Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:21:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to send btc from a specific address?  (Read 111 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:52:14 PM

I recently requested btc to an address i never used.  I also have btc in other address in my electrum wallet. 

I know if i send btc to another site that amount of btc in my wallet would be deducted.  However, they seem to deduct a small portion from a few different addresses it seems if one address does not have enough btc or so.

How do i send btc to a site from a specific address?  I want to send it from that btc address that i just received.  For example say i received a total of 0.03 btc in an address.  But i have btc in my other addresses and i do not want any btc being withdrew from those addresses.  Thus i want the full amount of btc that i want to send to come from the wallet i just received btc.  So say i have 0.03 btc in that new address.  The sending fee is say 0.001 btc.  I would then send 0.03 - 0.001 = 0.029 btc from that address to another site as the fee would then add up to a total of 0.03 btc.  How do i do this so the btc balance in my other addresses are not affected?  Thus imagine i were to send 0.03 btc but actually put 0.03 btc sent and there is the 0.001 btc fee.  So where would the 0.03 btc leave from?  Would it be from the new address i just got the new btc or from the old one?  But even if it comes from the new one, then the 0.001 btc fee has to come out of another address since i don't have the full 0.031 btc in that one address right?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: