Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:31:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which wallet is the best for Bitcoin Now?  (Read 396 times)
bougieboyy

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:31:56 PM

Just got my Trezor, very happy with it! Not to mention it's the safest option. Storing in an online wallet or hard drive wallet is to sketchy. Hackers are on the rise with the bitcoin price going up.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
378budiman

Activity: 299
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:36:53 PM

Someone said that now he uses blockchain but he wants to move to trozan but I'm thinking of moving to trezor.
farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:38:42 PM

You could use electrum wallet.I have been using it or the past two years.Its safe to use.We could even set our transaction fee manually.But it should have to be downloaded from official website Electrum.org and not from fake websites.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:18:12 AM

I personally use Bread wallet and i never have a problem with it, always work for me.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:28:55 PM

In fact the best thing that you can do is just get yourself a hardware wallet, maybe you are thinking that this is a joke, but a lot of people have already lost their bitcoins because they were storing their btc's in an online wallet.

And they are not expensive, just tell me, do you think that paying $49 for a single wallet is expensive? of course not, becuase you are going to protect it almost forever.

Coinbase is safe, the same happens with blockchain.info, but they are online wallets, and that is why i have never liked them, a hacker can get your funds easy from there.

Just get a trezor
Trezor or Ledger Nano S is equal in functionality but only the price that makes difference.
Online wallets (not giving out private keys) are not safe, so you should only store little amount of bitcoin in online wallets. Other wallets on the web are a bit safer, if they give you your private key or seed, but you should consider that if you have to use your private key or seed on a webpage to interact with your wallet, you have to input it on the webpage. There are several possible points of attack: Keylogger built into keyboard, keylogger built into the OS on the PC, malware on the PC, phising website to grab your key, or man in the middle attack while your key are on the way to the website (travelling on the web from your PC to the wallet's server).
If you use a hardware wallet, the private key or seed won't be shared with anyone (PC, keyboard, internet, website, etc.) With a hardware wallet, you only send signed transactions from your PC, from which the private key or seed is not extractable. Everything in the process that needs a private key happens on the hardware wallet itself this is why they are really safe choice.
You pay for this safety and not only for a wallet itself.

I personally use one on exchange and my big prize is on Ledger Nano S. Friend recommend to me and Im more then pleased with this and would highly recommend it to anyone to use it. Simple and with no worries, except when you lose your 12 word pass then can be little tricky.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

degraff

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:41:37 PM

Electrum for bigger amount, Mycelium for smaller amount in mobile phone

Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:44:01 PM

I personally use electrum wallet, it is easy to setup and very secure..  I don't think storing BTC in online wallets is a good idea.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1848
Merit: 370

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:47:11 PM

In my country (Philippines) the best wallet for us Filipinos is coins.ph because in this wallet we can easily convert our bitcoins to Philippine peso which is really convenient for use and also this wallet has many features like paying bills online.
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 01:50:31 PM

I have been using coinbase and blockchain.info  for the last two years. They are very safe and convenient. I haven't had any problem with them. I have also used electrum which is also a good desktop wallet.

PhucS

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:54:10 PM

Hello Everyone,

There are few famous wallets for bitcoin like blockchain and coinbase. But actually, i have been using them for a long time ago. But I want to get another good wallet. So, which one will be better? Please Suggest Me.

Thank You.
There are some previous topics related to this issue, you can refer to them. I will also have a few tips for you. If you own a lot of Bitcoins and need security, you can use hardware wallet as the Trezor or Nano S, which is very safe and very good. Another alternative for you is Electrum, it's a software wallet on the computer, I'm using it and feel pretty good about both security and asset control issues. This is my own opinion, the choice is yours Cheesy

supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:01:17 PM

Hello Everyone,

There are few famous wallets for bitcoin like blockchain and coinbase. But actually, i have been using them for a long time ago. But I want to get another good wallet. So, which one will be better? Please Suggest Me.

Thank You.

You have to pick the wallet based on your usage I am using blockchain wallets it is secured than coinbase because it have private key so your savings will be secured.But if your going to store your bitcoin for long term or your have more than one bitcoin then it is better to go with hardware wallet or paper wallet like electrum.
romeitaly

Activity: 308
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:13:58 PM

Hello Everyone,

Thank You.
At this moment, I am using an e-wallet which is an online app to store my Bitcoin. It is a bit secured , why do i know? because accounts are connected to another account. It is called as coins, from that I am able to convert my Bitcoin into fiat or regular currency especially if it s not yet legal in your country. so that I would still be allowed to use it.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:30:12 PM

I personally suggest having multiple wallets to avoid being hacked. Have a wallet to be used for receiving bitcoins, a different wallet to be used for sending bitcoins, and another one or a cold storage/hardware wallet to be used to store your bitcoins secretly and offline. I would recommend Ledger Nano S for hardware wallet. Having a storage of your bitcoins means that you are storing it for long term for you not to withdraw easily.
Vasilije69

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:30:48 PM

I think the best one is TREZOR. I can't say for sure since I don't own any yet.
 I wanted to order it but it seems they are out of stock now. So, I will order it when next sale appears.
sr32703

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 02:32:23 PM

Actually, both are equal safe but I used coinbase & I think coinbase is the best for bitcoin.

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:34:22 PM

Coinbase is okay as a wallet but the fact you do not control your own keys is always a problem, Blockchain you can have your keys so if they do go down you should be able to retrieve your coins.

I find Mycelium is a great wallet for Android, you get your keys and the interface is very user friendly, the best of all would be to use a hardware wallet and they are quite cheap now.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 02:43:36 PM

This question seems to get asked every week. Get a hardware wallet, either a Nano S or Trezor. Trezors are not delicate I have an original from 2014 that still works fine.

jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:55:18 PM

Hello Everyone,

Thank You.
blockchain and coinbase is most trusted wallet in always. Because these two wallet are more secured in cryptocurrency. But if you want to choose another wallet Electrum is the good in current market.
Many peoples are using in Electrum it is one of the top 10 wallet. In future many updates are available in this wallet. So this is suit for everywhere.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:58:02 PM

you can try blockchain.info to keep your Bitcoins safe, also, you can use hardware wallets.
P60

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:58:58 PM

Actually, both are equal safe but I used coinbase & I think coinbase is the best for bitcoin.
It is the first time I heard about coinbase; in regard on my opinion, I think coins.ph is a good too for Bitcoin. It is very popular here in my country and it is really easy to use and understand. I recommend it to all my friends.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: