Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:41:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ‘Bitcoin Creator’ Craig Wright Claims 2018 Will Be the Year of Bitcoin Cash  (Read 121 times)
PlusCoinINK (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 15

PlusCoin [ICO 10 September-10 November]

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:05:02 AM

Australian businessman Craig Wright, infamous for two separate stints as the self-proclaimed creator of the flagship cryptocurrency Bitcoin, recently tweeted out that 2018 will be the year in which Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is brought to its full potential, as limits to what it can achieve won’t be there, and security will be improved.

"2018 is the year we bring Bitcoin to its full potential. BCH will have more security and no more issues with limits on what it can achieve. Op_Codes enabled, Block size not constrained. Time to bring it to the world" -Craig Wright

Bitcoin Cash started so strong but did not seem to make a big impact like Bitcoin does, do you think 2018 will really be the year for BCH?

Source: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-creator-craig-wright-claims-2018-will-be-the-year-of-bitcoin-cash/

rockem5

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

Antifragile

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:08:37 AM

"BCH will have more security". I heavily disagree, having 8mb blocks is definitely a lot more centralized compared to what we have now; hence more vulnerabilities in general.

🔶  Like Trading Cryptocurrencies?📈💱 👇👇👇
🔶  Get a 🔖10% Discount on Binance exchange fees through our exclusive link here. 👈
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:46:46 AM

Bitcoin will eventually be replaced as the cryptocurrency of choice for regular transactions because of all its scalability issues, not to mention the high transaction fees. Really, the only thing that's stopping better designed cryptocurrencies from outright replacing Bitcoin is the lack of gateways into fiat. Coinbase already provides fiat gateways for Ethereum and Litecoin. I don't see either one of those coins as being the ultimate replacement for Bitcoin, though. Ethereum has too many problems with its wallets and network, and Litecoin just isn't interesting to a lot of people. I think it will most likely be several other cryptos which replace Bitcoin. Bitcoin Cash is certainly a possibility. I'd also consider NEM, DNotes, and DMD Diamond as strong contenders. Each one serves a different purpose, which is why I could easily see all three being used. They all have rock solid underlying technology (or are about to upgrade) and are easy to use (for crypto!). I suspect there will be a few others being used as well. STEEM is another possibility, though it has some network issues which could ultimately disqualify it.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:52:17 AM

I think it will be the year of More Bitcoin Claims. 

sent from my X6
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:49:27 AM

These guys are fooling themselves. Keeping the "Bitcoin" on their name only solidifies the fact that it's a knock off. They're never going to be able to win over miners, and they'll be far more vulnerable to network attacks as a result. Bitcoin Cash will be considered obsolete once the Lightning Network rolls out.

Bitcoin will eventually be replaced as the cryptocurrency of choice for regular transactions because of all its scalability issues, not to mention the high transaction fees. Really, the only thing that's stopping better designed cryptocurrencies from outright replacing Bitcoin is the lack of gateways into fiat. Coinbase already provides fiat gateways for Ethereum and Litecoin.
I don't see either one of those coins as being the ultimate replacement for Bitcoin, though. Ethereum has too many problems with its wallets and network, and Litecoin just isn't interesting to a lot of people. I think it will most likely be several other cryptos which replace Bitcoin. Bitcoin Cash is certainly a possibility
. I'd also consider NEM, DNotes, and DMD Diamond as strong contenders. Each one serves a different purpose, which is why I could easily see all three being used. They all have rock solid underlying technology (or are about to upgrade) and are easy to use (for crypto!). I suspect there will be a few others being used as well. STEEM is another possibility, though it has some network issues which could ultimately disqualify it.

Litecoin has faster transaction times, lower transaction fees, and has been growing at a better rate. Bitcoin Cash has always been doomed, as all it ever had going for it was the "Bitcoin" branding. I hold both Ethereum and Litecoin in higher regard.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: