Bitcoin Forum
September 01, 2024, 06:50:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My shares on BTCT disappeared when I miswrite xchange796 for xchang796  (Read 927 times)
xubingde (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:06:58 AM

Anyone has the same experience as I do?
Yesterday I transferred my shares on BTCT to 796 Exchange. The account should be xchange796, but I missed letter “e” and wrote xchang796. To my surprise, BTCT confirmed the transfer immediately. I don’t believe it’s such a coincidence that there’s an account xchang796 which really exists. Therefore, I filed a ticket. It’s been 2 days and no response from BTCT. What should I do? Anyone who can give some advice?
vlaoou321

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:22:29 AM

you are chinese?

Reputation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198808.new#new
Tip: 1CtNCGTyhVkp6AzRwhTsqjkWgwCqk1vSjA
somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:48:36 AM

Someone probably made accounts with similar names hoping someone would make a typo like this. If there was no such account I'm sure the shares would not have transferred. You need to double and triple-check important info like that, or copy-paste it from the site you got it from (even then double-check).

Maybe you'll be able to recover the shares, but they probably already sold them and transferred the bitcoins. You could try posting in the BTC-TC thread here to get more visibility if your ticket has not been answered.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: