Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 10:47:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is humanity's purpose?  (Read 403 times)
ngod91

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:53:56 AM

Qoute:

To explore strange new worlds,
To seek out new life and new civilizations,
To boldly go where no man has gone before...
 Smiley
I guess they already explore everything in this world so it's better to explore things in the universe.
Kuja29

Activity: 74
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:57:13 PM

There is no specific purpose , reproduce and eventualy die , the wheel of fate  just turns different for each of us
ehab.co (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 03:44:59 PM

I think the goal is development, like evolution. Development of awareness, knowledge, humanism.

Yeah I really like this thought. Our species purpose is not a fixed item on a checklist. it is simply to keep developing. Purpose in this case is a an emergent property so meaning is found as more is learnt and developed.

There is no ultimate goal, there is a direction.

Man this is such a deep quote. Very conscious.
Goethe

Activity: 99
Merit: 36

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:54:28 PM

Understand, grow, evolve
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:20:30 PM

It is as the Bible said we should grow, multiple and fill the earth to brim, Apart from that God didn't task man to do anything else again at all and before i am ridiculed here i am speaking according to what the Bible said. And that's my opinion on the matter.
salinizm

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:36:00 AM

As the first and possibly only species to become sentient and to truly control our species' destiny we have the unique opportunity of asking ourselves. What should we do?
I don't mean what is your individual purpose.
What should sapiens, humans, terrans, as a whole, be aiming to do?

Homo sapiens have only one purpose in life and this is reproducing. Humanking were born with this instintnc . No matter the circumstances are, they can find the way to reproduce. That's why, people have a tendency to bare more children . Our aim for life is reproducing.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:04:31 AM

As the first and possibly only species to become sentient and to truly control our species' destiny we have the unique opportunity of asking ourselves. What should we do?

Me? I think the purpose is to put forward God's plan upon this earth. To propagate kindness to everyone and to realize that we as a species are responsible for everything and everyone. This selfless understanding must come first from God, maintained by Him and replenished ny Him. We only need to surrender to God to have it. Doing Hos purpose for our lives, surrendering to be a tool for Him for me is the greatest purpose man can have

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
mimipipi

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:25:06 AM

Life must have a purpose,without a definite purpose it will be like a kite that does not know the direction,which always follows where the direction of the wind blows it.The purpose of human life is to seek the truth and to achieve happiness in the world and in the hereafter.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
ehab.co (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 09:21:26 AM

Homo sapiens have only one purpose in life and this is reproducing. Humanking were born with this instintnc . No matter the circumstances are, they can find the way to reproduce. That's why, people have a tendency to bare more children . Our aim for life is reproducing.

Yes that's true. But because we are sentient we get to provide our collective existence with a bit more meaning than that  Tongue
bdsultana8

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:02:26 PM

As a human, we should be aiming to be a creature that innovates through our knowledge. The purpose of human life is to seek the truth and to achieve happiness in the world and in the hereafter.
verdi-crypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:33:18 PM

In the words of Rust Cohle from True Detective,
'I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself. We are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, this accretion of sensory experience and feelings, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody's nobody.'

He then goes on saying that we should deny our programming and stop reproducing, but I don't really agree with that.
Mstkotha

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:54:49 AM

Human purpose is something you will understand as you climb higher on the mountain of life. As you gain a greater vantage point, you will understand more of the journey itself.
The purpose of the eye is to see and of the ear to hear, the feet and legs are for the sake of motion, the hands for grasping, etc. We can go on in somewhat this manner pretty convincingly. But wouldn't it be strange if every human ...
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:35:53 AM

I think that the goal of human life is to become happy and to make other people happy without infringing on anyone or harming anyone) it looks like a utopia, but how great it would be to live in such world)
dumbfounded22

Activity: 72

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:32:26 PM

Everyone chooses a purpose according to their desires and opportunities in life. But the common purpose for all of us is the welfare of mankind as a whole because alone we will not survive anyway.
Eldimkos

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

[BTC2] Bitcoin 2, BTC Fork 1:1, PoS 🔥 MN

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 01:57:30 PM

I think the purpose is to be happy with your friends and family. Nowadays people sometimes forget the real goals. They work, even don't know what are they working for.

█████████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ████████████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
j4shortee

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:14:30 PM

There is no one for a given purpose. On a scale of humanity purpose can be space exploration and expansion, figure out how universe work.
nwahshearthiad

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:37:08 PM

The purpose of humanity is to grow as a decent human being, to develope good qualities and virtues ans to discover/to know who is our creator and what is our purpose in life.
NashAmajh
Copper Member

Activity: 186
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:50:49 PM

The purpose of humanity is to live in peace. Where there is no humanity there is no peace. If we can establish humanity in the people's life, we will be able to lead a nice and wonderful life.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉[MIGRATION  。SIMPLIFIED]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:57:14 PM

This is a very difficult question that does not have a definite answer. I believe that the goal of humanity is to live, develop, open new horizons, explore the unknown.
reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:18:32 PM

Our role is to gain a perspective. To exist. To do what we can. Some aspects of humanity seem more important than others. Morality, love, learning, compassion, etc. are more important than greed, violence, etc.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: