Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:24:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Confused where Bitcoins will go with Jalapeno and BFL Easyminer  (Read 6739 times)
D_Thomas (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:32:17 AM

My 7GH Jalapeno arrived today! Ordered in October 2012 so it was a nice surprise. I loaded the Butterflylabs Easyminer software. It is running and saying I'm earning $421 a month but I have no idea if I'll get the money. I didn't configure Easyminer so I'm surprised it is mining. By default it appears to be pool mining to Eclipse MC. But it also has Eligius and "Others" listed on the Pool Priority list. I only have a pool account at Slush's Fund.  I have been mining with my GPU for about 9 months now so I am not totally clueless. But I feel pretty dumb now not knowing what this thing is doing.

The options to check off I see on BFL Easyminer are:

- Hold funds at pool (Working but how does it know to send money to me?)
- Pool Worker (How would it know from what pool is the worker?)
- Bitcoin Wallet (Picked this & entered my bitcoin address for my Mt.Gox account. Hope that will work.)
- Bit Instant Wallet Number (Whoever they are they charge 5% so not interested.)
- PayPal Email (Hate PayPal. Will not use this option plus they charge 8%.)

Before I got the Jalapeno I was mining with GUIminer and I had it configured with my Slush's Fund info and worker info. So I'm kind of lost not having an Eclipse or Eligius account set up how this works, or if I will get paid. For all I know I'm mining for Butterfly Labs now. LOL.

For random acts of kindness donations to me:
1NXNnVYnfmgWUyzGCsngbwyHQbSJGV4wCV
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 04:42:12 AM

The coins you're mining are going into someone else's account.  You need to set it up for your account.  You should probably just switch to cgminer for everything.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
D_Thomas (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:26:31 AM

I just switched to BFGminer 3.1.3. Easyminer from BFL has a pretty interface but without knowing if the money will come to me I'm out. Can't get registered on the BFL site to download any documentation on the Jalapeno and their Easyminer app so I'll stick with BFGminer. It's churning away at 7.3Gh/s and I can see at Slush's Pool that I am getting credit for the work.

BCX - Maybe you are on to something. Dang, if I ran BFL I'd be tempted to "burn in" each unit it for a week or two for quality control purposes, naturally. LOL

For random acts of kindness donations to me:
1NXNnVYnfmgWUyzGCsngbwyHQbSJGV4wCV
threeip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 05:55:22 AM

If you didn't configure your own pool info, you can bet your bottom BTC that you aren't getting credit for it.

Looks like BFL was mining a while with it before they sent it.

Is this a commonly accepted truth at this stage? I've been speculating this for a while now.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:51:01 AM

surely easyminer was installed by op..on his pc.... its a long jump to bfl must of been mining with his jally.

Am missing something here  Huh

Although am sure they where.   Grin

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Zanatos666

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:05:41 PM

If you didn't configure your own pool info, you can bet your bottom BTC that you aren't getting credit for it.

Looks like BFL was mining a while with it before they sent it.

Is this a commonly accepted truth at this stage? I've been speculating this for a while now.

Jalapenos, and anything that comes from BFL are pre-configured to work with Eclipse, because Josh from BFL, owns Eclipse and of course they would prefer you to mine there.  Doesnt mean it was being used there.  They want you to use their products on their pools, no different than any other company.

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 05:14:30 AM

Wait wait wait, I think you guys are getting confused. Just because a piece of software came preconfigured does NOT mean that BFL was mining on the hardware before shipping it. That's the worst case of deductive reasoning I've seen all week.

EasyMiner came preconfigured with a default pool/worker, and we're all assuming that this is a BFL account where BFL gets the earnings from. This make sense, as they prolly have to ship their software with some default settings. Personally, CGMiner did it better by shipping with no default pool/worker info, so you HAVE to enter in your info. But that's besides the point.

Now this software issue is totally different and INDEPENDENT of whatever mining hardware you're using. I'm sure if you downloaded EasyMiner and started using it to use an FPGA Single without configuring it, it would show the same results.

Any piece of mining hardware cannot tell a mining software what pool/worker/password to use. It's a tool. It doesn't work that way.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:23:25 AM

Wait wait wait, I think you guys are getting confused. Just because a piece of software came preconfigured does NOT mean that BFL was mining on the hardware before shipping it. That's the worst case of deductive reasoning I've seen all week. 

+1

I bought a new car once with 2 miles on the odometer.  But the gas tank was almost empty so the dealer probably drove it more than 2 miles and rolled back the mileage.   Roll Eyes

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
threeip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 05:50:03 PM

EasyMiner came preconfigured with a default pool/worker, and we're all assuming that this is a BFL account where BFL gets the earnings from. This make sense, as they prolly have to ship their software with some default settings. Personally, CGMiner did it better by shipping with no default pool/worker info, so you HAVE to enter in your info. But that's besides the point.

Ok, yes!  Smiley

OP: did the miner log in to a pool account and start mining for it, and do you have the account details?
-or-
did it just have default values for some testing pool and that's that?

ps: i dont really know anything about this, im just seeking clarification.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: