Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:32:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the Bitcoin ATM limits in your country?  (Read 314 times)
Redbackone (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:31:12 AM

I live in Europe (Austria) and I've found that according to coinatmradar there's a wide range of cash limits regarding Anonymous transactions with bitcoin ATMs. I travel quite a bit for work and was curious what the other limits are in countries around the world?

In Austria there appears to be two limits. Some ATMs are listed as EUR500 and others EUR250 without ID. However according to coinatmradar there's one in Bratislava which accepts up to EUR5,000.

Previously I haven't used them as the fees are more than an exchange like Coinbase, however with the increased transaction fees on the network and their lower fees combined it's actually cheaper for me now to use the ATMs. Plus I like the anonymity. Though I have been careful to check the ATM fees prior as some are outrageous.

I understand the owners configure the cash limits but they must be regulated by their countries laws regarding money laundering. As a business like that would be heavily scrutinized.

So what's the limits on the country where you live? If you are lucky enough to have them!
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
badjacks99

Activity: 1050
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:35:06 AM

I heard about a local one a few months ago and was planning on using it. I did some research and I believe if I’m not mistaken you were charging 11 percent on the final total of bitcoin purchased. To me that’s crazy high so I would only use this and worst case scenarios.
Redbackone (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:41:57 AM

I heard about a local one a few months ago and was planning on using it. I did some research and I believe if I’m not mistaken you were charging 11 percent on the final total of bitcoin purchased. To me that’s crazy high so I would only use this and worst case scenarios.

The fees charged on most ATMs here are 3-3.5 percent. I used one yesterday and by the time I got home I'd made the money back. I could transfer straight into an exchange account to avoid the extra transaction fees (which can be quite high now) of moving from a site like Coinbase to HitBTC. Plus Coinbase delayed my last transaction by 72 hours for "verification" purposes. Despite me having completed multiple ID verifications with them (ID, passport, bank account, etc). For convenience and speed I'm happy with the fees.
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:09:25 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 10:02:10 AM by stingers

I live in Europe (Austria) and I've found that according to coinatmradar there's a wide range of cash limits regarding Anonymous transactions with bitcoin ATMs. I travel quite a bit for work and was curious what the other limits are in countries around the world?

In Austria there appears to be two limits. Some ATMs are listed as EUR500 and others EUR250 without ID. However according to coinatmradar there's one in Bratislava which accepts up to EUR5,000.

Previously I haven't used them as the fees are more than an exchange like Coinbase, however with the increased transaction fees on the network and their lower fees combined it's actually cheaper for me now to use the ATMs. Plus I like the anonymity. Though I have been careful to check the ATM fees prior as some are outrageous.

I understand the owners configure the cash limits but they must be regulated by their countries laws regarding money laundering. As a business like that would be heavily scrutinized.

So what's the limits on the country where you live? If you are lucky enough to have them!
India despite of having a large population that has keen interest in Bitcoin, till date doesn't have any bitcoin atm.

I did hear some people and companies talking about installing one BTC ATM in India, but as usual the main problem that would have occurred was getting the clearances from the concerned government offices.

There is very less chance that even if someone pays a huge amount of bribe, then also no one will be able to get permissions to install an ATM here.
kdrama

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:27:46 AM

There are some bitcoin ATM's here in the philippines but there are broken right now but there is one that i didn't see, they said that it has a good rates of limits. well in the near future for sure it will be more if the people will just accept this crypto.

okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:56:57 PM

I don't think we have any Bitcoin ATM in my country and actually we deserve one as many of us are currently having interest in it. Bitcoin's ATM is going to help us in solving withdrawal problem that we are currently facing. For those that want to invest on this side of Bitcoin business I will advise you to come to Africa especially Nigeria were there is great opportunity.
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1520

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 05:16:17 PM

I’m interested in the subject as well, as I also travel around Europe but you are mistaken, because according to the link you put, transactions are not anonymous, as you have to register previously: https://coinatmradar.com/blog/how-to-sell-bitcoins-using-bitcoin-atm/

"When you sell bitcoins for cash using Bitcoin ATM, there are several general steps you need to go:

Verification step (optional, but normally for sell operations the operator will require you to identify yourself, however the identification procedure may vary for different machine types, or even operators running similar machines)"

I’ve been researching the subject prior to reading your post and I also found that you need to register, so they are not anonymous.

atileture

Activity: 258
Merit: 57

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:39:35 PM

in my country we have 0 bitcoin ATM so limit is 0 even our cards have 1000$ daily limit

you can use more than 1 ATM to break limit not like banks
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:51:58 PM

Dude forget of the limit , my country is talking about banning Bitcoin . I read this crap daily in newspapers and this kinda freaks me out because I don't see what is the need to do that. They have probably not given any explanation as to why they are doing that. They just post a small article at the top which probably only stays that Bitcoin on a verge of getting banned in India.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Redbackone (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:41:49 PM

I’m interested in the subject as well, as I also travel around Europe but you are mistaken, because according to the link you put, transactions are not anonymous, as you have to register previously: https://coinatmradar.com/blog/how-to-sell-bitcoins-using-bitcoin-atm/

"When you sell bitcoins for cash using Bitcoin ATM, there are several general steps you need to go:

Verification step (optional, but normally for sell operations the operator will require you to identify yourself, however the identification procedure may vary for different machine types, or even operators running similar machines)"

I’ve been researching the subject prior to reading your post and I also found that you need to register, so they are not anonymous.

Not exactly. The ATMs I've used have two limits. One limit (usually EUR250 or EUR500 depending on the operator) is for without ID (and anonymous) the other is no limit (that I'm aware of) and you have to set up an account with ID verification.

So you can do anonymous transactions but only up to a certain limit each machine, each day.
cyclesolo

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:16:35 PM

There are available bitcoin atms in my country but they aren't fully functioning. It will be a good try to find out how they charge once they start working.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

There are available bitcoin atms in my country but they aren't fully functioning. It will be a good try to find out how they charge once they start working.

If it is not working you can report to the provider you have invested for setting up the bitcoin ATM. I do not find any bitcoin ATM available in my country still there is no people knows completely about yet. Very few people only hear about bitcoin with the little level of knowledge.
I think they will give the paper wallet scam sheet to receive that to your wallet for the amount you have invested on it.
Redbackone (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:59:15 PM

The ones I have used have integrated their fees into the exchange rate. So you buy EUR100 worth of bitcoin they'll give you EUR97 worth at the exchange rate. Most of them average around 3% or so.
chobani

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:59:15 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2018, 02:23:20 AM by chobani

I live in Australia and the highest limit of the Bitcoin ATMs near me have a limit of $10,000 per day. Source: https://www.findbitcoinatm.com.au

My friend has called the operator a couple of times though and let him purchase extra - had to organise to meet him there.
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:27:16 PM

I also live in Europe, but our limits are on zero, because we don't have any ATM. One was for a test in Munich for a short time, but I only found out, as it was gone.
There seems to be an ATM in Vienna, that should provide two-way-exchanging. Sell and buy of Bitcoin. Did you use it already?
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:08:20 PM

I live in Australia and the highest limit of the Bitcoin ATMs near me have a limit of $10,000 per day. Source: FindBitcoinATM

My friend has called the operator a couple of times though and let him purchase extra - had to organise to meet him there.

Same here. In the US, most ATMs are from one of these two providers:

Coin Cloud:
  • $1-$2,000 (lifetime limit) with any valid phone number
  • $2,999 per transaction up to $10,000 daily with ID scan

Genesis:
  • $0-900 with SMS verification
  • $901-$3,500 with ID scan
  • $3,501-$7,000 with ID scan, DOB, last 4 digits SSN

I think Coin Cloud will do higher limits on a case-by-case basis. Not sure what kind of verification is required, though.

I also live in Europe, but our limits are on zero, because we don't have any ATM. One was for a test in Munich for a short time, but I only found out, as it was gone.
There seems to be an ATM in Vienna, that should provide two-way-exchanging. Sell and buy of Bitcoin. Did you use it already?

Indeed, there are no Bitcoin ATMs in Germany. I wonder why? Must be regulatory crap. Apparently there are 54 Bitcoin ATMs in/around Vienna: https://coinatmradar.com/city/178/bitcoin-atm-vienna/

warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:15:33 AM

One thing I wonder about is the Lamassu ATM. How do the operators do their KYC when the ATM is strictly a buy and sell process? IDs and phone numbers are not captured by these ATMs. The device is simply a screen asking if one wants to buy or sell. Below the screen is a slot for inserting money and a camera for scanning QR codes. If the transaction is limited to, say, $3000 per buying event, can't buyers bypass this by buying another $3000 after the first transaction?

The more complex ATMs (Genesis, for example) have ID capturing systems and even biometric scanners. Phone numbers are taken to be sure transaction limits are linked to a specific person and ID.

Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:29:16 AM

-snip-

Indeed, there are no Bitcoin ATMs in Germany. I wonder why? Must be regulatory crap. Apparently there are 54 Bitcoin ATMs in/around Vienna: https://coinatmradar.com/city/178/bitcoin-atm-vienna/
Yes, many thanks. Looks, like there are many two-way-ATM or do I read it wrong? The coinatmradar is really useful as a friend will visit Austria these days, I will print him out the site. Maybe I can persuade him to have a short look, how the ATM work. Smiley I am also wondering, what regulations make it impossible to provide ATM in germany. One seem to be in Bonn for members of "Bitcoin Club Bonn", if it still exists. The regulatories of BaFin seem to be too strict
bfruler

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 04:31:42 PM

So you can do anonymous transactions but only up to a certain limit each machine, each day.

I have never used a Bitcoin ATM myself. I found they are spaced away from a few hours drive each.
Though, what type of mechanism could prevent you to use the same machine numerous times a day. I mean, if the purchase is said to be “anonymous” in the first place, how does that metal box recognizes you ? Can’t you just use as many numerous different wallets as you’d need to proceed several times in a row ?
In the silence

Activity: 1289
Merit: 294

''Vincit qui se vincit''

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 11:33:00 AM

In our country depositing on ATM is disabled due to the coronavirus outbreak, only remittances are available and there is no limit.

The only limit is when we received in our online wallet account and some are having difficulties because of the employees on lockdown. All will be better when the pandemic vanishes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: