Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:39:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm donating 5057 BTC to charitable causes! Introducing The Pineapple Fund  (Read 441 times)
colonel_koval

Activity: 62
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:39:44 PM

Hi

there is this greatest (in terms of media coverage, fund raising capability, and recognition, and also in terms of the good they do) charity in Poland which is called Wielka Orkiestra Świątecznej Pomocy (Great Orchestry of Christmas Charity). It seems that the event for last year is already over, but they accept bitcoin and I have learnt about it only now.

I highly recommend it for your consideration next year. OR, you might want to contact Jerzy Owsiak, he is a very recognized person in Poland, and support his fundation mid-year.

They do a lot of good stuff for sick kids in Poland, providing public hospitals with very expensive equipment for newborns and supporting health-care and life support for the newborns with their funds.

https://bitbay.net/en/crowdfunding/great-orchestra-of-christmas-charity-2018

Thanks!
BenOnceAgain

Activity: 208
Merit: 84

🌐 www.btric.org 🌐

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 12:49:28 AM

Hi All,

I just wrote an article on Medium about the Pineapple Fund and their two match commitments that they've announced between now and March 10, 2018.  It's a great opportunity for your cryptocurrency donation to go further and support some great causes!

Check it out:

Pineapples and Ecstasy: Charitable Giving in the Bitcoin Era
https://medium.com/btric/pineapples-and-ecstasy-charitable-giving-in-the-bitcoin-era-45683de6df61

Thanks,
Ben

Dream it. Plan it. Build it.
Need help with your project? [MY WEBSITE] | [MY COMPANY] | [BLOG] | [TWITTER] | [LINKEDIN] | [EMAIL]
Want to help support the blockchain charity I'm building? [LEARN ABOUT BTRIC] | [DONATE] | [TWITTER] | [EMAIL]
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:06:07 AM

* Donated $500k to BitGive Foundation, a charity building projects that leverage bitcoin and blockchain technology for global philanthropy.

wow, i never knew there are already bitgive foundation, if they really exist, i admire them for having a big heart in helping others thru the use of bitcoin, i hope you are honest to your intention in posting this, not for the sake of having a merit piled up on your profile for this wonderful words of admiration. if this is true be rest assure i will support this, and even repost this, or gather different organizations that cater also the needy. if i become rich someday, put me on your list of philanthropist.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
BenOnceAgain

Activity: 208
Merit: 84

🌐 www.btric.org 🌐

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 06:14:29 PM

* Donated $500k to BitGive Foundation, a charity building projects that leverage bitcoin and blockchain technology for global philanthropy.

wow, i never knew there are already bitgive foundation, if they really exist, i admire them for having a big heart in helping others thru the use of bitcoin, i hope you are honest to your intention in posting this, not for the sake of having a merit piled up on your profile for this wonderful words of admiration. if this is true be rest assure i will support this, and even repost this, or gather different organizations that cater also the needy. if i become rich someday, put me on your list of philanthropist.

Yes they are a great organization and have been around for several years.  They have a great initiative that they launched last year and it seems to have progressed a good deal since that beta release called GiveTrack.  It reminds me of Kiva if you're familiar with that service, but seems to be more transparent and accountable to donors.  You should check it out: https://www.givetrack.org/

The website of the foundation is: https://bitgivefoundation.org/, they have a wealth of information about cryptocurrency and charitable giving.

Best regards,
Ben

Dream it. Plan it. Build it.
Need help with your project? [MY WEBSITE] | [MY COMPANY] | [BLOG] | [TWITTER] | [LINKEDIN] | [EMAIL]
Want to help support the blockchain charity I'm building? [LEARN ABOUT BTRIC] | [DONATE] | [TWITTER] | [EMAIL]
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: