Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:39:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea for a new coin. For experimental purposes.  (Read 502 times)
mckmuze (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:33:19 AM

I think the oportunity to experiment with alternative financial structures is amazing. I would love to see a coin started with pre mining 90% of the coins using merged mining with bitcoin. you would instantly gain network security and stability, and attract miners. Additionally, you could increase the block reward progressively to help mine the last coins. We could experience the last mining days of bitcoin in fast forward. Not to mention see how the proof of stake transition plays out.

I think just for fun, the cool features of all the different coins should be added.
for example.

Zerocoin implementation
PPC Proof Of Stake
Freicoins demurrage
Worldcoin transaction speed
Florin coin transaction comments
And just for the fun of it peg it to USD. lol just to make Max Keiser all warm inside.
Or better yet, peg it to a good ole Com Doll like the Aussie. (mainly because Australia has one of the more transparent central banks) Not sure how a currency peg would work, but Copper Lark is attempting it.
We could also use the Onecoin idea to see how we would need to deal with bitcoins if the value skyrocketed.

I think the demurrage and the peg would be overkill due to the peg to an inflationary currency. Possibly a dual chain currency to be merge mined as one while being merge mined with bitcoin.
OneCoin structure could be pegged while the other coin has demurrage.
Or visa versa.   

just to see all the innovations in action at once would be epic.

A bit much I know, but if were going to experiment lets dump the whole medicine cabinet in. lol

livan

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:22:17 AM

update me on your new coin experiment.
AgentME

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:39:08 AM

I think 100% premining would be even better. Or what about 0% mining and 0% premining? It would be a currency with no coins. It might be revolutionary.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 08:41:27 AM

a currency with no coins. It might be revolutionary.

I strongly suspect that is exactly what the OP plans to develop.

While, of course, looking around to see if anyone is actually doing any of the things he or she is blathering about but has no intention of actually getting to work and doing...

Actually maybe no currency either.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
lamiomni

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:42:26 AM

And we should call it iCoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: