Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:47:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Network Protection statement from KNCMiner  (Read 5466 times)
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:08:39 AM

For me, this statement means different things (apart from good or bad PR/ intentions)

-> They dont intend to further flood the market after diff. got to high for their 1st gen devices to ever ROI
-> They want to protect customer ROI to let them reinvest in new gen. device (good for customer & good for them)
-> Keep diff. low enough to farm with their own devices (good for them)
-> Signaling other competitors that they do not want to get involved into a senseless, neverending, all ROI destroying ASIC race
-> Signaling other competitors that they are interested in a slow growth of network diff. which would be the best for the whole network
-> Signaling other competitors that they are fully armed in case it comes down to a race
-> Signaling customers that their product is limited (-> buy it, now!, good PR move indeed)
-> Most positive signal for me -> they are very confident about what they do

... place your bets Wink

Probably several of those points at the same time.

In less than two months time, they are going to start shipping thousands of units between 0.1 to 0.4TH/s, that will be a significant impact on the BTC net hash. The are not kidding when they say flood the market. Possible as much as 1,000TH/s worth working on say 5,000 units at .2TH/s each on average.

HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2092

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 05:22:28 PM

Just thinking about all this hashpower makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 05:32:16 PM

Just thinking about all this hashpower makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

what about the butt hurt that will come when pre-orders don't deliver 12 months later?

(no different than BFL)

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
dentldir

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 05:48:22 PM

For those that do not have time to read the rest of the threads:

If KnCMiner hits their delivery targets, the existing competition will likely out produce and out price them before or soon after their first units are delivered.  Multiply whatever hashrate they produce by an appropriate constant when you do your ROI calculations. 

They may be a very competent technical team.  However, KnCMiner has no power to "protect" your ROI.  It doesn't really matter what their intentions are.  The only way to protect your ROI would be to guarantee a percentage of the global hash rate for every purchase you make with them.

1DentLdiRMv3dpmpmqWsQev8BUaty9vN3v
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 06:11:25 PM

It doesn't really matter what their intentions are. 

And this is the sad state of society.  Left in a land devoid of honesty and trust, lied to over and over, one loses the sense of what intentions are.  Seeing them as just another way to lie and deceive..

For you, nothing but concrete terms matter.  Why even bother until you can press ship me now?   Go to ASICminer and pay the premium to not swim in these waters

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 06:18:39 PM

Boomshackalaka...

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-25

We have part of an internal presentation we would like to share with you today. While it contains some technically sensitive information (which we have not released earlier for competitive reasons). We believe it’s now in the best interests of our customers  for us to release this information.

The below slides contain information relating the physical setup of the chip and the internal layout of the device. The biggest news is that we can confirm that our chips will have a quad core solution.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:35:43 PM

And this is the sad state of society.  Left in a land devoid of honesty and trust, lied to over and over, one loses the sense of what intentions are.  Seeing them as just another way to lie and deceive..
For you, nothing but concrete terms matter.  Why even bother until you can press ship me now?   Go to ASICminer and pay the premium to not swim in these waters

My acrimonious dealings with Butterfly Labs have completely turned me off of pre-ordering products in Bitcoin space entirely. It's worth it to me to pay the premium to have ASICMiner products in-hand in a reasonable time-frame, rather than placing pre-orders for cheaper products and be at the mercy of whatever developer shenanigans they decide to pull on their patient customers during the development process.

I'm sincerely wishing KNC, BitFury, and the others good luck with their projects, and hoping their delivery issues won't be as bad as Butterfly Labs' or Avalons.

It would be wonderful for Bitcoin miners to be able to go to any of the vendors' websites and have product shipped out within 72 hours, but I really don't see that happening before the New Year with anyone other than ASICMiner.
erk

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:50:53 PM

If KnCMiner hits their delivery targets, the existing competition will likely out produce and out price them before or soon after their first units are delivered.  Multiply whatever hashrate they produce by an appropriate constant when you do your ROI calculations. 

They may be a very competent technical team.  However, KnCMiner has no power to "protect" your ROI.  It doesn't really matter what their intentions are.  The only way to protect your ROI would be to guarantee a percentage of the global hash rate for every purchase you make with them.

I doubt it will be that simple, KNCminer specs are way ahead of the current competition. The industry loves to tell the world about products that don't exist for months, giving KNCminer ample time to plan and react.
Meizirkki

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 08:10:20 PM

I doubt it will be that simple, KNCminer specs are way ahead of the current competition. The industry loves to tell the world about products that don't exist for months, giving KNCminer ample time to plan and react.

At the time KnC hits the market there are tens (perhaps hundreds?) of Th/s from BitFury online. And it doesn't seem likely KnC will be anywhere near Bitfury's Gh/W ratings.

So good luck protecting your customers, KnC  Cheesy
erk

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 08:37:54 PM

If KnCMiner hits their delivery targets, the existing competition will likely out produce and out price them before or soon after their first units are delivered.  Multiply whatever hashrate they produce by an appropriate constant when you do your ROI calculations.  

They may be a very competent technical team.  However, KnCMiner has no power to "protect" your ROI.  It doesn't really matter what their intentions are.  The only way to protect your ROI would be to guarantee a percentage of the global hash rate for every purchase you make with them.

At the time KnC hits the market there are tens (perhaps hundreds?) of Th/s from BitFury online. And it doesn't seem likely KnC will be anywhere near Bitfury's Gh/W ratings.

So good luck protecting your customers, KnC  Cheesy
Have you looked at the Bitfury prices? They are not cheap, I was disappointed when I looked at the Bitfury prices. KNCminer blows them away for value, ASIC running costs are currently trival, so the GH/w is a small part of the equation atm. unless you are trying to set up a data center full of miners.

minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 08:41:58 PM

Bitfury is half the power usage. Not to mention that is actual not theoretical. bitfury is 1000 dollars more for 400ghz minervs knc. Not sure if that is really blowing it out of the water.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
dentldir

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 09:33:58 PM

You have not understood anything I've posted.

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 09:44:20 PM

And this is the sad state of society.  Left in a land devoid of honesty and trust, lied to over and over, one loses the sense of what intentions are.  Seeing them as just another way to lie and deceive..

For you, nothing but concrete terms matter.  Why even bother until you can press ship me now?   Go to ASICminer and pay the premium to not swim in these waters

You have not understood anything I've posted.

you don't understand what knc wrote...   they never said they will 100% protect your investment..  they said they will, in good faith, react to a heavy change in hashrate and look to offer the 1st gen at cheap rates over the winter to keep their customers up to speed...

you went off the deep end

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
erk

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:08:31 PM

Bitfury is half the power usage. Not to mention that is actual not theoretical. bitfury is 1000 dollars more for 400ghz minervs knc. Not sure if that is really blowing it out of the water.
Oh good, half the power usage, that should save me about a dollar a day, only 3 years to recover that from the power savings. Get real!
minternj

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:19:38 PM

Oh good, half the power usage, that should save me about a dollar a day, only 3 years to recover that from the power savings. Get real!

I dont pay for power, but I have a cap on how much power I can use where i mine. So  power/hash ratio is extremely important.

SirWizz

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:28:18 PM

I dont pay for power, but I have a cap on how much power I can use where i mine. So  power/hash ratio is extremely important.

Really? And what about space? How many boards/chips will you need to achieve the 400 GH/s of a Jupiter unit? I doubt that you'd be able to keep everything in the same form factor.
MadHasher

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:32:51 PM

+1
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:36:03 PM

Oh FFS no ROI for current customers, no repeat business. Is it really that hard?
I don't understand, are you a supporter of KNC, or you represent them officially?

You are posting like a fanboy, not like a professional PR, so I guess that's the former?

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
minternj

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:29:37 AM

Really? And what about space? How many boards/chips will you need to achieve the 400 GH/s of a Jupiter unit? I doubt that you'd be able to keep everything in the same form factor.

Whats the Knc unit dimensions? Too lazy to look but last i read someone mentioned it was a size of a 3U rack mount server. Which should be about the same for housing for 400ghz of bitfury. I say should because I really havent looked at the size of the knc.

dentldir

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:31:02 AM

you don't understand what knc wrote...   they never said they will 100% protect your investment..  they said they will, in good faith, react to a heavy change in hashrate and look to offer the 1st gen at cheap rates over the winter to keep their customers up to speed...

you went off the deep end

The deep end is well educated and interested in facts.  Your ad hominem arguments and musings about the lack of human dignity aren't.

I'll stop feeding the troll now.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: