Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:36:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to claim hardfork coins?  (Read 131 times)
zakero (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:35:48 PM

I have some satoshi in my blockchain wallet. I was wondering how to claim the equivalent amount of coins because of all the Bitcoin hardfork like Bitcoin Diamond, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin United, etc.

Thanks in advance.
wisdommember

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:52:39 PM

i guess......the specific wallets will send newsletters that they can storage now the forks and after that there will be a process how to claim your coins.
seizetehday5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:14:13 AM

I don't think you will get to claim because in order to claim you have to hold your private keys and if you used blockchain.info to hold your funds you likely do not have your private keys (not sure I have never used them). Alternatively look for statements made by them discussing how they will handle the forks because all big websites have offered a reasoning and a timeline for coin distribution. For instance because of my friend who has funds on Coinbase they are going to get Bitcoin Cash in January I believe and that is transparent as can be.

m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:21:49 AM

I have some satoshi in my blockchain wallet. I was wondering how to claim the equivalent amount of coins because of all the Bitcoin hardfork like Bitcoin Diamond, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin United, etc.

Thanks in advance.

When claiming hard fork coins, GOOGLE is going to be your best friend. There is a vast array of resources available online and you will always find a guide on how to claim your coins. I've even done some googling for you and heres a video nontheless for claiming your bitcoin diamond: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i5lUkppccI

Just do the same and even search youtube for the other coins you'd like to claim.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
digaran2

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:28:03 AM

now here that the ETH will hardfork, anyone can tell us how to get the ETH hardfork coins? thank u very much.
WhichIsGood

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Young, Dumb & Broke

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:01:52 AM

Thanks in advance.

That depends whether you were holding some bitcoins on your blockchain wallet before the fork and if blockchain supports the fork. If you did have some on your wallet before the fork and blockchain also supported the fork, I think they will give you instructions on how to claim the forked coins. Otherwise, you don't get to have them.

mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 03:14:12 PM

Thanks in advance.

The steps are the following:
1. Move your coins to a new address.
2. Find a wallet of the forked coin (usually the one proposed by the developers of the forked coin)
3. Insert to this wallet the private keys (you had from the pre forked coin)
4. Spend your coins

Before you do anything it would be better to read this forum for more informations and learn what replay protection means.
zakero (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:46:48 PM

Thank you so much everyone. Got what I needed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: