Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:49:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I wish there were more ways to earn btc [There could be I just don't know]  (Read 1342 times)
skottiejay (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 06:28:16 AM

I was just thinking, and reading a few of the early adopter posts in the newbie section, and thinking to myself how incredibly lucky those people were that they took a risk that early on, but that's not the point.

I've taxed out my computer after 2 days of bitmining, and I'm tired of sitting around waiting for it to actually hit 1 btc (I have a really lousy notebook don't ask). I wish there were more honest ways of getting bitcoins.

I know you can buy them, I know you can mine them, and I know there are sites that you can do surveys for them, which in my case starts to feel more like a swagcash or something along those lines.

Are there any more ways to earn it, besides exchanging goods and mining and buying? At this rate it'll be ages before I can afford an actual computer to mine on (currenly unemployed!), what's this po' boy supposed to do?   Huh

What else could I say?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vertygo

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 06:40:18 AM

I'd say, based on what I've read, that your notebook will never generate a bitcoin. The gpu on it just can't cut it, and cpu mining has been declared dead for even the most high end processors. How many megahashes/sec are you doing ?

IMHO, your options are:
- Join a mining pool
- Use something like WhileIdle on a friend/family members computer
- Save your pennies, skip a starbucks, and buy some. Wink

Cheers!
skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 06:46:36 AM

I actually am trying to buy some right now, but I can't pull the money from the necessary source just yet until I validate a CC. (Paypal/Amazon?) So until I can do that, I'm probably going to stick to at least *TRYING* to get 1 bc. I doubt it'll happen anytime soon, although I've joined a couple pools and have had moderate success (very small pays but hey it's something right?).

Maybe I can sell some goods, I have a bunch of stuff for android (apps) and other things I can do. So I guess the sky is the limit.  Grin

What else could I say?
guywhogotgoxed

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:13:51 AM

How about work for BTC? You'll need a skill but its pretty easy to get paid. Actually, it's damn easy to get paid when your clients are from the right demographic.
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:31:47 AM

How about work for BTC? You'll need a skill but its pretty easy to get paid. Actually, it's damn easy to get paid when your clients are from the right demographic.

Agreed.

1. Put up a simple 'Resumé' post in newbie/marketplace area.
2. Check out http://forbitcoin.com and post a thing or two.

skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 07:42:59 AM

Thanks for the great tips guys, I think the honest answer is I need an easy way out. Being unemployed (and unemployable i guess) for the past couple years has taken it's toll. I'm not saying this is a "get quick rich" scheme but I'm looking at any option now to make any kind of money to topple myself over until something happens.

What else could I say?
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:51:48 AM

Thanks for the great tips guys, I think the honest answer is I need an easy way out. Being unemployed (and unemployable i guess) for the past couple years has taken it's toll. I'm not saying this is a "get quick rich" scheme but I'm looking at any option now to make any kind of money to topple myself over until something happens.

What did you do for work previously?

What would you like to do for work in the future?

skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 08:07:46 AM

A lot of customer service/call center jobs mostly.

In the future I'd love to do something IT, I'm not the most techy guy around, I know that helping family fix their computer and get rid of viruses doesn't qualify me but I'm willing to learn *anything* at this point just to get out of a rut.

What else could I say?
skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 08:21:10 AM

You could stroke my nine for one, nigga.

uh, what?

at any rate i'm sorry about going on like this, it sounds pretty pathetic but i really do enjoy the idea of bitcoins (no matter how skeptical i am about them) and plus, i just like SAYING bitcoin.

bitcoin bitcoin

What else could I say?
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 11:13:00 AM

join triplemining for an easy way to ge BTC Smiley
xurious

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 11:53:52 AM

Sell your old computer stuff for bitcoin? Or any other stuff for that matter. In all my craigslist posts I put "Will accept Bitcoin." I've made a few that way besides my gpu farm.

SiaMining.com -- First PPS SiaMining Pool! 3%, VarDiff, Stratum Support
skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 02:58:52 PM

join triplemining for an easy way to ge BTC Smiley

already a member! but i haven't seen anything yet Sad

Sell your old computer stuff for bitcoin? Or any other stuff for that matter. In all my craigslist posts I put "Will accept Bitcoin." I've made a few that way besides my gpu farm.

hmm you can do that? i should give that a try lord knows i have enough crap to sell.

What else could I say?
pB11

Activity: 12
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 03:48:41 PM

I wish there were more ways to exchange btc. Dwolla? LR? I never heard of them before!
P2P Virtual Currency is TOO VIRTUAL Smiley
xurious

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 05:03:05 PM

hmm you can do that? i should give that a try lord knows i have enough crap to sell.

Overall in life, if you aren't using something that depreciates over time, you should sell it while it still holds value. Else you'll end up like my uncle with 38 cars that are rusted to the core he still thinks are "worth something."

SiaMining.com -- First PPS SiaMining Pool! 3%, VarDiff, Stratum Support
skottiejay (OP)

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 05:05:59 PM

Overall in life, if you aren't using something that depreciates over time, you should sell it while it still holds value. Else you'll end up like my uncle with 38 cars that are rusted to the core he still thinks are "worth something."

Haha my other halfs grandma is like that, she holds on to things very tightly, so skimps on EVERYTHING just to squeeze a few bucks out.

What else could I say?
iyj

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 12:46:14 AM

I wish there were more ways to exchange btc. Dwolla? LR? I never heard of them before!
P2P Virtual Currency is TOO VIRTUAL Smiley

There are, but many are un-safe to use because of charge backs and payment reversals.

See here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Payment_methods
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: