Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:50:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Better to get your crypto-coins out of USA ?  (Read 132 times)
henke1 (OP)

Activity: 261
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:29:38 PM

Greedy uncle SAM want your crypto's Roll Eyes
https://www.coindesk.com/uncle-sams-surprise-tax-reform-impact-crypto-investors/ 

salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:46:06 AM

Lol, your crypto coins are not in USA, they're in blockchain Smiley. It might be that you as a citizen are affected, but you cannot "get your crypto-coins out of USA". Bitcoin is somewhat traceable so if someone wants to hide the funds, he will move to monero or some other coin which is fully anonymous.
baradfo

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:04:14 AM

reading how this plays out is it comes down to the adage "don't keep your coins on an exchange." it's that simple. This is only going to target the coins on an exchange and when you transfer coin to fiat and coin to coin. This would be one consequence of the IRS targeting Coinbase.
scout5

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:09:18 AM

Bitcoin wallets has no demographic, unless you're using coinbase or exchanges as wallets.
henke1 (OP)

Activity: 261
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:17:56 PM

Any American bitcoin investors who were hoping to avoid paying taxes for their profits this year by trading them for altcoins are in for an unpleasant surprise. New regulations have been tailored specifically to make sure U.S. taxpayers can’t use this method to avoid giving the IRS their cut.
https://news.bitcoin.com/trading-bitcoin-for-an-altcoin-wont-shield-you-from-the-irs-anymore/
 Roll Eyes
kueyen

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:21:08 PM

Where are you going to take them? I mean you should keep them in your offline wallets, of course, but in terms of taxation, pretty much every country is going to eventually tax it anyway. I'd rather pay my tax and have peace of mind rather than constantly worry about what the government will do when they see the winnings I made off of cryptocurrencies.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: