Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:38:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin + major Alts 13x in 2018?  (Read 175 times)
R_Block (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:04:00 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 03:47:33 PM by R_Block

At the height of the dotcom bubble the value of the companies were priced at $6.7 trillion dollars. Given that the currently marketcap of cryptos are around $500 billion this is 13 times smaller than the the Dotcom bubble. Remember that this was only in the US and there weren't trillions of printed money floating around! Currently there are $9 trillion in negative interest rate bond i.e. you lose money if you hodl the asset, if another few trillion goes into the crypto market the prices will explode.

For me a this leads to a simple conclusion: even if this is a bubble Hodl and buy more! Do you agree with this thesis?

There is this fantastic article about this:

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@penguinpablo/if-the-cryptocurrency-market-is-a-bubble-right-now-then-it-is-a-very-small-one

Also:

https://www.ft.com/content/86e1e87e-81ed-11e7-a4ce-15b2513cb3ff

--------------------

Promotion: https://goo.gl/UHYsJW

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Saksham

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:13:21 PM

At the height of the dotcom bubble the value of the companies were priced at $6.7 trillion dollars. Given that the currently marketcap of cryptos are around $500 billion this is 13 times smaller than the the Dotcom bubble. Remember that this was only in the US and there weren't trillions of printed money floating around! Currently there are $9 trillion in negative interest rate bond i.e. you lose money if you hodl the asset, if another few trillion goes into the crypto market the prices will explode.

For me a this leads to a simple conclusion: even if this is a bubble Hodl and buy more! Do you agree with this thesis?

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@penguinpablo/if-the-cryptocurrency-market-is-a-bubble-right-now-then-it-is-a-very-small-one

Also:

--------------------

Promotion: rblock.co
To be honest this is to optimistic, even for me, let's say even if someone has some info's from inside this kind of price evolution would be really spectacular.
vibingpositively

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:08:00 PM

I don't disagree with anything you said there it all makes sense. I don't know if alts will 13x but I am still expecting major growth in 2018 somewhere from 5-10x because of all the money that will come into crypto. If somebody got in at bitcoin at 15k and during the year it becomes 30k or 45k you can be quite certain they won't cash out everything and will let some of that money go into altcoins. Some may not but I think a majority will and it will have both markets thriving. I also think bitcoin will get to or get close to 100k which means there will be trillions in the market and again I think some of it has to spill over into altcoins.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:16:35 PM

The article is well-written and explained by the author about how things end up. But here, as you said that "if those few trillions will come in crypto markets, altcoins will rise" - that's a scenario that will happen for sure. But I think that Bitcoin will hold the majority of funds coming in through sources, and so, Bitcoin may float very higher even if just 1 trillion gets into it and market cap will fly very high once this turns into a reality. What I don't understand here is - Why did you choose a number i.e.; 13x? How can you be so sure? Bitcoin is already 16x this year alone, so if Bitcoin reaches 13x more from current value it will be Hyperbitcoinism.  Wink
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 905

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:52:51 AM

Comparing cryptocurrency bubbles with the dotcom bubble is a pretty old topic here.
I wouldn`t compare them ,because the time is different.The dotcom bubble and all the internet companies were considered "cool" in the eyes of the majority of the people.Now,most of the people just don`t understand the  cryptocurrenies and how the blockchain and mining works.
The central banks and the governments won`t let a 13x price increase next year.I see too many crypto haters in the financial industry.

R_Block (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:40:34 AM

The article is well-written and explained by the author about how things end up. But here, as you said that "if those few trillions will come in crypto markets, altcoins will rise" - that's a scenario that will happen for sure. But I think that Bitcoin will hold the majority of funds coming in through sources, and so, Bitcoin may float very higher even if just 1 trillion gets into it and market cap will fly very high once this turns into a reality. What I don't understand here is - Why did you choose a number i.e.; 13x? How can you be so sure? Bitcoin is already 16x this year alone, so if Bitcoin reaches 13x more from current value it will be Hyperbitcoinism.  Wink

Hahah thanks for the comment this was based on the simple calculation of size of dotcom bubble / crypto market cap = $6.7 trillion / $500 billion =13.4 ish

I do agree with the point about uneven distribution of funds into bitcoin and regulation. However, 40% of bitcoins are owned by 1,000 people I'm sure the power people who control the world will help crypto out.  Grin

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-08/the-bitcoin-whales-1-000-people-who-own-40-percent-of-the-market

BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:47:47 AM

Let's stop for a moment to think about numbers.
If it happens, then it means that the whole crypto market will be worth 6.5T$(Lets assume that the starting point we are talking about is now, at 500B$ market cap.)

If it happens, it is going to take the whole crypto market to be as big as half of the Gold market cap, which is huge, I think that we will need to see some big things to happen in order for us to reach that market cap.
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:02:42 AM

If the Bitcoin market capitalization reaches that $6.7 trillion now then the price of a single coin is $400,175, that is times 22+ of the current value and that's not impossible for Bitcoin to achieve as it continues in increasing. For me the Dotcom bubble can only compare to ICOs right now and never to Bitcoin because we all know that it never support this ICOs, Ethereum did. It just that there are companies that accepting an investment from Bitcoin but that doesn't mean it supports it.

Dotcom bubble, Tulip Mania, Y2K etc... are the issues that already happened in the past but there are people that keep on relating it to the Bitcoin's success right now. The money inside Bitcoin is just a small portion of the total money that is circulating in the world so for me it's better to wait what will happen in the future(less headache) as there are unlimited predictions by different people who thinks they know everything.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:14:34 AM
Merited by R_Block (1)

The dotcom bubble was fostered by tech giants like microsoft, apple and google. A very large percentage of newly made millionaires and billionaires in the world made their wealth in the tech industry. The Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniaks of the world. There was something like a gold rush of eras past where a lot of people tried to hop on the bandwagon hoping they could get rich, too.

I think the dotcom bubble was very different from bitcoin. Profiteering and getting rich in 21 quick steps was the main motive fueling the dot com bubble. Bitcoin is different. Crypto currencies are something people actually use that have utility and real world functionality. Bitcoin is not a get rich quick scheme to most. From the beginning I remember there being a lot of people who believe in crypto and everything it stood for. That spirit and mentality appear to still be present today.

While the dotcom bubble may have been a mere stepping stone to many on their path to fame and riches, I don't think that type of mentality is as prevalent in crypto.
R_Block (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:40:07 PM

It is interesting to follow up on my prediction 2 months ago. It seems that the markets had a rough few weeks. However I am still very optimistic about the prospects for future growth. I think I will still hold to my prediction.

Also, what do you think about Olaf's prediction that ETH will overtake BTC's marketcap by the end of the year? It is also only $60 billion behind: https://www.flippening.watch/

R_Block (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:45:44 PM

The dotcom bubble was fostered by tech giants like microsoft, apple and google. A very large percentage of newly made millionaires and billionaires in the world made their wealth in the tech industry. The Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniaks of the world. There was something like a gold rush of eras past where a lot of people tried to hop on the bandwagon hoping they could get rich, too.

I think the dotcom bubble was very different from bitcoin. Profiteering and getting rich in 21 quick steps was the main motive fueling the dot com bubble. Bitcoin is different. Crypto currencies are something people actually use that have utility and real world functionality. Bitcoin is not a get rich quick scheme to most. From the beginning I remember there being a lot of people who believe in crypto and everything it stood for. That spirit and mentality appear to still be present today.

While the dotcom bubble may have been a mere stepping stone to many on their path to fame and riches, I don't think that type of mentality is as prevalent in crypto.

I love the sentiment behind the post! I love the promise of blockchain tech to rewrite the rules of social cooperation,  Sadly I'm not sure if this is true. The early pioneers of the internet was equally as optimistic about the ability of the internet to remove dictatorships etc. Also the new batch of 'crypto-enthuaists' are very much money driven.

guschin

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:08:16 PM

It is interesting to follow up on my prediction 2 months ago. It seems that the markets had a rough few weeks. However I am still very optimistic about the prospects for future growth. I think I will still hold to my prediction.

Also, what do you think about Olaf's prediction that ETH will overtake BTC's marketcap by the end of the year? It is also only $60 billion behind: https://www.flippening.watch/

ETH will never be able to overtake Bitcoins. It has nothing that special that gives it and edge over  the former option. If Bitcoin falls below $5000 or so, I see all alt coins collapsing.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:14:45 PM

Also:

--------------------

Promotion: https://goo.gl/UHYsJW

As much as I'd like to say history repeats itself, I think people generally learn from their mistakes in the past. When in the dot com bubble, people didn't really know what the outcome was going to be. They just kept investing. Not only is crypto dangerous to a lot of safe investors (which I think make up the majority of all investors), but it's very technologically dependent, so many people are drawn away from it. I don't think crypto markets will have the same market cap as the dot com bubble sometime soon.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:07:14 PM

There is a research estimating that the total cryptocurrencies capitalization
can exceed $5 Trillion by 2025! Current market capitalization is $387B, and when
Bitcoin was $19000, market capitalization was close to $800B.
https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/1*B0DpUKo-4U0k5N_cfJCXtQ.png
   2017 was like this. Next 7 years can look the same, and market capitalization can
go to $5 Trillions.
   If you wish to read full blog here it is:
-https://blog.latoken.com/what-will-happen-in-the-crypto-market-in-2018-a7406faae961

I mostly agree with writen. Long term trend will stay unchanged and crypto-market
will grow. The advantages of crypto-currencies will attract more people. x 13 is not
impossible, it will happen. Question is this year, or next one.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███