Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:51:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm having to look for another forum for Bitcoin discussions.  (Read 148 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 10:47:17 AM

It is with great sadness that I am having to look for another forum to discuss Bitcoin. This isn't an "I'm leaving bitcoin talk" thread, as Bitcoin Talk has been good to me, and there are some great and knowledgeable people here. It's just that it is impossible to maintain a decent discussion about Bitcoin and its uses. Any thread in the discussion forum is shoved down onto page 3+ within an hour or so by posters in the completely useless mega-thousand replies threads. Examples are the " will Bitcoin replace banks" threads - anyone with half a brain will know that they won't, banks will continue to evolve and will stay with us. So why does it take mega-thousands of replies to keep bumping these threads?

I was interested to hear other peoples views on the arrest threats for Bitcoin miners in Venezuela, but my thread has sunk into the mud of the sig spammers flotsam. Please can we have a board where members can discuss sensible issues, and not things like "would you sell your mother/dog/pram for Bitcoin.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 10:53:17 AM

It is with great sadness that I am having to look for another forum to discuss Bitcoin. This isn't an "I'm leaving bitcoin talk" thread, as Bitcoin Talk has been good to me, and there are some great and knowledgeable people here. It's just that it is impossible to maintain a decent discussion about Bitcoin and its uses. Any thread in the discussion forum is shoved down onto page 3+ within an hour or so by posters in the completely useless mega-thousand replies threads. Examples are the " will Bitcoin replace banks" threads - anyone with half a brain will know that they won't, banks will continue to evolve and will stay with us. So why does it take mega-thousands of replies to keep bumping these threads?

I was interested to hear other peoples views on the arrest threats for Bitcoin miners in Venezuela, but my thread has sunk into the mud of the sig spammers flotsam. Please can we have a board where members can discuss sensible issues, and not things like "would you sell your mother/dog/pram for Bitcoin.

I encourage you to check back from time to time, as changes need to happen soon.

Take care JC...

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 04:14:19 PM

Thanks for the kind words, and of course I'll look in, there are some great threads here. Unfortunately, it's a real struggle to find them, and often they are diluted with trivial replies. Merging all the threads such as "what is Bitcoin to you", " Bitcoin will replace banks/PayPal", "Bitcoin is a ponzi", " should I sell the dog to buy Bitcoin" would consolidate half of the first page.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:19:53 PM

I agree with your sentiment.  The root cause of shit-posting is the monetization of posts by signature campaigns.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
matjazsircelj

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:42:01 PM

As much as I find the forum useful and necessary for crowdsale and community communication, I understand your sentiment. There is also so much information and threads, it can be difficult to maintain a decent level of self-organized threads to follow.

On the other hand, for following people, experts and relevant media on selected topic, I find Twitter to be my kind of network, with lists and also a bit more personal connection and relevant conversation.

Are you looking towards other forums or networks, platforms? Is social media (when it matures more, at least) the way to go? I'm interested in other opinions, too. Because I love being informed, being a part of community and having more focused conversation.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 04:58:05 PM

I'm concerned about the world situation, and the dramatic changes that are going on at the moment. There is a growing awareness that the creeping globalism needs to be reversed. The damage done at local levels by people like Obama, Tony Blair, Maduro, Merkel and others, and the shift away from bankers and corporations should be discussed. Bitcoin is one of the central influences, and the forks and parallel coins are worthy of research. The proposed government copies like the Petro will obviously have an influence on Bitcoin. It would be great if we could discuss these things in an adult fashion somewhere.

There are various other techical issues that are emerging. The increase in the value of Bitcoin is putting temptation in the way of the exchanges and wallet providers, and this will probably result in more genuine and fake hacking thefts. I feel that at some time in the future a cross chain facility will be added to some of the primary blockchain based currencies, and this will remove the need for these exchanges. This type of topic is another that could be discussed productively on Bitcoin Talk.

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 05:13:18 PM

is there an alternative called cryptotalk?

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 05:35:51 PM

is there an alternative called cryptotalk?

Sounds like a good name for a restricted access board here on Bitcoin Talk. Smiley

baradfo

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:51:31 PM

I agree with the sentiment that there is a lot of shit posting going on here. What is the consensus for possibly having a paid subscription access to the boards? I think that would help cut down on the amount of newbies coming on to try to farm signature campaigns.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 08:54:23 PM

Thanks theymos. Cry

^This little sentence is more constructive than half of the posts in the mentioned board.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: