Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:49:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Got this in a Reddit message - Is he talking about IOTA?  (Read 65 times)
Saddleup544 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:24:01 AM

For the past two years, I along with the dedication of a handful of colleagues have devoted the majority of my time to the creation,development, and (until 3 short weeks ago) deployment of a hardware that I have good reason to believe would have been a monumental step in medical technology within the next year. Data transfer is and has been the backbone of this project. This is where blockchain technology (Bitcoin’s gift to the technological world) came into play. For over a year, all development was based around this. Mid 2017, our research team found that the capabilities of a little known open source data transfer technology that was very similar to that of blockchain but far superior in many ways. A decision was made to scrap previous development and start 80 percent of what we’d poured our lives into for the past 18+ months and reconfigure the entire platform around this (remember this point) open source tech. We reached what I would consider final development stages a little over a month prior to this writing. Pre-launch events and branding have been scheduled and paid for, legal documentation in order, etc. What would most likely be a future multibillion dollar corporation with a noble goal was set to launch in 2018. This was all put to an immediate halt 3 weeks ago when our legal department was contacted by a very well known corporation that I (for unfair but good reason) am not allowed to name. We had been informed that the rights to an open source (remember that point?) string of data in our product was in the process of being acquired and until final documentation was in order, it was in our best interest to cooperate and cease any and all development or future press related to the product. We were also “asked” not to disclose any details to press, public, or even family. In the following days, we were given what was described to as but far from an option. We could continue development with the promise of a legal battle for our corporation that was founded entirely from day one within the boundaries of every legal and/or ethical guideline that exists, or we could agree to an acquisition by this corporation. We were presented with a non negotiable acquisition offer based on time and financed used over the course of the 6 months after which we implemented the open source (There it is again!) platform that I mentioned earlier in this writing. 6 months that represents in my opinion 20 percent of what I value at at least a 7 digit US Dollar figure worth of time and capitol. An option was given, but there is no option. If we push forward, there can be 2 outcomes. 1. We lose, and the minuscule offering for what is rightfully ours is no longer an “option.” 2. We somehow “slay” the Corporate Goliath. But here is where once again, a choice has no viable options. Either way, the corporation that myself and many others have pumped life into with our own finances and literal blood sweat and tears (some of them not caring one iota about financial gain) will be bled dry of capitol to the point that even a 20 percent buyout will be absorbed ten fold in the bankrupt shell we’d leave behind. I’m not writing this to win the affection of the public or for financial gain. I’m writing this anonymously because it’s only one story of dozens with the same exact punch line, and there’s going to come a day when we truly realize that we’ve given too much free rein to the money hungry corporate pirates that we are allowing to drain the future of this country and this world of our basic human rights. At the risk of a dramatic or childish sounding wrap up, welcome to “Skynet.”
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:11:18 AM

It's got some IOTA type news bits in it yes, but I don't get the point of this ramble?   Basically saying not to sell out to a big corporate but damned if you do, damned if you don't?
nightmanisrightman

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:15:14 AM

That hurts my eyes not many people are going to read that. At least break it up into chunks and emphasize the important aspects about it or offer a tldr. Maybe IOTA, maybe Byteball, maybe RaiBlocks it is a mystery because of that wall of text Roll Eyes.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: