Bitcoin Forum
October 02, 2024, 11:16:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Blockchain.info reliable?  (Read 279 times)
lam ait

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:27:26 AM

Ys, it is reliable. But I would not use online Wallets, hardware Wallets and Paper Wallets are more secure.

Hi all,

On 29Nov my Blockchain wallet receipt 0.07375763 btc then i logout my ID then did not log in again from 29nov 2017 until to day 17Dec 2017

yesterday 17Dec 2017  i logged in to my account and very surprise that i lose all my btc on 6Dec 2017.

The transaction is: https://blockchain.info/tx/4643b70c19034eb963f36b4b4a475999ba02e7f79472d2f29fc5056a21d64df2

I am sure that  i have been protect my account very well:

1/ i have been changed the password of my gmail often
2/ I setup 2 fa (two time) and the barcode picture is put in my usb and keep it at home (no connecting internet).

3/ i did not got any email for approval the login to blockchain from 29Nov 2017  to 7 Dec 2017 (i am working online all day and even at the nightime, i immediately check the new email).

4/ i use macbook for  log in to my account (will full kaspensky protection)

did all of you read read the paper about R and S transaction as in the link:
 https://www.coindesk.com/good-samaritan-blockchain-hacker-returned-255-btc-speaks/

I think R and S transaction mistake happen with my account and hackers can withdraw my btc. i also read that blockchain have been working hard and refund for the loss accounts. However, when i sent email to blockchain support, they answer me that i  have some type of malware on your computer that resulted in your funds being stolen, because your private information was somehow obtained.

anyone have same problems with me?
Doctor.Strange

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Go Big or Go Home

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:49:34 AM

Use Mycelium on android and Electrum on Desktop, both are secure

If you need more safety then buy a hw wallet, i.e ledger nano s or trezor
Doctor.Strange

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Go Big or Go Home

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:50:46 AM

Ys, it is reliable. But I would not use online Wallets, hardware Wallets and Paper Wallets are more secure.

Hi all,

On 29Nov my Blockchain wallet receipt 0.07375763 btc then i logout my ID then did not log in again from 29nov 2017 until to day 17Dec 2017

yesterday 17Dec 2017  i logged in to my account and very surprise that i lose all my btc on 6Dec 2017.

The transaction is: https://blockchain.info/tx/4643b70c19034eb963f36b4b4a475999ba02e7f79472d2f29fc5056a21d64df2

2/ I setup 2 fa (two time) and the barcode picture is put in my usb and keep it at home (no connecting internet).

3/ i did not got any email for approval the login to blockchain from 29Nov 2017  to 7 Dec 2017 (i am working online all day and even at the nightime, i immediately check the new email).

https://www.coindesk.com/good-samaritan-blockchain-hacker-returned-255-btc-speaks/

I think R and S transaction mistake happen with my account and hackers can withdraw my btc. i also read that blockchain have been working hard and refund for the loss accounts. However, when i sent email to blockchain support, they answer me that i  have some type of malware on your computer that resulted in your funds being stolen, because your private information was somehow obtained.

Lolx, another cock and bull story from newbie account.
lam ait

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:15:16 AM

Hi all,

Lolx, another cock and bull story from newbie account.

you will change your mind when the you the problems happen with your blockchain ID, i have no time for bull story.
Ararbermas

Activity: 2002
Merit: 283

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:25:34 PM

I am using blockchain.info wallet which is very reliable cause it has 12 backup phrase to restore my fund incase i forgot my password. But it has a disadvantage which is the high fees , that's why im not comfortable sending bitcoin to another wallet. I suggest to make back up the important things such as 12 phrase and private key cause they also support eth.  
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:58:33 PM

You shouldn't worry much about of it you found the right wallet and it is a a legit one just don't bother those negative feedback but if you like a wallet with a password you should consider choosing Electrum. This is far the best if you want to keep your Bitcoin in a hard wallet and wanted to hold it for a long-term investments reason. Just don't forget your passphrase to write down on a piece of paper then hide it as your personal item and never share it to anyone except for your trusted friends or family members.

ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:04:20 PM

I am using blockchain.info wallet which is very reliable cause it has 12 backup phrase to restore my fund incase i forgot my password. But it has a disadvantage which is the high fees , that's why im not comfortable sending bitcoin to another wallet. I suggest to make back up the important things such as 12 phrase and private key cause they also support eth.  

In the same section you may find the many people reporting the blockchain wallet has been not accessible after some years and lost the bitcoins. Keep some bitcoins in desktop wallet bro. You will find the most security in the desktop wallet like multi bit or electrum.
You can keep avoid the online wallets and go with the desktop wallet or hardware wallet.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
sunsilk

Activity: 3066
Merit: 634

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:29:07 PM

Blockchain.info is a web wallet and it has been preferred by most of the people here its because we can't find any trouble with their service, they are providing an easy wallet and doesn't give any problems at all.

But still it is a web wallet and you should be aware that web wallets are still vulnerable with anything that can put them in trouble.

If you want to store big amount of bitcoin then you have to purchase your own hardware wallet. And regarding with the confirmation time, just pay higher fees if you want your transaction to get confirmation quickly.

SM23031997

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:41:54 AM

Don't know why people prefer electrum over blockchain.info, I will always keep them in the same category. If you can't keep your system and password safe then possible you are at risk whether you use electrum or blockchain.info. If you can keep your system virus free then both are secure, if not then get a hardware wallet dude.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:18:28 PM

Blockchain.info is a web wallet and it has been preferred by most of the people here its because we can't find any trouble with their service, they are providing an easy wallet and doesn't give any problems at all.

But still it is a web wallet and you should be aware that web wallets are still vulnerable with anything that can put them in trouble.

If you want to store big amount of bitcoin then you have to purchase your own hardware wallet. And regarding with the confirmation time, just pay higher fees if you want your transaction to get confirmation quickly.

I am also the user for the blockchain wallet for the long time but I really feel inconvenient due to their high transaction fees consumption from the past two months. If the block size has been increased we will find the transaction fees decreased and transaction speed also will increase in future.
Except transaction fees, I think that blockchain wallet is one of the best wallet for the web wallet users.

For security concerns, you do not go to any online wallet. You should prefer the paper or hardware wallets.
sunsilk

Activity: 3066
Merit: 634

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:40:21 PM

I am also the user for the blockchain wallet for the long time but I really feel inconvenient due to their high transaction fees consumption from the past two months. If the block size has been increased we will find the transaction fees decreased and transaction speed also will increase in future.
Except transaction fees, I think that blockchain wallet is one of the best wallet for the web wallet users.

For security concerns, you do not go to any online wallet. You should prefer the paper or hardware wallets.

There's nothing to feel inconvenience because of the high fees, it's normal since the miners are asking for that and not blockchain.info.

They are just implementing what's the suggested miners fee and as for their statement they are not putting an additional fee for that when it comes to security I still trust blockchain.info wallet.

Don't know why people prefer electrum over blockchain.info, I will always keep them in the same category. If you can't keep your system and password safe then possible you are at risk whether you use electrum or blockchain.info. If you can keep your system virus free then both are secure, if not then get a hardware wallet dude.
The truth has spoken! this is for real.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: