Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:37:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Altcoins Drop In Price Due To Upcoming Bitcoin Forks?  (Read 132 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:01:06 AM

Because certainly people will be converting their altcoins or get more btc? 
sorrysteve1

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:10:54 AM

If there is a perception in the community that the forked coins will be worth something then surely yes. I don't know too much about the upcoming forks but I haven't heard much hype so I'm not expecting them to be too sought after. I also feel the community is probably starting to learn that most of the forks aren't very useful and nor are their coins.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:13:37 AM

BTC Forks are more likely airdrops these days and the coming one appears worthless airdrops.
In the current scenario with #ALTSParty, I dont expect much drop, however, the other plausible reason could be $BTC pottential to hit a new ATH, if that happens then for sure we are gonna see a blood bath.

PS: I always keep ETH and LTC to refuge at such times, they make your money safe.
habaratbu

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:11:28 AM

People dont care about these forks like the old days so there wont be any problem with the alts when the useless forks happens.

kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:36:57 AM

Bitcoin hard forks have lost their steam. Not everyone takes them serious anymore, the names are even get more ridiculous such as Bitcoin god, bitcoin buddha e.t.c Though if the fork proposes something good and stirs a buzz within the bitcoin community they will sure be some movement from altcoins to bitcoins.
matico

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:39:52 AM

Altcoin value is always dependent on the Bitcoin! People may not be able to change their altcoin as fast as possible to bitcoin because of delay in bitcoin network and the fee! One thing is sure though, Bitcon will not drop in value

aanbudi

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:59:34 AM

From previous experience, we can see that Altcoins has decreased in price when Bitcoin has Hardfork. Yet from my observations the decrease in Hardfork is smaller than the price drop when the Bitcoin price rises. Because all eyes are on Bitcoin.
masijjal

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:06:28 AM

I think it will be the same as some hardfork bitcoin before. Maybe there will be some altcoin that will decrease but not all. It looks like ethereum will survive at today's stable price
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:10:34 AM

Altcoins are dropping even without fork I don't think alternative coins are really good investment to take, they are highly value when introduce in the market but as the time passes by they lose their worth and all our investment will go into nothing like what happen to most ICO, they distributed it and promise that the value will be appreciated but when the time comes that it can be traded the value drops so bad.

13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:22:09 AM

Not really, all the newer and upcoming forks are just trying to create money out of thin air without any goals on how they can improve the protocol from core and all the other forks. Expect an instantaneous dump with the price peeking at a two digit figure per coin, nothing more. As far as altcoins go, they should remain uninfluenced and continue in their paths.
mikyadel

Arabic Translator

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:27:40 AM

i don't think so , finally altcoins begin pumping again and these worthless forks won't influence them

Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:33:40 AM

I think of course the altcoin price is definitely down because people definitely move their altcoin into bitcoin "hope they get clone 1 = 1 like bitcoin cash"
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 07:24:03 AM

no because these upcoming altcoins (the forks) are without any value. they will probably start being listed at 100 satoshi and generally prices that low which means it is not even worth it to claim them anymore.

additionally the altcoins get pumped when bitcoin price is stable and now it is stable so they will get pumped instead. if bitcoin starts rising they will get dumped though.

--looking for signature--
8count

Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:28:52 AM

Altcoins are dropping even without fork I don't think alternative coins are really good investment to take, they are highly value when introduce in the market but as the time passes by they lose their worth and all our investment will go into nothing like what happen to most ICO, they distributed it and promise that the value will be appreciated but when the time comes that it can be traded the value drops so bad.

I think what you have to remember when investing in a ICO is it will take time to see the benefits. At least 1 yr IMHO.
1st off as soon as it hits the exchange bounty hunters dump it.
2nd Most projects are only just starting to build the project and get the ball rolling.

Once the project is up and fulling running then people get interested in it and can see its full value.
So only invest money into a project you can just put a side and have a look at maybe a yr or so down the track.
Most of the top altcoins that have seen nice rises lately have been around a while and proven their worth.

Look that's is my option anyway, but i'm no expert
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:32:17 AM

yes .. they sell alt to be converted into btc, after getting airdrop from btc. they will buy alt again, because the price is still dump.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: