot. So even if we send a very minor amount of satoshi, the fee for that when converted to dollars is a lot.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikegosu

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:24:43 PM

What is happening?
will it change after adjustment since the transaction cost is being affected by the crazy price rise

Seriously this is not understandable. The fee is way too high now and for people who want to send small amounts they have to pay the fee almost similar to the transaction amount. The overall structure of fee is not changed, its just that the value of bitcoin is increase a lot. So even if we send a very minor amount of satoshi, the fee for that when converted to dollars is a lot.
I agree with that , Us who make micro payments payments suffer from a very high transaction fee. I am sending bitcoin everyday and I am troubled with the transaction fee. I dont have a solution to this problem , I remember the good old days when bitcoin value is not seriously high. Transaction fee is very very low that you dont mind sending money on every transaction. I wish that day will happen again.
Minnie1928

Activity: 140
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:30:00 PM

Fees are rising constantly for the Bitcoin transactions. The hope lies in the new transaction system that will come soon and it will allow transactions with a low even a zero fee. Transactions will be done almost instantly. Right now Bitcoin is suffering from the blockchain capability to produce a low fee.
Things will change very soon and the time for the Bitcoin growth will come again.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀              i v y              ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM   ●   FACEBOOK   ●    TWITTER    ●   YOUTUBE   ●   LINKEDIN
Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:31:22 PM

Yes, this is what makes bitcoin transaction costs constantly expensive, as happened some time ago when the network was busy I had to pay a fee of more than 0.0035 in Xapo.
bisectfinance

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:19:53 PM

Since the trend of Bitcoin price is still increasing, I suggest that you use Etherum or Litecoin instead to convert you money so the transaction fee is smaller.
Congyang

Activity: 882
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:24:20 PM

the bitcoin transaction cost increment is very reasonable because it is offset by very high bitcoin prices from day to day. and that's normal because in addition to bitcoin a lot of other coins that have increased transaction costs.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:27:11 PM

What is happening?

In my own opinion, It is ok for me to have a high fees if the exchanger sites are also secured because some of the sites are scamming people and because of that, more and more people are hating bitcoins. The value of bitcoins today is very high and it already reached 15k dollars so its normal to expect that the value of fees will also increase.
labs0918

Activity: 205

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:27:36 PM

In the past years Bitcoin transaction cost ia too high and it reached up to 60 dollars. But this year 2018 the cost of transaction dumps. Maybe because bitcoin price dumps too.

Dico88

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:46:17 PM

Naturally, the cost of bitcoin transactions is quite expensive because bitcoin as a digital currency is so great. You think the bitcoin transaction price is expensive then I suggest you can change it to Ethereum or litecoin or you can also use the voucher to avail bitcoin with cheaper price. Anyone can do it with positive thoughts. Cool
Harley0501

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:53:12 PM

That's because bitcoin prices so high, so transactions fees are high too. As alternative, you can swap your bitcoin into altcoin and then make transaction, it will reduce your transaction cost.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
doodle07

Activity: 311

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:00:41 AM

It just compensates with the price of bitcoin, transaction cost is reasonable in the fact that bitcoin is decentralized. Bitcoin transaction cost also depends on the supply and demand.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
oludare1

Activity: 200
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:25:56 AM

Yes bitcoin transaction fee increases day by day. I think bitcoin never reduce their fee because bitcoin users increased more and their transactions increased more. So best way to convert bitcoin to other coin and stop to pay high tx fee.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:06:20 AM

This has stopped happening I think. transaction fee has reduced
and  transaction speed has increased. So its nothing to panic about.
Phinoy

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:24:22 AM

high transaction cost is normal and it is as a result of increasing rise in value of bitcoin. however i think online bitcoin wallet like coinbase and blockchain offer lower transaction cost than other desktop wallets like electrum. also the higher the transaction speed the higher the cost. high transction cost means less block and fast delivery while low transaction cost mean more blocks and lower delivery rate. so it all depend on choice.

It is a high transaction with a high demand in the black market right now bitcoin is been getting bigger and bigger every year that we don't expect so we have to expect that it will continue to getting higher if there are to much people accepting continue the BTC currency.
nalinpuri

Activity: 130
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:00:09 AM

If you think bitcoin trnsaction fees is quite high then you should covert your bitcoins to ripple because their transaction cost is very low and transaction speed is just 4 seconds. Cheesy
code

Activity: 536
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:22:41 PM

it is strange that now, when the popularity of bitcoin has fallen - the cost of transactions can be more than 200 Satoshi bytes. in other cases, you can use other coins for transactions on the exchange, for example, ETC
maikala

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:50:16 PM

Many customers still do not know how to determine how much to pay for a transaction. You can determine fees by viewing transaction details; or calculate the difference between input and output. In essence, this is the process of sending and receiving money in the transaction.
It is a fact that when you make large transactions, the greater the bitcoin fee that customers pay the larger. Because trading has occupied a lot of space in the transaction.
Therefore, it is also possible to rely on the transaction size to determine the required fees. But the charge, the fee determination still causes many errors; difficult for customers.
However, if you are using a Bitcoin Coinbase wallet purse then you are free to make transactions without having to worry about fees.
This wallet contains dynamic charges to charge based on the transaction size of the traffic through the internet.
Anamika143

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:30:15 PM

Bitcoin transaction methods are controlled very complexly. It takes some time to complete a transaction. And in the whole world, the huge amount is transferred to Bitcoin Transfer Directive, so many people are engaged in managing them. They should work hard and complete your transaction and you will have to pay some fees in return. I do not think this transaction fee is too high.
Rumhocker

Activity: 170

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:36:51 PM

The fees are good at the moment i just paid less than ten cents for a single transaction, it is not expensive and it is more than good for me, ethereum fees are over $1 at the moment so it is enough at least
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:06:14 AM

What is happening?
Bitcoin is completely a decentralised crypto currency and there is no authentic regulating body who could keep eye over all the bitcoin activities and thus the bitcoin is involved in all these illegal activities and then the high bitcoin transactions fee, there are many issues that need to be sorted and to make bitcoin very successful and to declare it as a central currency globally and for this its legalisation is necessary world wide so that governments could keep eye over all these bitcoin activities.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: