Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:12:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I will buy Bitcoins via Paypal ($10.00 USD for Current Mt. Gox BTC Rate)  (Read 10849 times)
Anonymous

January 05, 2011, 08:49:34 AM

True enough. But consider that he does not know that, and we can't know where he got his PP.

talkinrock is not being personally insulted here. Chances are that his $11 PP is OK and chances are he would not mess around. But as a business policy, PP can't be acceptable for trade into cash.

indeed, running a business of trading 'cash-like goods' for paypal is dangerous. but occasional one-off p2p small trades... are probably ok if you can establish trust.

I agree with that.

I would never set up a currency exchange using paypal either.

Smiley   

Am I right that mass pay uses money from bank accounts ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mndrix
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 05, 2011, 04:27:37 PM

Am I right that mass pay uses money from bank accounts ?

I think Mass Pay's only requirement is that it must be funded from PayPal balance, not from a credit card.
mndrix
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 05, 2011, 04:34:15 PM

True enough. But consider that he does not know that, and we can't know where he got his PP.

This is probably the most important point to remember when dealing with PayPal.  As an example of how fraud trickles through the PayPal network via unwitting accomplices, see the story at http://www.aboutpaypal.org/stolen_accounts_fraudulent_funds_on_paypal
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2011, 12:37:10 AM

no steady flow of income from a full-time job? What do you do then?

Well you do what you would normally do, get a job....that pays bitcoin. It's not complicated and actually when using bitcoin it's easier to understand than in the normal economy.

In normal life you try to "get a job" and you "get paid" for "working", this is how most people see it. But actually you get paid for doing something for someone that they think is valuable enough to pay you for.

You COULD just try to buy your way into the bitcoin community with outside cash, but why bother, why not just work for someone who will pay you bitcoin?

What can you do? What are you good at? Tell us? Everyone can do something, you must have some kind of skill that is worth payin for.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 06, 2011, 12:46:02 AM

My dad, as much as I beg him, almost never lets me take a single penny out of my bank; he most definitely would NEVER let me do a transaction, especially a wire with it with some unknown person online! My dad (the techie of my parents) also will not let me link my bank account to my PayPal, so I rely solely on him putting money in my PayPal for me, as well as deposits from transactions for various "self-employed" jobs I do.

With bitcoin, teenagers can achieve independence from their own parents, and parents do not have to worry about credit card debt!

Anonymous

January 06, 2011, 01:56:33 AM

One option would be to wait for 180 days before releasing the coins lol.

Thats not realistic though .
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2011, 10:37:24 AM

But what if you're a kid like me with no bank account, except one VERY small one that has a no steady flow of income from a full-time job? What do you do then? My dad, as much as I beg him, almost never lets me take a single penny out of my bank; he most definitely would NEVER let me do a transaction, especially a wire with it with some unknown person online! My dad (the techie of my parents) also will not let me link my bank account to my PayPal, so I rely solely on him putting money in my PayPal for me, as well as deposits from transactions for various "self-employed" jobs I do. And as far as I know, I don't think you are able to buy Pecunix or Liberty Reserve currency with PayPal or a debit card, are you? Otherwise, I would be using one or both of those two services.
Cash in the mail

Vinnie

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2011, 10:33:01 PM

I know it's already been said, but #bitcoin-otc!

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
nanotube

Activity: 482
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2011, 11:02:37 PM

I can't seem to figure out how IRC clients work. I tried mIRC and some other one (I forget the name), but I just couldn't get it to work! If anybody could give a link to a foolproof, step-by-step tutorial on setting up freenode or any IRC client tutorial (NOT the crappy and basic eHow and Wikihow tutorials), I would appreciate it very much.

your browser is the easiest. just clicky this link:
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#bitcoin-otc

Join #bitcoin-market on freenode for real-time market updates.
Join #bitcoin-otc - an over-the-counter trading market. http://bitcoin-otc.com
OTC web of trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/trust.php
My trust rating: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=nanotube
talkinrock (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:23:17 AM

@Moderators, can you please delete this thread?

I'm no longer using Bitcoin, and am trying to remove my presence on the Bitcointalk forum...

Thanks!

-talkinrock
jakedeez

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:59:00 PM

@Moderators, can you please delete this thread?

I'm no longer using Bitcoin, and am trying to remove my presence on the Bitcointalk forum...

Thanks!

-talkinrock

Sketchy!  Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: