Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:11:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm donating 5057 BTC to charitable causes! Introducing The Pineapple Fund  (Read 441 times)
PineappleFund (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:09:35 PM

Hello!

I remember starting at bitcoin a few years ago. When bitcoin broke single digits for the first time, I thought that was a triumphant moment for bitcoin. I watched and admired the price jump to $15.. $20.. $30.. wow!

Today, I see $17,539 per BTC. I still don't believe reality sometimes. Bitcoin has changed my life, and I have far more money than I can ever spend. My aims, goals, and motivations in life have nothing to do with having XX million or being the mega rich. So I'm doing something else: donating the majority of my bitcoins to charitable causes. I'm calling it The Pineapple Fund.

So far, The Pineapple Fund has/is:

* Donated $1 million to Watsi, an impressively innovative charity building technology to finance universal healthcare.

* Donated $1 million to The Water Project, a charity providing sustainable water projects to suffering communities in Africa

* Donating $1 million to the EFF, defending rights and privacy of internet users, fighting for net neutrality, and far far more

* Donated $500k to BitGive Foundation, a charity building projects that leverage bitcoin and blockchain technology for global philanthropy.

If you know a registered nonprofit charity, please encourage them to apply on the fund's website! While I prefer supporting registered charities, I am open to supporting charitable causes as well. Check out the website Smiley

https://pineapplefund.org/
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:48:29 PM

“Because once you have enough money, money doesn't matter.” That is a good motto, and pretty sure this is a good thing to do for charity and making use of your money for the needy I really think that if you are truly blessed by GOD you will truly help and do good work because of GOD's Grace, Well bitcoin really had some impact in every person sometimes, and if I have seen a worthy charity that need further help I will inform them about this site, and GOD bless.
MadAndHoldersPattern

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:12:08 PM

This is amazing, seems great. With more money comes more responsibility, if only more people started thinking this way instead of caring about themselves only and buying Lambos
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:36:17 PM

I am not a supporter of this charity. It will not change anything. People spend your money for daily needs and it's all over. They again begin to starve. It seems to me that charity should be what you need to build enterprise in the country where people will work and receive regular income. The profits from this enterprise should be directed on building of new enterprises. Then your help will make sense.
maxxdxx

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:20:49 AM

I just want to say I really admire what you're doing. This is absolutely amazing of you, we need more people like you. Here are some list of public charities that do accept bitcoin.
Bread for the City | breadforthecity.org | 52-1138207 | Washington DC
Central Texas Food Bank | centraltexasfoodbank.org | 74-2217350 | Austin TX
Gift of A Helping Hand | tgoahhctbuildingandtoyfund.org | 38-3640111 | Detroit MI
Save the Children Federation | savethechildren.org | 06-0726487 | Fairfield CT
World Aid for Homeless Children | worldaid.org | 26-4576703 | Washington DC
League Against Aids | leagueagainstaids.com | 65-0057294 | Miami FL
Without Regrets Foundation | withoutregrets.org | 45-2592845 | Dripping Springs TX
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:50:27 AM

Man, on behalf of all of the recipients of those funds, big thank you for this. It is really a great deed to help someone who is in need and today there are a lot of people who don't have enough just for the basic needs. I'm really happy to see someone having this attitude Smiley
Nefarious

Activity: 214
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:18:30 PM

Actually, I have thought of one worthy charity: http://www.fightfortheforgotten.org

It's a charity set up my MMA fighter Justin Wren for liberating pygmy slaves in the Congo, as well as drilling wells to provide sustainable drinking water, rainforest preservation & wildlife conservation. Joe Rogan himself recently donated bitcoin to his charity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk2jKc2U2Z0

I've reached out to Justin & encouraged him to apply to your website & I really hope you can help Smiley
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:27:08 PM

Wow this is absolutely amazing what you are doing. I started reading with scepticism but then I opened your webpage and the links you provide. Wow, what may I say? You are a good man and I wish you all the best. Do you donate only bitcoin or do you consider donating regular money after it has been exchanged? Do you support US only charities or other in the world as well?

BitcoinFrik

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:33:36 PM

Hello!

I remember starting at bitcoin a few years ago. When bitcoin broke single digits for the first time, I thought that was a triumphant moment for bitcoin. I watched and admired the price jump to $15.. $20.. $30.. wow!

Today, I see $17,539 per BTC. I still don't believe reality sometimes. Bitcoin has changed my life, and I have far more money than I can ever spend. My aims, goals, and motivations in life have nothing to do with having XX million or being the mega rich. So I'm doing something else: donating the majority of my bitcoins to charitable causes. I'm calling it The Pineapple Fund.

So far, The Pineapple Fund has/is:

* Donated $1 million to Watsi, an impressively innovative charity building technology to finance universal healthcare.

* Donated $1 million to The Water Project, a charity providing sustainable water projects to suffering communities in Africa

* Donating $1 million to the EFF, defending rights and privacy of internet users, fighting for net neutrality, and far far more

* Donated $500k to BitGive Foundation, a charity building projects that leverage bitcoin and blockchain technology for global philanthropy.

If you know a registered nonprofit charity, please encourage them to apply on the fund's website! While I prefer supporting registered charities, I am open to supporting charitable causes as well. Check out the website Smiley

https://pineapplefund.org/

You are one of the lucky ones. I wish I would've found out about Crypto when Bitcoin came out. But how? It's hard to hear about new things when they are new. Once they are in media, everybody knows about it and the competition grows.
Crypto_Happy_Sad

Activity: 154
Merit: 47

BE-RACEFUL GRACEFUL

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:17:49 PM

A complete BOW for this Tremendous act from you !

Real heroes like you are needed more and more !!!!
Cazemiro

Activity: 252
Merit: 31

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:25:13 PM

Nice words, BTC changing the world. Congratulations for the cause, and for trying helping charitable.
lilinatation

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:30:53 PM

You are promoting a business and you are saying that you wanna share your earnings. I hope you are honest. If you are come to me if you have time. You can give money without spending money to be able to give more money after.
djmcg

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:27:36 PM

It's great what you do.
Well, there are people in this world who want to help others and promote BITCOIN
 Smiley
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:44:55 PM

What a wonderful gesture. Thank you very much for your kindness. I am pretty sure the communities you are donating to will forever be grateful. Its good to see someone taking the BTC profits towards a charitable cause. Unfortunately i doubt many will even acknowledge the good you are doing because we have become a community that cares only about themselves.
TooLate26

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:07:55 PM

We haven't chance to jump into BTC earlier and now we can't afford that  Sad Sad
bitorama

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:12:18 PM

5750 BTC ? a huge amount
EligahGershberg

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:14:45 PM

I need a time-machine! I would definitely find whom to help if I had such possibility...
coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:18:46 PM

Congratulations for managing this campaign. Of course most of us don't have the amount you have but I'm pretty sure many others follow the logic of charity work once they start to get something...

Please consider creating many happy children by donating to LOSEV.

http://www.losev.org.tr/v2/en/content.asp?ctID=501

I think their website (English version) has issues with Adobe Flash player. You can contact them by visiting following page:
http://www.losev.org.tr/v2/en/content.asp?ctID=482
MJunioR

Activity: 67

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:25:56 PM

Charity is always nice to see, hope you keep doing this.
pendul

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:10:47 PM

Hello Dev! Can you chech one project please? Think you will like it! It is about our food quality and control of that: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2678812.msg27350371#msg27350371
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: