Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:32:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Insurance expense in Mining  (Read 80 times)
LSteve (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:54:57 PM

Hi all,

Has anyone taken into account insurance costs for the mining equipment into their business model? With the considerable investment in equipment I think its very much appropriate to be considered. If so, what type of coverage do you have? What percentage of total Revenue does it represent on average?

Regards,

LSteve

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:02:42 PM

Hi all,

Has anyone taken into account insurance costs for the mining equipment into their business model? With the considerable investment in equipment I think its very much appropriate to be considered. If so, what type of coverage do you have? What percentage of total Revenue does it represent on average?

Regards,

LSteve

Insurance mining equipment means will this insurance covers the ASIC hardware alone or psu, rig and etc all including in that. This is the reason many people swapping their mining option GPU cards.
Those cards have almost two years of warranty from the purchase date so that is the reason I too started mining rig set up with the GPU cards.
Please give another decent explanation if I am taking your service wrong you think!
LSteve (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:49:08 PM

Hi all,

Regards,

LSteve

Insurance mining equipment means will this insurance covers the ASIC hardware alone or psu, rig and etc all including in that. This is the reason many people swapping their mining option GPU cards.
Those cards have almost two years of warranty from the purchase date so that is the reason I too started mining rig set up with the GPU cards.
Please give another decent explanation if I am taking your service wrong you think!

Thank you so much for your response. Indeed that equipment has period of warranty which depending on the risk tolerance of the individual, it is a choice of it this coverage is enough or not ( considering it does not cover risks not related to technical issues of the card itself and outside risks like theft, fire, etc).

Perhaps an additional coverage is not feasible for someone with a small ri but the question was posed for individuals who have made a considerable nvestment (US20k and beyond) which I didn't specify of my previous question and perhaps have some investors backing up the

That's why I would gladly appreciate the feedback of anyone who has explored this option and the impact on the bottom line of the operation.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: