Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:51:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bfgminer Help?  (Read 467 times)
sylance (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:07:07 PM

Hey gang... as expected I'm new to bitcoin mining and I think I'm figuring it a lot out.  I have my Radeon gaming laptop mining with guiminer and another laptop mining with an Asic Block Eruptor with bfgminer.  I have a question though.

Where can I go to get an idiots guide to bfgminer?  I'd like to switch my GPU mining from guiminer over to bfgminer.  I got it setup but it cranks my laptop to the max, I get 150 MH/s but I can't use my laptop and my temps go up to 80C.

I'd like to learn how to throttle the work down to keep my temps 70-75c.  Any help please?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Zanatos666

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:24:56 PM

Most of the guides and things you find for cgminer will work for bfgminer.  The commands and things are the same.  So if you cant find what you are looking for under bfgminer, look for cgminer.

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
sylance (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:56:48 PM

Awesome... thank you.  I'll check into that.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: