Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:55:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Our terrible experience dealing with the exchange HitBTC  (Read 142 times)
Taro_Naza (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:08:31 PM

Hello;
I am a team member on the LeviarCoin project (XLC) and in the early stages of this project (ICO stage) we were contacted by HitBTC to list LeviarCoin (IOU) on their exchange, We accepted and It was listed on HitBTC, the ICO failed but we believe in our project and we decided to continue working on it, Our blockchain is up and running but the XLC wallet on HitBTC is locked and you can’t deposit or withdraw any coins and when you try to do these operations, a message appears that says:

“Please note that XLC is an IOU for future issued token. Until the blockchain is     released withdrawals and deposits are unavailable. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.”

After the ICO was over we contacted them over and over again to open the wallet for people to deposit and withdraw LeciarCoin, in the beginning they responded to our emails then after a while they stopped responding to our emails, now our coin (IOU) is being traded there and the wallets are locked and we have no idea what they are doing and why. There is other things that happened but I don’t want to mention them here because I want to give HitBTC the benefit of the doubt and hopefully come to a solution for this problem.

So I am writing here to ask you people especially the developers who dealt with HitBTC before, what’s your advice? What should we do in this situation? ………….. And maybe just maybe someone from HitBTC will see this post and let us know what’s going on on their side. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
texasman86

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:24:00 AM

Why is XLC trading at a 700% premium on HitBTC versus Cryptopia?

I'd recommend ringing bells left and right - reddit, twitter, facebook, slack, telegram, etc etc etc. Hoping they fix your issue promptly.
Taro_Naza (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:29:21 AM

I'd recommend ringing bells left and right - reddit, twitter, facebook, slack, telegram, etc etc etc. Hoping they fix your issue promptly.

I think they are trying to manipulate the price by locking the wallet.
tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:42:22 PM

What is an IOU?
It’s very important to understand that during the initial phase new coins don’t exist yet, people are buying IOU (“i owe you”) – not the coins themselves, but the obligations. As soon as fundraising phase is over, IOUs are being transformed into usual tokens.
https://blog.hitbtc.com/ico-faq/

Ico is finished and the token should be available. I think you should coordinate with developers leciar coin to solve the problem that happened in hitbtc.
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 10:42:22 PM

I think alot of other people have had such issues which were resolved later.However,Hitbtc is now becoming notorious for so many shady things they do.I think it is about time they work on their reputation before traders jump of their exchange.After all there are new exchanges popping up daily.I will recommend you tag them on social media posts,they may be too busy responding to support tickets.

Taro_Naza (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:04:33 PM

What is an IOU?
It’s very important to understand that during the initial phase new coins don’t exist yet, people are buying IOU (“i owe you”) – not the coins themselves, but the obligations. As soon as fundraising phase is over, IOUs are being transformed into usual tokens.
https://blog.hitbtc.com/ico-faq/

Ico is finished and the token should be available. I think you should coordinate with developers leciar coin to solve the problem that happened in hitbtc.
We are the team behind LeviarCoin and we have been trying to reach o HitBTC to solve this but ignore us completely.
Taro_Naza (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:06:20 PM

I think alot of other people have had such issues which were resolved later.However,Hitbtc is now becoming notorious for so many shady things they do.I think it is about time they work on their reputation before traders jump of their exchange.After all there are new exchanges popping up daily.I will recommend you tag them on social media posts,they may be too busy responding to support tickets.
We have been contacting them for almost 3-4 months now.... no answer whatsoever.
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 05:33:58 AM

We have been contacting them for almost 3-4 months now.... no answer whatsoever.

3-4 months of no answering is totally terribly act and this could tell us that hitbtc are not so serious dealing up with the error occur on them or they might doing really a shady business with their site, And for piling up with those problem well I think they are worst in terms with that side since if they are legit like other exchanges then they should never be stock with those past errors, Hitbtc is not a good site to trade as I see this error keep splendid.

Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 08:51:00 AM

I think they are trying to manipulate the price by locking the wallet.

Yes definietly. I always am suspicious when coins are different prices. WHen they are then you know it is the blockchain that is different. But how is hitbtc running the coin do they have their own nodes?

Taro_Naza (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:59:49 AM

3-4 months of no answering is totally terribly act and this could tell us that hitbtc are not so serious dealing up with the error occur on them or they might doing really a shady business with their site, And for piling up with those problem well I think they are worst in terms with that side since if they are legit like other exchanges then they should never be stock with those past errors, Hitbtc is not a good site to trade as I see this error keep splendid.

I agree. that so not professional. we are listed on cryptopia and it is really to contact them we did two blockchain updates and in everytime it was so easy contacting them and they quicky update things on their side. imagine if you have to do that with HitBTC it will be a NIGHTMARE. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: