Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:27:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Person stole 50k dollars from forum! F*ck!  (Read 668 times)
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:41:04 PM

Contact your local law enforcement. They can subpena bitcointalk and see the IP associated with the account. If the person always used a vpn, your chances are slim. If not, they will get them.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
l3vin (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:48:50 PM

Thanks a lot for supporting!
Yes, I'm the new one on this forum.
This person enters this forum everyday!
He has a website where you can buy "btc". I bought BTC in October on 52k. I was confident that in December I would make a withdraw from a website. But a button doesnt work now-) there is information on a website that they have some problems and invest this money in alt coins and they had fallen down. But no proofs he didn't provide.
I'm not one person that invest money in it! I suppose that more that one hundred people made it!

I want to make it public that this person can't enter any crypto conference. And all web has to know bad guys.
I have all screenshots, documents etc.
I know that their team is preparing ICO!

Please, give me some advices and help to find this guy by login
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:56:33 PM

He has a website where you can buy "btc". I bought BTC in October on 52k. I was confident that in December I would make a withdraw from a website. But a button doesnt work now-) there is information on a website that they have some problems and invest this money in alt coins and they had fallen down. But no proofs he didn't provide.
I'm not one person that invest money in it! I suppose that more that one hundred people made it!

I want to make it public that this person can't enter any crypto conference. And all web has to know bad guys.

Well first give us his name. We can't do anything without it. His IP address is probably logged with his account, give that to the right person and you can have his home address. There are way too many unreliable people in this industry. Now that it is growing, some professionals will move in.

sampalokmix

Activity: 315
Merit: 100

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:01:58 PM

Hi guys!
A person from this forum with good reputation stole 52000$ (now it is 11,02 BTC). I send it in october. What I need to do? Please help! Undecided

Well Im sorry to say this, but what is lost is lost, maybe someone hacked your account to get profit that you have there. I think this must be a lesson for us in which entering your account may be dangerous enough for you profit.

soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:05:55 PM

Hi guys!
A person from this forum with good reputation stole 52000$ (now it is 11,02 BTC). I send it in october. What I need to do? Please help! Undecided

The question is, why did you give 50k to a guy you don't know on BT? Even if it's sad, you can only blame yourself. We repeat all day long that you have to be very careful in the crypto and that you have to secure everything... It's natural selection.

Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:38:24 PM

How dumb you are?? you just gave those money easily.. be careful next time buddy you should seek permission first or ask anything who knows escrow on your transactions.
orka39

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:42:21 PM

Hi guys!

What did you send it in october? Your wallet and key? Why then?
Well i am so sorry to here this but not many thing you can do to get your money back from him. Just learn this experience to prevent such this thing happen in future.

trimulia

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 11:58:20 PM

Hi guys!
report to moderator with proof and give him red trust. just that
and i have small question, why you not use escrow for 11 btc transaction?

l3vin (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:02:46 PM

the company and person have good reputation on this forum.
why moderator doesn't answer on my messages? Huh
P2Pfinder

Activity: 249
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:28:00 PM

If you are saying the truth, you must post name and full history of happenings. And you have to post proof. You could help a lot of people

kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:51:36 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 01:27:48 AM by kahc

Waiting for you to post,earlier  the better.
Maybe you can save others from falling for the ICO/scam.
tomwalsh

Activity: 112
Merit: 30

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:13:13 AM

Thats the thing about people man. Even with good trust on an account greed sets in. The trust could have easily been artificial too, just build up multiple accounts and have them trust each other... sorry for your losses dude but you're never getting them back.

orka39

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:32:01 AM

It'll be impossible right now if your objective is to get your money back. Because the only thing you can do right now is to propose an appeal for this. And leave somebody a red trust.

I am sad to hear this, somebody from community stole money. Its not forgivable.
I think too difficult or nearly impossible to get your money back. $50k is not small money so he will not give your money back i think.

boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:10:38 AM

Wow you give away $50k to a random person sorry mate but there is nothing you can do about it, you won't recover it. There was already a link posted  where you can post as you mentioned the person is reputable here in the forum. Just report him so that others wont be a victim of this scammer.
adam2018

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:31:50 PM

He has a website where you can buy "btc". I bought BTC in October on 52k. I was confident that in December I would make a withdraw from a website. But a button doesnt work now

I am guessing 50K must only be like 10% of your total net worth otherwise you would not risk it in this fashion without doing a ton of research ?

Most of us would probably not recover for a while after such a huge loss.

Surely if you did a little bit of research you would know what they say about exchanges... Use them like Public Toilets, do your business and move on.

Its reasons like this that people invented Secure Wallets, and offline Wallets.

The least you can do is tell us which website it is so we can blacklist it or tread with extra caution.
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 12:50:33 AM

it seems you invested in some site that promised you double or a cloudmining perhaps?

Always keep your coins with yourself, there are many secure ways like using trezor to do so

Post details of the site you used and any other information that do not show your personal or financial info for now
If not help you, it would save some others in future
l3vin (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:58:04 PM

If you are saying the truth, you must post name and full history of happenings. And you have to post proof. You could help a lot of people

I can do this but maybe this person will disappear. What all community does think about it?
l3vin (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:07:54 PM

you sent 50k to a random person over the internet with none of their personal information and no way to track them down?
i gave the money personally in their company. now office is closed! you think i must public say about this person? what community can do?
Layla99

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:12:15 PM

Not sure why someone would just give bitcoin away like this. Op, why?
Layla99

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:13:50 PM

you sent 50k to a random person over the internet with none of their personal information and no way to track them down?
i gave the money personally in their company. now office is closed! you think i must public say about this person? what community can do?

DUDE POST THE USERNAME
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: