Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:07:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why decentralization is so important for crypto?  (Read 263 times)
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:36:19 PM

decentralization is the most important feature of cryptocurrency like you have listed and otherwise any government would control and track or tax the crypto transaction so what difference will it make from fiat? it will be not possible to regulate the decenteralized crypto

Slava79 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 17

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:14:38 PM

The question you gave really poked my curiosity...

Thank you, good to know my thinking finds response in other people's minds, so to speak )

You see what I mean, decentralization is just a tool selected by Satoshi to achieve independence from the government institutions. As for me, instead of "decentralization", which is just a tool, would be more correct to use "independence" word.

People need independent currency, not necessarily decentralized, isn't this assumption correct?

When Bitcoin whitepater  was published, Tor/Onion services were in their infancy, not really widely used. Who knows, would Nakamoto selected onion routing to achieve independence instead of decentralization otherwise?

Wouldn't such a currency be more independend then some of the DAG based currencies from the top 50?

Building a JavaScript Smart Contracts Engine
Github | Site | Chat
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 07:18:31 PM

I don't think people do valued decentralisation as people make it to be, new set of people entering the space are after profit, what people are after is money which Bitcoin has given most of the early adopters.

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
ace9989

Activity: 177
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:19:24 PM

Yes, decentralization is important for Bitcoin because the reasons you've listed.

Bitcoin could be easily taken down by governments if it wasn't decentralized, it's comparable to the torrent protocol in that way.

This doesn't mean that there isn't centralization within the Bitcoin ecosystem, most people choose to exchange Bitcoin for fiat and altcoins through centralized exchanges.
But as a user you're not forced to make use of any centralized infrastructure, you can easily just use the blockchain for p2p transactions.

Here's a pretty good article from Erik Voorhees about the matter:
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitcoin-truly-decentralized-yes-important-1421967133/

THanks for this it helps me ill read the article later !:)
chimcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:35:56 PM

In addition to Bitcoin decentralization,   Bitcoin's most important features—and perhaps its true core innovation—is its decentralized structure. Bitcoin has no central control: no central repository of information, no central management, and, crucially, no central point of failure. Finally, it obvious that without decentralization, there will be no cryptocurrency.
Slava79 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 17

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:49:31 PM

Finally, it obvious that without decentralization, there will be no cryptocurrency.

I agree, it seems so, but not necessarily true. If some reputable enough entity would be able to guarantee independence without decentralisation, wouldn't it count as a currency?

Building a JavaScript Smart Contracts Engine
Github | Site | Chat
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: