Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:25:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I purchase cryptocurrency with prepaid cards?  (Read 173 times)
Rmoudatir (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:46:59 AM

I live in the US and I am thinking of investing a little money on cryptocurrency, I  want to purchase a prepaid card but I heard from some that you can't purchase it with it and others you can. I wanted to purchase Ripple and other cryptocurrency but is there a way you can recomend that I follow to purchase them?
ihaveaquestion

Activity: 563
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:52:16 AM

Well, you are in the US, i would suggest you to buy on cex.io with a credit card, i am not sure if prepaid cards are working right now, but they have the same function as a debit card.

Anyway, you will have to provide your id's for the kyc and aml regulations, so you will have to do both anyway.

I live in the US and I am thinking of investing a little money on cryptocurrency, I  want to purchase a prepaid card but I heard from some that you can't purchase it with it and others you can.

Try to do it right, you know that everybody is very exigent with the US citizens about cryptos, because the sellers are taking a huge risk while they are selling to you.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:58:59 AM

I live in the US and I am thinking of investing a little money on cryptocurrency, I  want to purchase a prepaid card but I heard from some that you can't purchase it with it and others you can. I wanted to purchase Ripple and other cryptocurrency but is there a way you can recomend that I follow to purchase them?

Here in our country I have heard of no such thing on buying a cryptocurrency or maybe bitcoin by a credit or debit card. However there are still some via my research that said it accepts credit card paument and exchanging which is way advanced than here
Gibreil

Activity: 805
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 04:10:11 AM

I think you can purchase via prepaid cards because you live in US and it is possible if others from your country tried it. In my case, I don't have a notice that we can buy by the use prepaid cards. We can cash in our money by the help of establishments.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:28:34 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 05:02:53 AM by Catmony

To buy other altcoins you have to buy bitcoin first because you cant buy altcoins directly with credit card. You can buy bitcoin with credit card from different platforms like cex.io, coinbase.com, bitpanda.com etc but you might end up paying high price because of huge commision they take on every purchase. You can buy bitcoin at market price using your local fiat if you can find some guy near you willing to sell bitcoin for fiat, you can search for them via localbitcoins.

k_kuchkarov

Activity: 238
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:37:55 AM

You can buy any coins on different exchanges, but if you want to buy more promising coins then,
I recommend COMSA (CMS) it could already reach x4 after the price of ICO. And one more perkspecktivny can this one that I have in the signature)
Makest

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:41:23 AM

Yes, You can buy Bitcoin first with a credit card and then you can buy Altcoins because you can buy Altcoins directly with your credit card and you need to buy Bitcoin first.
Rmoudatir (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:19:59 PM

Can I purchase a Amazon giftcard and convert it from Paybis? If I want to buy ripple, would buying Litecoin be the same as bitcoin for converting? Litecoin seems to take less money away than from bitcoin to convert.
ndoromas

Activity: 172
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:49:06 PM

yes you can buy the currency crypto with debit card, credit card, as long as the card is yours Smiley not stealing: P, you just look for local bitcoin market in your country, if confused search in google, then register and so on, so you can buy a crypto currency.

A debit card or an atm card is just a money substitute tool in your wallet, you can trade with your local market by sending some money to buy the crypto currency.

As in my country, Indonesia, there are some bitcoin market markets, after I register and verify with my personal data and send a sum of IDR to my account [deposit in my country money], then I can buy the currency of crypto a certain number of rates specified.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:54:04 PM

Well, you are in the US, i would suggest you to buy on cex.io with a credit card, i am not sure if prepaid cards are working right now, but they have the same function as a debit card.

Anyway, you will have to provide your id's for the kyc and aml regulations, so you will have to do both anyway.

I live in the US and I am thinking of investing a little money on cryptocurrency, I  want to purchase a prepaid card but I heard from some that you can't purchase it with it and others you can.

Try to do it right, you know that everybody is very exigent with the US citizens about cryptos, because the sellers are taking a huge risk while they are selling to you.

I wouldn't advice buying cryptocurrencies with credit cards at all, especially with the charges that the banks will charge you doing just that. Just but it with your physical cash with no hidden fees from the banks.
aray80

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:40:58 AM

I think you can make a purchase in your local market, by sending some money to buy crypto currency through several easy steps such as first exchange your credit card money in digital currency after that, you just purchase it ...
kiboloves

Activity: 242

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:35:50 AM

It is said that in the United States, each state has a difference in the attitude and law of the encrypted currency, which is really a bit of a trouble. The most convenient way, I suggest, do not buy directly, but do not use credit card. You can join the group of miners in the US or Canada, exchange it directly into bitcoin with dollar, and buy ripple with bitcoin. If he had ripple, it would be the best.
chuongvannguyen02

Activity: 95

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:50:40 AM

I think you can buy altcoin and pay by prepaid card because in the developed countries crypto they always have a trading platform that accepts prepaid cards.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: