Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:18:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Network Protection statement from KNCMiner  (Read 5466 times)
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:26:31 AM

I swear people in this forum are quite simply dense.

No where does this display any innate arrogance.

They want to play fair and protect customer ROI, but they aren't going to be walked over like little bitches by greedy competitors hellbent on making a quick buck and killing the hashrate in the process, therefore their response can only ever be to remain competitive.

How the f**k can you genuinely misconstrue their words to mean anything different?!?

If you're not a KnC customer, you should, by all accounts be breathing a heavy sigh of relief. Likewise if you are a KnC customer...

Welcome to the real world where 99% of the population is mentally retarded
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 05:57:54 AM

I doubt it will be that simple, KNCminer specs are way ahead of the current competition. The industry loves to tell the world about products that don't exist for months, giving KNCminer ample time to plan and react.
At the time KnC hits the market there are tens (perhaps hundreds?) of Th/s from BitFury online. And it doesn't seem likely KnC will be anywhere near Bitfury's Gh/W ratings.

So good luck protecting your customers, KnC  Cheesy
Have you looked at the Bitfury prices? They are not cheap, I was disappointed when I looked at the Bitfury prices. KNCminer blows them away for value, ASIC running costs are currently trival, so the GH/w is a small part of the equation atm. unless you are trying to set up a data center full of miners.
That's right, running costs are currently trivial. But if both Bitfury and KnC deliver, it's possible (corrent me if I'm wrong), that not a single miner may achieve ROI in a year. That would make costs not so trivial.

You probably know more about mining than I do, so I should just stfu. The reason I originally responded to you was your misinformation on specs.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:10:18 PM

Oh FFS no ROI for current customers, no repeat business. Is it really that hard?
I don't understand, are you a supporter of KNC, or you represent them officially?

You are posting like a fanboy, not like a professional PR, so I guess that's the former?

No dude I went in person to their open day as did others.

Every step of the way they openly stated, "no ROI for current customers, no repeat business."

That's not fanboy shit, that's common sense, which appears all too uncommon in this thread...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:14:32 PM

Every step of the way they openly stated, "no ROI for current customers, no repeat business."

That's not fanboy shit, that's common sense, which appears all too uncommon in this thread...
Assuming a company around here is operating rationally is foolish, due to the incredibly high amount of:
1) scammers
2) utter incompetents
3) utter incompetent scammers

So no, I won't assume they won't do something very stupid, nor should anyone.

If they do well, good. Assuming they will "because it makes sense", however, is dumb.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 10:22:20 PM

Assuming a company around here is operating rationally is foolish, due to the incredibly high amount of:
1) scammers
2) utter incompetents

If they do well, good. Assuming they will "because it makes sense", however, is dumb.

Huh They are not a scam.

qiuness

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 11:10:09 PM

Bitcoinorama stop wasting your well being on retards...
I have a very good feeling about knc. Maybe it's misplaced, but until proven i`m 100% behind what they are doing.
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 11:30:18 PM

1) scammers
2) utter incompetents

Huh They are not a scam.

Do I really have to explain you that?!?

Scammers pretend not to be scammers, i.e. everyone says he's not a scammer.

I'm not accusing anyone of being a scammer, but your blind faith doesn't make sense.
Here it is full of scammers, so people are wary.
It shouldn't be difficult to understand that, it's quite a simple notion.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 11:34:11 PM

1) scammers
2) utter incompetents

Huh They are not a scam.

Do I really have to explain you that?!?

Scammers pretend not to be scammers, i.e. everyone says he's not a scammer.

I'm not accusing anyone of being a scammer, but your blind faith doesn't make sense.
Here it is full of scammers, so people are wary.
It shouldn't be difficult to understand that, it's quite a simple notion.

I've been there. I've met them. ORSoC have 10 years experience of designing FPGAs and ASICs. Their engineers are very, very good. They are 100% not a scam.

Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 11:36:25 PM

I've been there. I've met them. ORSoC have 10 years experience of designing FPGAs and ASICs. Their engineers are very, very good. They are 100% not a scam.
I have not.
Many people have not.

NVM, I give up, for some reason we apparently can't understand each other.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:02:45 AM

I have not.
Many people have not.

NVM, I give up, for some reason we apparently can't understand each other.

There door is open. Go and visit them.

Creating fud because you won't, can't, or shan't does not help matters, it just shows you want to kick up a stink over being thorough yourself...

SirWizz

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 07:37:50 AM

Bitcoinorama... more enthusiastic than the company themselves...

for all your good intentions you really need to take that cock out of your mouth in public. it's vulgar.

im as eager and paid up as the next man but i can't bear your never-ending 'la-la-la, they're perfect' crap

so you went for a visit... you've made that clear. just give it a rest, can you?

or are you prepared to be held responsible for any disappointments that YOUR endless musings may cause?

He's mentioned it a hundred times, that he only shares his personal opinion so he's as liable as everyone else here. You (and everyone else for that matter) are responsible for informing yourselves. The way I see it, he was actually interested/dedicated enough to actually pursue this, went there and shared his experience/feedback with the rest of us.

Myself (and others as well) feel that his opinion is therefore more worthy of consideration, not because it validates KNC but because he actually DID something about it instead of sitting in his chair and spreading FUD (plus he has a cool head on his shoulders most of the time). And FUD needs to be countered.

As for your worthless "contribution" to this thread, you'd probably be better off sending such messages through a PM in the future since I doubt anyone is genuinely interested in finding out what you personally think of him.
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 08:32:00 AM

As for your worthless "contribution" to this thread, you'd probably be better off sending such messages through a PM in the future since I doubt anyone is genuinely interested in finding out what you personally think of him.
I'm interested, actually : )

No FUD here, simply people with severe reading comprehension problems.
If you think there is some FUD, you're one of them.

SirWizz

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:34:44 AM

I'm interested, actually : )

No FUD here, simply people with severe reading comprehension problems.
If you think there is some FUD, you're one of them.

I'm sure you are Roll Eyes. Do you have anything to say that's actually worthwhile reading or informative in the least?

Assuming a company is operating rationally is foolish only if you had no information whatsoever on the company or the people involved. Since we have had feedback from a number of people that visited and asked numerous questions, we know they are not out to scam people nor incompetent. There is also plenty of information out there regarding the people involved for those interested.

So while I believe your 'concern' might have been legitimate a few months ago when there was little to no information available about KNC and their partnership with OrSoc, it is not valid now. No one can be sure that they will be able to execute and deliver as promised because there are so many variables in the equation, but we know they are serious about seeing this through, they are a legitimate business and so far they have been the most open/fair with respect to their prospective customers.
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 09:50:22 AM

Assuming a company is operating rationally is foolish only if you had no information whatsoever on the company or the people involved. Since we have had feedback from a number of people that visited and asked numerous questions, we know they are not out to scam people nor incompetent. There is also plenty of information out there regarding the people involved for those interested.

So while I believe your 'concern' might have been legitimate a few months ago when there was little to no information available about KNC and their partnership with OrSoc, it is not valid now. No one can be sure that they will be able to execute and deliver as promised because there are so many variables in the equation, but we know they are serious about seeing this through, they are a legitimate business and so far they have been the most open/fair with respect to their prospective customers.
Actually, sir, you're right.
Mh.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 01:09:45 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2013, 01:34:46 PM by Bitcoinorama

for all your good intentions you really need to take that cock out of your mouth in public. it's vulgar.

im as eager and paid up as the next man but i can't bear your never-ending 'la-la-la, they're perfect' crap

so you went for a visit... you've made that clear. just give it a rest, can you?

or are you prepared to be held responsible for any disappointments that YOUR endless musings may cause?

What a pr*ck. Seriously?! Like I've mentioned plenty of times before. I went in person off my own steam for my own investment. I shared what I saw with everyone else. My opinion, no vulgarity. Anyway, make your own opinion; pull your finger out your ass and go yourself. That's not me claiming they're perfect, that's me telling you to STFU and do something proactive. There appear to be a number of threads started recently with the sole intention of derailing their project, and defaming a legitimate company. This after a month of surprisingly well mannered and well behaved members of this forum letting them do their thing. It's clear who has what intentions, and why, just try and behave like an adult.

I find it amusing that I get labelled as a KnC fanboy when I've been active in many threads and positive towards seeing what both individuals like the DIYers can muster as well as Terrahash, who I was always positive towards. Their issue is participating in a price point that opens investment to idiots who do no research and expect minute by minute updates. I started out on this forum calling scams as and when I saw them, whilst undertaking my own thorough research for my own investment, because I'm nobody's fool. I have the luxury of living in the same continent as KnC who were welcome to people visiting, and still are. Get over it, eat some humble pie, and pay them a visit. You won't though, will you??

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 01:20:08 PM

What a pr*ck. Seriously?! Like I've mentioned plenty of times before. I went in person off my own steam for my own investment. I shared what I saw with everyone else. My opinion, no vulgarity. Any to make your own opinion, pull your finger out your ass and go yourself. That's not me claiming their perfect, that's me telling you to STFU and do something proactive. There appear to be a number of threads started recently with the sole intention of derailing their project and defaming a legitimate company. This after a month of surprisingly well mannered and well behaved members of this forum letting them do their thing. It's clear who has what intentions, and why, just try and behave like an adult.

I find it amusing that I get labelled as a KnC fanboy when I've been active in many threads and positive towards seeing what both individuals like the DIYers can muster as well as Terrahash, who I was always positive towards. Their issue is participating in a price point that opens investment to idiots who do no research and expect minute by minute updates. I started out on this forum calling scams as and when I saw them, whilst undertaking my own thorough research for my own investment, because I'm nobody's fool. I have the luxury of living in the same continent as KnC who were welcome to people visiting, and still are. Get over it, eat some humble pie and pay them a visit. You won't though, will you??

Unfortunately there are not more people that spend the time to help the community like this. Thanks Bitcoinorama I value that sort of contribution, if only we worked together like this for the good of the community then less people would be blowing hard earned money on vapourware. Of course proof be in the pudding and we all have to do our own homework and take our risks individually but this sort of work from senior members of the community should be appreciated not mocked or ridiculed. Again thanks Bitcoinorama.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 03:34:20 AM

Just make sure KNC delivers in September are all we need ..
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 03:39:21 AM

endless butthurt BFL refugees storming knc like the walking dread moaning fud from the wilderness

why dont they go to bitfury???  uhh  looks pretty but too hard to put together for them.. they much rather have iMiner like BFL promised them

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:43:14 AM

you're the prick, you mug.

pricking the boards with the same thing over and over.

WE ALL KNOW YOU WENT TO VISIT, my point was shut up about it.

you are boring & repetitious and that is all i wanted to say.

how have you helped anyone since your 2nd or 3rd post?

by repeating that you have been to visit and you love them forever?

keep guzzling it all you want but none of 'us' feel the desire to open a thread a week later to see you've written 'ive been there, why dont you go' 12 more times.

you prick!

AND YOU SirWizz!

Get a room and hold hands.

Bitcoinorama - ive been to visit, they're so awesome.

SirWizz, et al - Wow! Thanks for sharing that, you really inspire the community and i wish everyone was just like you.

Bitcoinorama - Well, i've been to visit, they're so awesome.

SirWizz, et al - Wow! Thanks for sharing that, you really inspire the community and i wish everyone was just like you.

Awesome!! what would the already paid up community do without you???

Now altogether type...... 'Seriously?? +  i've been to visit, they're so awesome'  for a change...

it's been a loooong time since you had a hug huh?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:22:22 AM

What if...they aren't selling any boxes until March because the next gen will be off the shelf having been manufactured in those 3 months? So no long wait? Straight into hashing. IF they meet their Sept. Oct deadlines that's got to be a possibility.

What if they sold you a Jupiter in January not having released this info with you in the dark...and a week later released a much more powerful machine at roughly the same price ? You'd be furious and they would be bastards wouldn't they?

Personally I'm pleased they said this, whatever the reason. It means I can factor an upgrade better around that time.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██